Chapter 2

My Hidden Side

 

 
After a while, I saw a girl with dark hair and electric blue eyes. “Excuse me!” I said to the girl “Hey!” she greeted.
“Are you Park Hye Sun?”
“De. You’re the new girl, right?”
“Yes, I’m Lee Eun Joon but I’d prefer you call me Joonie. Mr. Choi told me that you could show me around”
“Yeah, sure. Follow me” we started to walk “So, do you like Seongsan so far?” we chatted while she showed me around.
 
Suddenly I bumped into a guy and all our books fell on the ground “Sorry, I didn’t see you” he said. “It’s ok. I’m sorry, I didn’t look where I was going” I said picking up my books with the guy helping me. We both lifted our heads and bumped our foreheads “Sorry” we said together. We let out a little laugh. Then we finally lifted our heads and looked at each other’s eyes. He had Amber colored eyes and platinum blonde hair. We both stood up at the same time staring at each other. As he stood up, I could see him better. He was taller than me, he wore a black skinny T-shirt and knee-high shorts and he was a bit muscular. “I haven’t seen you here before. Are you the new girl?” he asked “De, I’m new here”.
“Sehun. Nice to meet you”
“Eun Joon. Nice to meet you too”
“So uhm…here’s your schedule” he gave me back to me.
“Oh, kamsahmnida”
“I saw we have most of the classes together”
“Really?” I said in a high-pitched voice. I cleared my throat and repeated my question.
“Yeah, so I’ll see you around” he said turning back and giving me a shiny smile. I smiled back and kept looking at him. He turned back again and gave another smile. I smiled and lightly waved my hand.
 
“Oh ho!” Hye Sun exclaimed smiling.
“What?” I asked.
“Nothing”
“Whatever! Can you tell me more about him?”
“As he told you, that’s Sehun : he is my cousin and the second most popular guy in school, and a lot of girls refer to him as a ‘complete cutie’, but evidently nobody here is his type.” Hye Sun smirked
“Apart from you”
I looked at her. “What do you mean?” I questioned.
“He kept staring at you. He never stared at any girl like that before”
I smiled and we both went to class. I had Maths at first period, so I entered class but was a bit late since Hye Sun showed me around.
 
“So, this formula is for the Pythagoras the.. Hello Miss Lee!” the teacher said as soon as she saw me. “I am Mrs. Kim, your Maths teacher. Class this is Lee Eun Joon our new student. You can take a seat in the front of Mr. Huang.” Mrs. Kim said pointing to the guy I met outside of school. Not him again! “Hello pretty girl” he greeted. “I believe I told you not to ‘pretty girl’ me” I snapped back. “Tao don’t be rude, Eun Joon please sit down.” Mrs. Kim said.
 
Tao had been bothering me for the whole time! Thank Gods Maths was over! I would have enjoyed the lesson if Tao stopped throwing paper balls at me. I had English as next period. As I entered the classroom, Mr. Jang greeted me and introduced me to the class “Eun Joon, you may sit next to Sehun” I looked to the class and Sehun was giving me a wide smile, so I went to the end of the classroom and sat next to him. “Hey” he greeted “I told you we had some classes together, so how was Maths?” he asked. “I would have enjoyed it if Tao didn’t keep throwing paper balls at me” I said. “He did that? Follow my advice, stay away from him. He’s the school bully and he thinks he can do anything he wants just because his uncle is the principal” Sehun said. “I agree, but are you just saying this because your number 2?” I asked with a smirk. “It’s possible” he answered smiling. Mr. Jang started the lesson on Essay Writing and we talked a bit and listened to the lesson. I felt Sehun’s eyes on me for the entire lesson. I turned around a couple of times, and he didn’t bother turning his head, he just kept looking at me.