Connection

Spy

(A/N: Another installment. Enjoy. :))


There was a girl in Woo Young's room.

A girl.

In Woo Young's room.

Why did Woo Young have a girl in his room?!

This unexplained phenomenon shocked Woo Young's father greatly; he could do no more than stare at this pretty little creature who was looking about his son's room as if it were the most fascinating thing she'd ever seen in her life.

"This is the closet," Woo Young was saying. "Once, Sun Woo and I locked a girl inside so that our parents wouldn't know she was here. We... er, forgot to open it again." He scratched the back of his head with the tips of his fingers. "Since that time, Mom and Dad have always checked our closet."

The girl laughed. It wasn't forced, nor too feminine, nor ugly; it was a genuine laugh that radiated a natural sort of prettiness.

"Woo Young Jang!"

The father expected Woo Young to whip around, shove the girl behind his back, and say, "There's absolutely no one besides Sun Woo and I in this room!" as he had countless times before, but he only turned easily with a smile. "Yeah, Dad?"

The father was flabbergasted. "What?"

Woo Young's face split into a grin. "I thought I was asking you that?"

The father struggled to regain his senses. "Ahh. Yes. Er. What I was going to say... um... was... er... oh! Woo Young Jang! Why on earth do you have a girl in your room?! Why didn't she come through the front door?"

Woo Young blinked. "She did. You didn't see her?"

"What?" The girl had come through the front door?

"She's also auditioning for the Dream High drama." Woo Young lowered his voice. "I invited her over because Sun Woo actually has a crush on her."

"Y-ya!" Sun Woo yelped.

"I decided to give her a tour of the house," Woo Young continued. "Frankly, I'm surprised we didn't run into you earlier."

The father was speechless.

"Good afternoon, sir," the girl said, bowing low. "My name is Ji Eun. It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance."

She didn't climb through the window to stalk Woo Young?

"G-g-good afternoon," the father managed. The blood! Ask about the blood. "Woo Young Jang, why is there blood in the basement?" he demanded. "It wasn't here yesterday."

"Oh. That." Woo Young glanced at Ji Eun. "Uh... Ji Eun-sshi?"

Ji Eun bowed again. "I am very sorry, sir. It is fake blood for my, um, summer film project. I accidentally spilled a bit on the ground. I will clean it up very soon."

"O-oh. No need for that. We can have the maid do it." The father glanced at Woo Young. "Well... er... maybe I should leave you to your... um... tour?"

"That'd be nice," Woo Young said.

And with a last wink at Sun Woo, the father swept from the room.


"Wow," Woo Young said. "You're brilliant."

"You did most of the acting," Ji Eun pointed out. "I think you'll get the role in the drama."

"You came up with the idea," Woo Young countered. "I would've just tried to hide you."

"I did hide," Ji Eun replied. "I hid right in plain sight. No one will look there."

Woo Young's brow furrowed, but he remained silent.

"At any rate, I should go," Ji Eun said. "Thank you so much for healing me. Your favor will not go unpaid." She smiled. "If you're ever in trouble, call for this favor."

"You're leaving?" Sun Woo said incredulously. "You haven't even rested! You might faint!"

"I have to go before they—" Ji Eun gasped.

Woo Young rushed beside her. "What is it? Are you okay?"

Ji Eun ripped the sleep of her hoodie above her elbow; a sleek watch winked at Woo Young around her slender wrist. "No," she whispered. "I can't believe I was so careless!"

"What's wrong?" Sun Woo asked.

Ji Eun's gaze whipped between Woo Young and Sun Woo. "I'm really, really sorry."

Woo Young placed a hand on her shoulder "Ji Eun—"

Ji Eun lowered her sleeve. "Nothing." She glanced at the clock. "I really have to go. Now."

"You haven't fully recovered, Ji Eun!" Woo Young said. "You could faint if you leave now! If you're late for something, why don't you just cancel? Or postpone it?"

"And you haven't told us anything yet!" Sun Woo added. "Couldn't we at least know how you got into our basement in the first place? And why you were bleeding? Why don't you just stay with us?"

Ji Eun grimaced. They've seen far too much. "Please," she said quietly, placing her palms together. "Please, for now, don't ask me any questions. I don't want to freak you guys out, but you're in a lot of danger right now... and if you keep helping me, you'll get into more danger. The moment I leave this house, forget that I ever came... because you didn't meet me as Ji Eun, but IU."

Woo Young and Sun Woo stared at each other in confusion. "IU?" they repeated.

Ji Eun yanked her watch off. "Thank you for all the kindness you have shown me," she said. "I hope you won't suffer for it."

She opened the window and dropped on the roof like a panther. Pain snapped through her right calf; she teetered precariously on her other leg, surprised at the sudden attack.

"Ji Eun-sshi, please wait!" Woo Young called. "What did you mean by all that? Danger? Forget you? Who's IU?"

Ji Eun glanced over her shoulder. "I hope we get to work together in the future," she said quietly.

She tumbled off the roof to the yard below.


(A/N: Hm. What is it with Ji Eun and falling off buildings? Anyway... I apologize that this chapter was kinda clumsy, but I hope you still enjoy it. Actual Dream High production is coming very shortly! :))

Chapter 4 Preview:

"I'll get rid of my conscience!" IU gasped. "I'll do everything you want me to. Just leave them alone..."

The Director's eyes narrowed. "You'll do everything I want?" he repeated.

IU sat up. "Yes," she said. "I'll steal money. I'll break into cars. I'll become coldhearted."

"You'll even kill?" the Director asked.

IU swallowed. "Yes," she said.

(Estimated release date: July 14)