Hayi's Diary

It's your fault Oppa!

Episode 1.2: Hayi’s Diary

Kyungsoo’s POV

Since I already knew Hayi for 10 years, their house isn’t a mystery to me. I made my way into her room within seconds. Well, this is not the right time to barge into the room like I used to do…So, I’ll knock.

Knock knock knock

“Hayi?”

Knock Knock knock

She’s not answering. Aish, this makes me really nervous. Where is your confidence Kyungsoo? FIGHTING! Should I open the door already?

WHY YES dammit!

Fine fine. My unaffected scorn to you my conscience! Opps, talking to myself again.

Here goes nothing.

I turned the knob, peeked a little into the room. Oops the room is clear. The target is nowhere to be found.

“Where could she be?”

I closed my eyes trying to find an answer.

Flashback 

“That’s okay Oppa, that’s your coping mechanism, well on my part though, in order to clear myself from different thoughts and awkwardly challenging things, I make sure that I have a long bubble bath!”

“That makes you at peace?”

“Why yes! I really like the smell of strawberry in my bath tub. I love the floaty feeling! It was as if I am in the sea of clouds in the midst of a heavenly white presence that is of bubbles!”

“Yeah right, you’re overreacting! You’re only doing that to make me feel better!”

“Bleh!!! But it does make you feel better right?” She smiled

I smiled too.

End of Flashback 

 

So I guess she’s on her bubble bath right now.

While she is clearing her thoughts, I am the one here carrying the burden of..Now that I think of it, This is her room. Last time, this room was totally different..or  I didn’t take notice of it..Haha I remember her pouting because Bommie Noona chose the color for her, and she’s not satisfied with what it turned out to be.

 

Flashback 

“Aish. Aish. Aish.”  She stuffed her food grumpily into

“Yah! Eating the food without chewing it, is bad! It will add a lot more into your weight. And you wouldn’t want that right?”

“Hmpph. Bommie Unnie said that my room will be light violet and would have some touch of yellow in it. “

“And?”

“It became dark violet! It’s so dark and it isn’t pleasant to the eyes! Now my room looks like an eggplant and the only thing that saved it was the yellow lining! “

“Hey, atleast it’s not green. Or else your room will be the perfect example of an eggplant! Hahaha”

“Very funny Oppa! Bleh!” she continues to much her snacks endlessly

“Eat slowly or else!”

“or else what Oppa?! “ I started to pinch both of her cheeks. Aegyo. Her eyebrows meet at the center. She sighed.

“OPPA!!!!!” she shouted angrily

I tried to imitate her. “HAYIIIII!!!!” oops. I won hahahahaha

End of Flashback 

That was a pretty nice memory. Well, her room is not as bad as she think it is. It is rather feminine; her things are piled neatly according to its category. She does have a lot of books. Hmm, most of books are classic romance novels. Her interests shifts a lot, but yeah I do remember her blabbering about how good Wuthering Heights is, how her fave KPOP bands are doing well not only on charts but also on music shows and awards. We do have different tastes, but we blend quite well, right?

I know she would take her time with her bubble bath. I should rest myself first in her hello kitty covered bed. Same as always.

Aish, why is her pillows too high?! Her back wouldn’t feel comfortable this way, huh, her pillow case is composed of two pillows?!  Ah no wonder it is too high. I’ll just take off the other.

Pillow one off. Now I just need to close. Oops what is this. A notebook?

H.A.Y.I. D.I.A.R.Y.

Hayi’s diary. It’s quite simple eh. Just a rose on the cover and nothing else but those letters in emphasis, no beware or lock, just that.

I should return this now, or else Hayi will get angry at me. But, it is her diary.

D.I.A.R.Y. O.O

Bommie Noona’s words awhile ago: Flashback 

"You are not at fault for her absence, but i think you are at fault for spilling the details about your date last night. Because Hayi, here, trusts her little diary more than her Unnie about the lovey dovey things that you did last night."

“Love dovey?”

“What are Hayi’s thoughts?”

"La-la-last night?" It's Hayi's turn to blush. 

"Yes, last night Hayi remember? when you are so happy that you almost kissed everything in this entire house.."

READ IT KYUNGSOO

READ IT

“Okay! Okay! Fighting Kyungsoo!”

Oh she uses the color violet for her entries 

H.A.Y.I. D.I.A.R.Y. 

My personal thoughts about everything, Hayi.

No need to start from the very beginning. I just need to skip through the middle.

 

“XX.XX.XX (Date of the entry)

I am very thankful of Kyungsoo Oppa’s presence.

I know from the very beginning that singing is my forte (the thing that made me passed the audition for this Arts high school) but I really am not confident about it. Though a lot of people have praised my unique voice color, I feel that I am still inadequate.

But in every day that was created, every day Kyungsoo Oppa  would come up into our house’s gate, and would always say: “Fighting, Hayi! Let’s go to class and sing our way to our dreams!” At first it sounds cheesy, yes, I am the cynical type of person. Singing our way to the stage? That is so far away.

But.. but every time he looks straight into my eyes, yeah those wide eyes of him  that demands an affirmative answer…

I find myself saying: “Fighting Kyungsoo Oppa! Fighting Hayi! You can do it!”

Not to mention the smile that he always gives me after I answer him. Yes that is priceless.

Plus the hands. He would always offer me his hands. Those soft hands, that always guides and protects me all the way until we reach our school.

What can I say? Girls likes those little things. And with that my heart skipped a beat.

Oh no, I am reading too much Romance Novels.

I should have stick with reading detective stories, after all it is Oppa’s favorite.

My Favorite?

He would always talk about the characters of every new detective story that he comes across with. And of course, so that I can join him, I would often research in between breaks, yes! And will talk our way into that book.

So that is why she’s not around in some of her recess or lunch breaks.

Bottomline: I am very thankful of Kyungsoo Oppa’s presence. I think I need to recite that everyday so that I can.. you know thank hims properly.

Later D.I.A.R.Y. Bommie Noona is calling me already. Ja! “

I smiled, remember that Kyungsoo. Girls, especially Hayi, likes those little things.

Okay let’s skip to the very important part.

“ XX.XX.20XX (Date of Entry)

It’s morning, and I am getting ready for school. I still wasn’t able to pursue my plan of telling my utmost gratitude towards Kyungsoo Oppa. Yes, after all these years of our friendship, I am not yet contented with how I gave my gratitude towards him, and starting today, I’ll always make him feel special!

Well, he is..very special to me. Not sure about his. But! Yeah! The news said that today will be the first snow fall of the season! I sure hope that is true! I’ll ask Oppa to accompany me and I’ll go with my plan! Bye diary! ”

Make me feel special? So she really planned about going to the park? But what was her plan? Okay next entry. This is interesting.

 

“XX.XX.20XX (Date of Entry) P.M.

Oppa confessed his love to me and I said yes! I almost kiss everything in the house! Even Bommie Unnie said that I was crazy. Hell yeah, I am crazy, I am excited. Just like my 4D sister?! But those details shouldn’t be told to Unnie, or else she will always tease me about it. And being Hayi, I will not tolerate that.

And you my diary is the only person  that would be able to witness my first snow with Oppa:

"So while waiting for the snow to appear, how about we have a test of talents?"

I giggled. "Oppa, this is not a variety show, and you're not Seungri Oppa." Trying to impress me huh Oppa! Seungri Oppa’s plan on her blind date failed. So I gestured a No.

"Waeyooooo, only Seungri hyung is entitled to show his talents for his date?" Trying to be cute eh? Daaa-dattee?

"This is a date?" I inquired

"yes"

I smiled, and I could feel my cheeks burning.

"I'll start now, Hayi." What would he do? This is my plan! Not yours Oppa!

For the sound: DO ft. Chanyeol on SUKIRA Nothing on You :

https://soundcloud.com/lnrnua/exo-d-o-ft-chanyeol-nothin-on

 If I told you I was perfect I'd be lying
If there's something I'm not doing, but I'm trying
I know I'm no angel, but I'm not so bad (no no no)
If you see me at the party conversating
That doesn't mean telephone numbers are exchanging
I know I'm no angel (girl), but I'm not so bad(no no no)


You’re more than perfect Oppa.


Just you know
beautiful girls all over the world 
I could be chasing but my time would be wasted 
they got nothing on you baby 
nothing on you baby 
they might say hi and I might say hey 
but you shouldn't worry about what they say 
cos they got nothing on you baby 
nothing on you baby
Heyyyy.

He looked straight into my eyes. Again, those eyes will be the death of my heart.

"Hey, Hayi. they've got nothing on you.Can you be my baby?"

Tears go back go back. I can’t cry. My plan! I should make Oppa feel special, and not the other way around. He is making me special right now. Think Hayi. But those eyes. Okay I’ll say yes. But Baby is so corny?!

"Yes Oppa. But.."

He was shocked. Kekeke. You are so funny Oppa.

"But, chincha , Ba-byyy? I never thought that you're corny Oppa. Your suave was deducted by 100 points." There I said it.

He smiled widely, and hugged me. I can feel the heat of his hug, and I remember the sincerity in his eyes while he was singing to me earlier.

After a few seconds, a cold thing dropped into our head. We're startled by it.

"Ah first snow of this season." I started

"Yes it is." 

Gather your strength Hayi. Say your appreciation: "Thank you for sharing this moment with me Oppa. I will always treasure it." I hugged him as tight as I could, just to let him know how much his presence is very important to me.

Gomawo Oppa. Saranghae.

I originally planned to sing for him, but the tables were turned. I’ll succeed next time!

So these were her thoughts about me all this time. I appreciate you more Hayi.

Now I just have to put this diary into this pi-llo

 

The door opened.

"Oppa? What are you..is that my dia-ry?" Hayi said

No need to deny Kyungsoo, you’re caught again.

"Ahh, neh it's my fault,again. Mianhe." I rushed to her side.

“And I really think you need to clear your thoughts again, I suggest you go again for another “Me” time and a bubble bath.” I turned her away from her room.

"I’ll be going now. Mianhe. Bye!"

So I run downstairs.

….

"Oh Kyungsoo, did she forgave you already?" Bommie Noona said

"Aniyo, Noona, I’ll go now." 

"Eh??"

"I'll go home now Noona, I know she will and have already forgiven me so. And I know I can always win her heart always...

And  can you please tell her that next time, I have to hear her sing and she should pursue her plan. Bye!”

End of Kyungsoo’s POV

 


End of the Two-shot :) Please share your thoughts about this fanfic. Thank you very much for subscribing! :)