Bullet

Spy

(A/N: Once again, a big thank you to all of my supporters. You guys rock. :))


What exactly had Woo Young done in his past life for his subconscious to blurt that?

"The discussion isn't necessary. We'll act right here and now."

Woo Young mentally grimaced, wishing he could reverse time. He could feel Ji Eun's disbelieving gaze bore into him like a laser beam.

The female judge raised her eyebrows; then shrugged. "If you are confident, you may begin," she said.

For one second, everything was still. Woo Young's heartbeat roared in his ears: He could barely hear Ji Eun's rapid breathing. He'd never been telepathic, but he was sure he could read her mind at that moment: WHAT THE [censored] ARE YOU THINKING?!

The silence lasted one painful moment. Two.

Then Ji Eun reached for the back pocket of her jeans, twirled a gun between her fingers, pulled back the hammer, and aimed it straight at his forehead.


The judges leapt to their feet in a clattering of chairs and gasping of breaths; then they realized that this was probably a maneuver of Ji Eun's to prompt Woo Young.

Who regained his senses much faster than Ji Eun expected.

He slowly raised his two hands in the air: They weren't shaking. "Ji Eun. Calm down," he said, his tone forcefully smooth.

"Don't come any closer!" Ji Eun cried. The panic in her voice was natural; it was easy to play off Woo Young, who had a very genuine style of acting.

"Let's just calm down and talk, okay?" Woo Young said. He stepped forward. "You're not helping anyone by doing this."

"I said, don't come any closer!" Ji Eun made her hands shake.

Woo Young stepped forward again. "Ji Eun. I know why you're doing this. It's okay. You are your dad's daughter, not his slave."

There and then, Ji Eun almost dropped the gun.

He knows?


Woo Young saw Ji Eun's eyes widen in shock. It was so natural that, if he hadn't known they were acting, he would've instantly run a background check on her dad.

He threw her a look that said, Just go along with the situation. "No one needs to get hurt."

"I trusted you," Ji Eun said, her voice shaking. "I trusted you to take care of my secret. I trusted you, and look what happened to me!" 

What is she talking about?

"Ji Eun, I'm sorry."

"If you're sorry, take back all the times you opened the door for me. Take back all those times you told me you missed me, wanted to see me. Take back that time... where you said you liked me. So that I can forget you completely." Ji Eun's hand clenched on the trigger. 

She's not actually going to shoot me, is she?

"I don't know what you're talking about," Woo Young said dumbly.

Ji Eun closed her eyes. "It's been my mission from the beginning to kill you."


Woo Young stepped forward. "Look, Ji Eun. I know you're under a lot of stress right now, but—"

"Stop treating me like a little girl who needs therapy!" Ji Eun said sharply. "When are you going to look at me like a woman?"

Something strange flickered in Woo Young's gaze. "You really have no idea?"

Ji Eun faltered.

"Don't you know how much you mean to me?" Woo Young stepped forward. "I've been wanting forever to... to be with you." He stepped forward again; the intensity in his eyes almost made Ji Eun shiver. "I've been wanting forever to say..." Step. Step. "...I love you."

Ji Eun's eyes widened.


He was only four feet away. He never took the time to realize how two strands of hair framed Ji Eun's face perfectly, nor how her natural blush beautified her far more than any makeup could: She was gorgeous, and he was almost tongue-tied at seeing the celebrity he had idolized for so long right in front of him.

"W-Woo Young," she whispered. His name sounded strangely alluring coming from her lips, the lips that looked so soft and inviting...

Stop it! Get your mind out of there!


Woo Young stepped forward.

"Please, Woo Young!" Ji Eun begged. "If you step forward again, I may have to fire..."

"You won't," Woo Young said. "I know you. You won't."

Ji Eun's eyes flickered behind him; she widened her eyes. Thinking someone was behind him, Woo Young began to turn.

Ji Eun pulled the trigger.


(A/N: So I've started another story... which means there'll probably be more wait time for next chapter. >.< sorry!!)

Chapter 7 Preview:

"It wasn't you who fired the bullet," he said, tracing the apples of her cheeks with his fingers: The action made her heart flip in her chest. "It was your dad... wasn't it? He was behind me, wasn't he? You... you just had a blank."

"No, Woo Young," Ji Eun said; she felt tears in . "I didn't have a blank. I shot you. I'm a murderer."

"You liar." Woo Young managed a painful smile. "You never would kill me." His eyelids fluttered shut.

"Woo Young. Woo Young, open your eyes. Woo Young!"

(Estimated release date: July 21)