Cherish

Cherished

It’s currently four o’clock in the morning. It was a heavily stormy night. Sheets and sheets of water fell from the grey skies, beating down the tall trees that were dancing in the strong wind. The crashing lightning startled me once in awhile as I was counting between the blinding flashes and the roaring thunder. At this moment, I knew the Sea Gods were wrathful, they were pleading me not to do what I was going to. They were never going to forgive me...

 

I took small steps one by one which matched the speed of the falling rain. Each step I took ached my heart more than it pained my injured feet. The echos of my footsteps could be heard throughout the dead hallway. Everyone was fast asleep. My sore, bare feet left a trail of blood when I was walking. Living on land was harder than I imagined it would be. It’s sadder than I thought it would be. The white dress I was wearing covered my body all the way until my knees leaving the rest of my milky legs exposed. Back home, I was treated like a Princess. I was given jewels and pretty pink dresses to wear. I was the Princess of fathers Kingdom. Now I was nobody.

 

I hesitated to open the door when I reached his room but I knew he’d be asleep. As I opened the door, I was greeted by the scent of Lavender that he liked so much. I entered the room and shut the door behind me. I approached his body which was resting there on his king sized bed. I thought about admiring his featured for the last time before doing what I was going to do.

 

A tall slender body, milky white skin and the most perfect face. I bent down to admire his face a little more. He had a small face with a sharp jawline. I traced his jaws with my finger lightly so he doesn’t wake up. I moved up and smiled at his small, soft lips imagining how many times he must have smiled at me with them. I moved along and traced his thin nose and stopped at his nose bridge. I leaned down to admire his eyes and found myself lost, counting his lashes. I snapped out of it and stood up. I looked at the dagger I was carrying around the whole time.

 

‘Kill him and drench your feet in his blood.’ they all said. It’s easier said than done. Looking at him, I couldn’t bring myself to do it. Instead of saying ‘I’ve done the deed.’ I would want to die smiling, mouthing him ‘I love you.’ I dropped the dagger and smiled. Grandmother always thought of me as the smartest one of my sisters and I knew that my decision was the smartest I’ve ever made. ‘I’m sorry Grandmother, be proud’ I thought before I turned around and started to walk out. I followed the trails of blood I left behind before and reached out for the door. I stopped when I heard footsteps behind me and felt a warm embrace.

 

I turned around to see Sehun. Although he wasn’t expressive, I could sense worries in his eyes. He was holding the dagger in his hand and reached for my hand where he placed the dagger. He grabbed my wrist and pointed the dagger towards his heart. My hand was shaking with fear. I didn’t want to hurt him, yet he was willing to go through the pain by himself.

 

“Don’t hesitate.” he said. His voice would usually soothe my wounded heart, yet it injured my heart even more today. The thunder crashed. It felt like the sky was going to fall on us but it was slightly befitting for tonight. It reminded me of that day. The special day I just want to forget.

 

 

 


 

Grandmother would always tell me stories about the world above. As a child, I would always wait for the day I turn fifteen. One by one, my sisters would turn the right age and visit the surface. They’d come home and tell me about the green grass, the blue sky, white clouds, sandy beaches but what caught my attention the most were these creatures called humans. As a mermaid, I was granted to live two hundred years but I’d rather live less than half of that just like a human. Instead of turning into foam after two hundred years, I wanted to turn into a soul and wander the skies above. I wished to walk, run and dance just like humans. I just wanted it to be my turn some day…

 

The day finally arrived. I turned fifteen and was allowed to visit the surface for the first time. Grandmother told me to be careful. I was greeted by lights, music and laughter at the surface. It was something that humans called a ship. I never understood why humans wanted to explore the sea when they were granted a pair of legs to run around on land.

 

As I swam closer to the ship, I spotted a human. I found him really fascinating at first and shamelessly stared at him. On such a perfect night, he was lonely gazing into the dark, starry sky. As I came closer, I started to analyse his features even more. What really bothered me though, was his empty gaze.

 

Without realizing, I started to sing. I wasn’t bothered by the loud music in the background. Instead, I filled the sky with my own voice. I wanted to bring a smile to his face before going back. I followed the rhythm of my heartbeat as a metronome. I seemed to have caught his attention as he started to look for where the voice came from. I decided to hide from him and admired him even more from a distance. I saw a slight smile on his face as he looked into the water. At this moment of time, I felt like I could almost float in the water. I felt bubbles in my abdominal. My Grandmother always spoke of this as the ‘Love sickness’. Yes, I was in love.

 

For the whole night, I followed the ship. The human I fell in love with turned out to be a Prince of the Land Kingdom. He too, set out for the sea to celebrate his birthday. Other humans were cheering and shouting his name. His name was Prince Sehun.

 

On that peaceful day, just like today a violent storm started to brew. The sudden downpour of rain drenched the passengers and the furious wind raised panic among them. The waves crashed and whipped the ship threatening to destroy it. Before I knew it, the Prince was thrown off the ship by the waves. I started searching and found him unconscious falling deeper and deeper into the sea. I took him back to the surface and took care of him until he finally managed to cough up all the water he swallowed. I was afraid that he’d be scared of me so I decided to watch him from a safer distance. I waited for him to be found, and after hours of waiting, I saw a figure in the distance. It was a very pretty female. She had deep brown eyes and jet black hair that contrasted well with her milky white skin.

 

Although I was glad that he had been found, at the same time I felt jealousy. I felt like I was the one he should have seen when he opened his eyes and not her. That night, I spent watching over him until daybreak. My family was worried about me but I was more worried about Sehun. Although there was some disappointment, I was able to swim back with a relieved heart, knowing he’d be fine.

 

Back at home, I was flooded with many questions. My father was more concerned about where I was and what I was doing while my sisters were more interested in what I saw. However, the first person I wanted to greet was my dear Grandmother and tell her all about my dear prince.

 

“I saw a ship, with many humans,” I started off saying, “but one of them caught my attention the most.” Her smile dropped when I told her.

 

“When a mermaid falls for a human, she will suffer for eternity until she turns into foam.” she warned.

 

“Why is that Grandmother?” I asked.

 

“Because Mermaids and Humans were never meant to be together.” she answered. The atmosphere became silent all of the sudden. I wanted to protest and tell her that nothing is impossible, but in the end I didn’t.


 

The Grandmother I always loved, I couldn’t bear to disappoint her.



 

Weeks past, and I didn’t see him since that day. Whenever I went back to the surface, I could only see children playing near the sea. No sight of the Prince whatsoever. I wished so much to be able to walk on land and to be granted an eternal soul like a human. I wanted to live together with him for eternity, even after death. I suddenly remembered the old sea witch who lived in a cave, deep down. I heard stories about how young mermaids were cursed after going to the cave. Some of them never came back. I was always warned not to go near that place but I couldn’t think of anyone else to give me advice.

 

Swimming deeper down, I felt like I was going to disappoint my whole family. My heart told me to keep going, yet my mind told me otherwise. As I reached the bottom, II swam into a dark cave covered in algae. I heard maniacal laughter inviting me deeper into the cave.

 

“Come in my dear Princess.” I heard. I was invited into the cave by a deep and low voice sending shivers down my spine. I was welcomed by a hideous sea creature.

 

“You have come in the search for human legs, right?” she asked. I nodded silently. I didn’t know whether I should trust her or not.

 

However, her next sentence caught my attention.

 

“I shall make you a deal, dear.” she said in her low, monotonous voice. “Are you willing to listen?”

 

I was still hesitant. The decision I was about to change could cost me my life. It could all be a lie and I’ll never see the Prince again, but for him, I was willing to take the risk

 

“Yes, please proceed.” I answered.

 

“I shall exchange your beautiful voice for a pair of legs. Be warned Princess, if the Prince finds another love, you will turn into foam and disappear forever.”

 

I didn’t know whether I should trust her or not,  but in the end I agreed to the deal hoping I would live happily with the Prince.

 

After I agreed to the deal, my voice was gone. As much as I tried to sing in the voice that made him smile, I couldn’t bring a note out of my mouth. It hurt so much thinking about the voice I used to be so proud of suddenly being gone. It felt like my pride was taken away from me.

 

I left the cave after losing my voice and as I reached the surface, I was washed away to the shore and fell unconscious.




 

I was woken up by vigorous shaking.

 

“Wake up, you’ll catch a cold here.” I heard a voice call out. I slowly opened my eyes to see him in front of me. He seemed worried and placed a rug over me. I now had a pair of human legs. The witch fulfilled my wish.

 

“What are you doing here? You shouldn’t be sleeping in a place like this.” He started to scold me. His voice was soothing although he was nagging me. I was trying to force a few words out, telling him that I was fine but then I remembered. I lost my voice.

 

He saw me struggling to get words out of my mouth.

 

“You can’t talk?” he asked. His voice was full of concern. It made me want to smile just listening to it. I shook my head.

 

“How about you come with me?” he asked. I didn’t know where else to go so I nodded. I had nowhere else to go anyways.

 

“Will you be alright standing up?”

 

Although I nodded telling him I was going to be fine, his kindness didn’t let me get up by myself. It was my first time standing on human legs on land. My excitement was soon broken by the pain I felt. I was standing on fine sand, yet I felt like I was standing on glass shards. Shards that pierced through my feet, yet I managed to smile knowing Sehun was there to support me. I started off by limping on the soft looking ground. When I looked back I saw a trail of blood I left behind.

 

“Are you hurt anywhere?”

 

I shook my head once again. He couldn’t see the blood I was leaving behind neither could he feel the shards that were piercing through my feet.

 

“Why don’t I carry you? Jump on.” He smiled and bent down wanting me to jump onto his back. I didn’t know how to respond to his kindness.

 

“There is no need to be shy.”

 

I was lifted off the ground and he carried me back to the palace on his back.

 

“Have you been lying there for a long time?” he asked. I shook my head. I just remember being swept away from the sea by a wave.

 

“Were you swept away by the waves?”

 

It was as if he had just read my mind. I nodded in response.

 

“What were you doing in the sea? Don’t tell me you are some kind of Mermaid Princess.” he laughed whole heartedly. I just chuckled quietly as I found the whole situation quite ironic.

 

“Look, you feeling better now, aren’t you?” he asked. His kind words melted my heart. I smiled in response.

 

“I will tell you a secret. Promise not to laugh though.” he whispered. I nodded eagerly to hear the secret. He laughed at my eagerness.

 

“I actually believe in Mermaids.” he said. He seemed serious. I went silent.

 

“Oh god, please don’t tell me that I sounded weird.” he laughed in embarrassment. His cheeks turned pink all the way to his ears. I quickly shook my head.

 

“So, you believe in them too?” he asked. I nodded which made a smile form on his face.

 

“Well, you might not believe me but I saw one before.” he smiled. I stayed quiet. “It was awhile ago. I was on a ship celebrating my birthday. I remember being upset and looking out at the stars. The last thing I wanted to do that night was to smile. I heard a very beautiful voice after a while. A maid in my palace always used to tell me about Mermaids having the most beautiful voices of all creatures. After hearing that voice, I was certain that it was a mermaid. I tried to look for her everywhere but couldn’t find her. Before I realized, I was swept off the ship by a wave. I was lucky enough to survive though.”

 

The irony of his story formed a smile on my face. I laughed slightly.

 

“It’s fine if you don’t believe me, but I will find her someday.” he smiled to himself. His determination was cute. It was funnier to think that he had already found me, but it’s sad at the same time knowing that I can’t tell him who I really am. He kept walking while telling me stories about the sea I was so familiar with.

 

“Come to think of it, what’s your name?” he asked. I wasn’t able to tell him my real name. My actual name was Younghi. He was waiting for me to respond in silence and then realised.

 

“Oh, sorry. You can’t talk right?” he asked. I nodded with a smile. He kept walking while thinking.

 

“How about Yuni?” he asked, “It means Swimming girl. It fits perfectly since I found you by the shore.” I ended up laughing at the situation as it got more and more ironic.

 

“You don’t like it?” he asked. I gave him a smile saying that I loved the name.

 

“You see, we don’t need a language to understand each other. We can express ourselves with our expressions. It seems more easier that way too instead of going through the trouble of learning a language, right?” he said while turning his head around to face me. I nodded and gave him a slight smile.

 

Sehun kept walking and in the distance, I spotted the Palace. As we got closer, a herd of people ran over to check whether their Prince was okay.

 

“Prince Sehun, you should tell us in advance before taking a walk by yourself.” a middle-aged man complained. He slowly put me down on my feet, and I could feel that horrible piercing pain again. I tried to smile and hid the pain I felt.

 

“I’m old enough to take walks by myself. There is no need to fuss about me anymore.” Sehun answered in a monotonous voice. His tone has changed from when he had been talking to me. It felt duller and empty and moreover, it felt sad and lonely. The man and other workers went quiet and noticed me hiding behind Sehuns tall body.

 

“This is Yuni. I found her at the shore. She said that she didn’t have anywhere else to go so I decided to take her under my care.” Sehun said after he noticed everyone looking at me. “She’s a mute, so please take care of her.”


 

From that day onwards, I was under Sehuns care. I felt safe and secure under his wings, but I didn’t feel welcomed by the other members of staff and the other members of the Royal family. Maids started calling me ‘parasite’ and ‘leech’ just because I was under Sehuns care. The Princess, Sehuns sister started calling me ‘mute’ and ‘dumb’ just because I wasn’t able to talk.

 

These humans I looked up to all this time suddenly turned out to be mean and cold creatures. However, I didn’t care about anything they said. The fact I became a mute was for Sehun and not for them. I was happy to be able to spend my time with him. I felt proud to be able to sacrifice my voice just to be with him. You can call me a silly little child, but the truth is, I was a little child.  I was a child who didn’t know what love really was…




 

Living as the ‘Palaces Parasite’, I could only find my happiness through Sehun. I got used to the pain of walking on shards and Sehun didn’t have to support me while walking anymore. I didn’t have to limp my way to places anymore.

 

I would usually sit in the garden and watch the scenery with Sehun. It was a rose garden filled with sweet memories and silent tears.



 

“Yuni, do you know what these roses represent?” Sehun asked as we were walking through the rose garden together. He showed me a red, fully bloomed rose. I shook my head showing that I didn’t know.

 

“Red roses are a symbol of love. They are used to confess your love to someone, but they are also used to represent respect and courage.” he explained. I nodded in awe and tried to cover the fact that I was a little flustered after hearing the word love. He walked a little further and stopped as we reached another rose bush.

 

“What about these?” he asked, “do you know what white roses symbolise?”

 

Again, I shook my head.

 

“White roses are a symbol of innocence and purity, but it can also represent silence and secrecy.” he stopped once more after explaining. “That’s not all. Orange roses can denote enthusiasm and desire. Yellow roses stand for joy and gladness. There are several meanings for pink roses. In general, they symbolise grace and gentility. Light pink roses convey admiration or sympathy while deep pink roses convey gratitude and appreciation.”

 

I continued nodding and was fascinated by his knowledge.

 

“Sorry, am I boring you?” he asked.

 

I simply shook my head and smiled.

 

“You see it’s not just about which rose you give but also how you present it.” he said. I tilted my head in confusion.

 

“A single rose could stand for simplicity. In full bloom, a single red rose means ‘I love you’ whereas a bouquet of roses simply signifies gratitude. A crown made from roses signifies reward or goodness.” he finished explaining. “Don’t you think it’s amazing how we don’t need words to communicate?”

 

I nodded in agreement, but his words got me wondering. I wondered what rose could be used to describe me. I tugged on his sleeve and pointed at myself.

 

“You want me to describe you as a rose?” he asked to which I nodded. He walked off further into the garden. I followed behind him. He picked me a light pink rose.

 

“This is perfect for you. I admire you a lot Yuni.” he said smiling. I gave it a thought. Why would he admire someone like me?

 

That day, we walked around the garden even more. Sehun told me more about roses during our walk.

 

“So, what rose you think would represent me?” he asked all of the sudden.

 

I looked around. As much as I wanted to show him a single, fully bloomed red rose, I picked out a withered white rose instead and laughed.

 

“I have made no impression on you?” he asked in a serious tone. I continued laughing and was joined by Sehun. “You shouldn’t joke about these things, it’s mean.” Sehun started to pout a little.

 

It was a side of him he hardly showed off to anyone. He was the mature, ice prince to everyone else yet I saw him in a different light. He was a fully grown adult but I still saw the child inside of him. I felt special thinking about the fact that there was a side of him he only showed to me. I felt like he could express himself to me.

 

We started walking back and heard music in the distance. As we neared the music, we saw a couple of female dancers. They didn’t seem to have caught Sehuns attention but I was fascinated by their smooth and fluid steps. Just like the waves of the deep blue seas I came from, they were swaying from right to left.

 

“You like them?” Sehun asked to which I nodded. I really admired the group of female dancers. I saw other workers smiling and cheering for them. I wanted to be just like them making everyone smile. I wanted to be just like them, being cheered for. I wanted to be just like the deep blue sea swaying from side to side, protecting Sehun just like the sea protected me.

 

After seeing those dancers, I wanted to learn too. I wanted to make Sehun and everyone else around me smile. Everyday, I would go into the garden and dance. Although I was in pain, I was glad to see Sehun watching me and smile. I would always see more blood on the floor after dancing and although it pained me a lot, my wounds immediately healed after seeing him smile and cheer for me the whole day.




 

One day, he called me up after I finished dancing. He was busy making something while I was dancing and swaying from side to side.

 

“Come here.” he called me. I slowly walked towards him. “Close your eyes.” I did as he told and shut my eyes. I felt something being placed on my head. It was a rose crown made out of light pink roses at their fullest bloom.

 

“Remember when I told you about roses that other day. I made this for you.” he said smiling. It was a crown of admiration.

 

“Do you like it?” he asked and I immediately nodded without any hesitation making him laugh a little before lightly patting my head. “That’s good too hear. It’s a crown for a Princess and to be honest, it suits you quite a lot too.”

 

I was quite flustered at his comment. Compared to my sisters, I was probably the most average looking. I never thought anything stood out in particular. Hearing his compliment really made me feel like the most beautiful being on land and in the seven seas.



 

During the course of time, Sehun always stayed by my side. I was happy to make him smile when I danced. He would always sit there watching me dance, and he cheer for me. The more I danced to see him smile, the more blood I shed from my feet. For me it was a small price to pay for love. I felt like my love started to blossom slowly from a red rosebud into fully bloomed rose. I guess the Sea gods had other things in mind…



 

I walked past the Kings room one early morning. I was hoping to go and pick some flowers in the garden. What I heard that day pierced my heart harder than any daggers could have done.

 

“Sehun-ah, you’re are nearly at the age to get married.” the king confronted his son. I couldn’t help but eavesdrop into the conversation.

 

“What do you mean father? I should still wait a few more years.” Sehun protested.

 

“Time flies son. You’ll be my age before you know it.”

 

“Age is just a value. I can fall in love at any age father.” he said still sticking to his answer.

 

“Are you telling me that you’re going to fall in love with that Peasant mute?” his father asked.

 

There was a bit of silence between the pair of them. I was really curious on what Sehun was going to say.

 

“I arranged to see a bride from another kingdom.” his father said breaking the silence.

 

“I want to marry the girl that saved me the other day.” were Sehuns final words.

 

I hid in a place where he couldn’t see me as he stormed out of the room. To be honest, I had mixed feeling about his answer. Even if I told him that I was the one who saved him, he would find it hard to believe. I mean, I can’t even walk properly yet alone save someone.



 

Weeks past after I overheard their discussion. Sehuns attitude towards me did not change after the talk. He was still his joyful self. He didn’t hesitate to laugh or talk to me. I was glad that he was still his old self when talking to me but I was curious of what he thought of me. If I told him that I was the Mermaid who saved him, would he just fall in love with me for the person I was in the past or would he love me for who I am right now?

 

Just like Sehuns father, the king stated, he set up and arranged a meeting with Sehun and the princess from the neighbouring kingdom. During all that time, I was sitting in the garden turning my thumbs. Sehun was a stubborn prince so I would assume that he wouldn’t change his preference that quickly. All this time, he would tell me how set he was on finding the one who saved him from drowning that night. I was wrong.

 

Sehun came out into the garden smiling. I thought something good must have happened. He sat down besides me and started telling me.

 

“I finally found her. The girl from back then, I found her.” he exclaimed with joy.

 

I had never seen him that happy before. It must have meant a lot to him, huh? He asked me if I was fine, and being the naive girl I always was, I smiled and nodded telling him I was okay. Grandmother was right, Mermaids and humans were never meant for each other.

 

The princess turned out to be her. The girl with brown eyes, jet black hair and milky white skin. The girl who saved the prince that night wasn’t this princess sitting here, but that princess from the neighbouring kingdom.



 

From this day onwards, the person walking with him through the rose garden was not me but her. The person who he made crowns for wasn’t me but her. Just like a withering rose, my love was slowly dying and falling apart.

 

Whenever I danced, he stopped to look. He would look with the eyes he always looked at me with, full of eagerness and awe, yet when she came along, he would smile brighter. His eyes shone brighter like they never did before. I was silly for calling myself special. The special one was truly her to begin with. He would then walk off with her leaving me behind; there was no one I could make smile, there was no one who would cheer for me.

 

On those endless days, I would wait for the happy couple to leave and collapse down onto the floor. The pain I never felt all this time suddenly hit me more than it ever did. The wounds on my feet that were once healed by Sehuns smile and laughter suddenly began to open up again. The pain I felt in my feet reached all the way up until my heart where it started to suffocate me.

 

The puddles of blood I made and stained the ground with were washed away with my silent tears.

 

I wanted to be truly happy for him but I realised I couldn’t do that.

 

 


 

Months past and I had finally realised that Sehun had found the one for him. Someone who could make him truly happy. Their engagement wasn’t too far off. I remembered what the old witch said. I would turn into foam if he married someone else. Sitting on the floor, resting my body against a cold wall I started to wonder. Were these sacrifices worth it? The cold wall reminded me so much of the deep blue sea I used to live in. My family would be watching me right now, counting down the days I have left to live. I had been given two hundred years to live but it’s ironic that I would only be able to live fifteen of those.

 

In just a couple of months, Sehun and I grew further and further apart. The thread that held us together was suddenly cut off.

 

There was nothing I meant to him anymore.

 

I was just a freeloader. I was the Palaces Parasite.

 

I didn’t step into the garden anymore. Seeing the stains of blood on the ground pained me even more. I was lonely. I had no one. I wanted to return to the sea where my family was, but thinking about the shame I brought up on my Kingdom, I stayed back.

 

I would occasionally wander around the shore by myself thinking back in time. I have matured in such a short time but there was no use in it now. Wandering around, I started to feel how much the sea meant to me before I meant Sehun. I enjoyed swimming in the sea before I saw him smile.



 

“Younghi,” I heard a faint voice in the distance. It was a beautiful voice that echoed beyond the horizon.

 

“Younghi” I heard it again.

 

The voice brought me back so many memories. It reminded me of times when I used to sing together with my sisters back home. I saw a figure in the distance and started walking into the sea in hopes of getting closer. It was the eldest of my sisters and also the most beautiful one out of them. I was horrified when I saw her.

 

“Take this dagger Younghi. Your other sisters and I sacrificed our hair for this dagger. If you stab the prince with the dagger and drench your feet in his blood, you are sure to become a mermaid again.” she said. “But hurry, you will only have time until daybreak tomorrow.”

 

Saying this, she submerged back into the water. I was left wondering. The wind blew through my hair and the waves crashed against my legs. It was as if the sea told me to hurry. The Prince I loved and cherished so much, I had to take his life with my own hands. I was always doted on for being the youngest in the family. This time my sisters even sacrificed their beauty for my well being.


 


Remembering all this, I felt a huge scare in my heart.

 

Mermaids can’t drown, yet I was drowning in my own tears.

 

I let go of the dagger and the sound it made when it hit the floor echoed throughout the whole room. Crying was the only thing I could do. How could I have thought about killing the one I sacrificed so much for? If only it wasn’t you Sehun, if it was someone else I might have lived more.

 

“Don’t cry,” he whispered as he embraced me, “I promise I’ll ease the pain. I will protect you tonight.”

 

It’s too late to try isn’t it?

 

“You can still live. If you kill me tonight, you would be able to go back and continue your life. Just pierce my heart as sharp as you can so you won’t feel any regret for all the pain you went through.”

 

But doing that will hurt me even more.

 

The thunder crashed louder than it did before startling the pair of us.

 

“The storm is slightly befitting tonight, huh?” he gave off a slight smile.

 

It’s the Sea gods telling me that my time here has ended.

 

“You are her right? The one who saved me. The mermaid I had been looking for.”

 

How did he know?

 

Back at the sea, after I got the dagger from my sister, I was still at the beach rethinking what I was about to do. I guess I was the only one who thought I was alone that time. He had been watching over me all that time. All this time I thought I was alone, I actually had someone right besides me.

 

“I won’t let you disappear.” he tightened his embrace.

 

There was no use now… I could see the storm disappearing and the sun slowly rising. My time was over. My feet started to vanish slowly which made Sehun tighten his embrace even more.


 

I was always the light pink rose. I guess Sehun didn’t just admire me but also sympathised with me all along.

 

To him, I was a mute, I didn’t have a family, I was lonely and had no one besides him who loved me. The pink rose I was given wasn’t just for admiration but it was also for sympathy.


 

When he asked me what rose he was, I joked and said that he was a withered white rose. I simply said that he didn’t leave an impression on me. It was the opposite. He was the red rose with yellow blends giving me happy feelings.

 

For me, he is a Sweetheart rose and it symbolises just what the name implies.

 

At this moment of time I would give you the hybrid tea rose.


 

I’ll always remember you


 

I love you….


 

And at last, his eyes which had lost it’s way in mine cried cried cried….

 

 


A/N- Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed it. I'm really bad at writing emotionally and angsty so I'm sorry if I have disappointed you. 

Also, for those of you who wonder what the title meant, 'Cherish' is the name of a light pink rose. I'm sure you are smart enough to figure out the rest.

Thanks again for reading :)