1

Language

YOU. Not a korean citizen. You are living in your country with full of hope that one day you will visit your dream country. Korea. you start to having a dream to go to korea since you are into korean drama and korean song. you are not really care what will people say and people think about you. its not like they know what you like. some people called you K-Pop obsess and Korean maniac. but why should you care if that is really your interest right? so with that thought you slowly learning korean culture and Language.

You are now in University level. A level you meet more mature younger person and childish elder person. A place where weird, funny, stressful, sinful, and a place where people change in a blink of eyes. You are just a regular girl who walks into University life who are Zero knowledge about how bad the culture shock can effect you. how big the risk you take when you start to get over confident or being too humble. But as what your parent always thought you, ' Don't be choosy in picking up friend but just be who you are" you stick to that quotes who make you stand on who you really are until now. 

You are now in the second year of you study. Which mean you are in Junior-Senior Year. at this year, you heard that there will be an exchange student at your campus. Two of them. and the most interesting news is they are from South Korea. you are somehow excited but at the same time, you don't really care about them. But! All of your friends know that you are obsess with everything about Korea. just ask you anything. you will answer it straight away without having to open any books or google. hey! what's wrong with that? Knowledge is wide right. 

When the Two of the exchange Student arrived, one of your friend runs to you and tell you that they will be stay at hostel which is just next to your room. Your excitement is reaching up. A few hours later, they arrived and you help the fellow to show them their room. while you are in the lift, you have some conversation with them. you want to speak in korean but thinking it was too early, so you just speak simple english with them. after sending them to their room you exchange phone number with them and tell them that you will be at your room if there is anything they need. you ask their name, they are Kim Min Soo and the other one is Choi Ha Rim. and with that you start to be friend with them..

The next day at Campus.

Sara: hey friend! already meet your korean friend?

You: yeah..Min Soo and Ha Rim.

Nana: woah..so..how are they?

You: well.. okay for now..i guess..

Asya: good for you. having a korean friend. its like dream come true isn't it? hahah

You: well.. sort of.. i like it. but i don't know if it will go well on me. there is more people in this campus who like Kpop and what so ever. they might be friend with everyone you know.

Sara: but i believe that you will be their best friend! wanna put a bet? ahaha

Nana: i'll join! ahahahah

You: oh just shut up. it wont happened okay. i know how to differentiate reality and fantasy..

Sara: you do?

Asya: i thought it was all fantasy in you..hahaha

You: gosh! mind your words okay! ahahaha

Nana: seeing you writing so many fiction..isnt it the fantasy of yours?

You: oh! talking of fiction! i thing i will stop writing it. im tired thou..

Asya: can you live without it?

Sara: i think you will die if you stop writing. 

You: omooo! you guys so understanding friends! this is why i love you guys! hahaha

Nana: lets go. we are late..

All: lets go!

In the class

you are sitting in front line with nana, Sara and Asya. one by one student enter the classroom and take their seat. the class getting noiser as student come. and suddenly the class is silent. so silent! and everyone staring at the door. You who are taking a nap feel weird and lift up your head and look at the door. and..

Ha Rim: ____ !

You: huh?

Min Soo: [sit beside you] thank god you are here.. we are lost.

Ha Rim: [sit at another side beside you] can we sit here?

You: [blank]

Min Soo: no?

You: no no no...just sit.. just sit...

Both of them: thank you....

And at that moment you are very sure. without even look back. you are very very sure with all your heart that everyone in the class is staring at you. and you feel the tense between you and the classmates. so you gather all you courage and look at your back. you saw some of them whispering at each other. some of them is making some annoyance face. some of them just did not care. so you introduce the girls to Sara, Nana and Asya. and again suddenly the class is silent again. you look at the netrance and this time you shock your self. you seems like seeing an angle. the girls in the classroom start to whisper once again..

[in korean]

HR: Oppa! Jinho oppa..here..sit here.. 

JH: oh.. you early.. [sit beside you]

HR: yeah.. oppa, this is ____. 

JH: [look at you and smile] hello.. [in english]

You: hi........[cant take your eyes over him]

JH: i like your eyes.. [smile]

You: huh?? [blank]

teacher enter the classroom and the class is begin... after three hours the class is finished. you and friends is streching out muscles. so do the exchange student.

Teacher: oh.. is my class tiring?

You: oh..no! never.. hehehhe

Teacher. haha.. funny you.. so i guess we'll see next week.. thank you guys. [leaving the classroom]

You: thank you madam...warghhh~~ im so sleepy..

JH: what time you sleep lastnight?

You: erm..around 1...2...i dont know.. [packing up your things] girls.. where are we going?

Sara: i don't know..

Asya: wanna hang out with them? [the exchange student]

HR: i would love too..

MS: me too..oppa?

JH: sure. [smile]

You: ASSA!!! [loud] eh.. hehehe[ blush]

JH: hoho..can you speak korean?

You: just a lil.. hehehe.

JH: good. so, where are we going?

Sara: but guys! im sorry..i can't go..

You: why?

Sara: Daniel....

Asya,Nana, You: FINEE~~~~

Sara: hehehe..sorry guys.. see you later bye. muah muah muah.. [running out from the class]

HR: daniel?

Asya: her Boyfriend..

HR: oh...

You: so lets go!

all: lets go!

All of you is heading to a famous park in your country. the is a Lake and a big fountain. all of you taking pictures and having some chats. knowing each other. you are really having fun with them but sometime you have some feeling that Jinho Oppa is always take chance to look at you into the eyes. which make you a lil bit uncomfortable. but all of you are having fun that day and you don't have time to think anything. and this is how you being friend with all the korean exchange student at your campus.

3 months had past. You and Jinho oppa getting closer without knowing. some people said you are dating him but you denied it. Jinho oppa just say nothing. you are a dancer for your University. so in weekend you always go practice at campus. one day, Jinho oppa ask you wether he can follow you to the dance practice or not. you said okay. and both of you go together. when both of you arrived there is so many eyes on both of you. you quickly go to Nana who is waiting for you.

You: can you sit with oppa for a while? i want to go to the toilet.

Nana: sure.

JH: oddiga?

You: Huajangshil. [leaving]

JH; oh. ok.

Nana: oppa. sit here..

JH: [sit beside nana]

Nana: oppa, can i ask you something?

JH: sure..

Nana: you like ____?

JH: [just smile]

Nana: hoo...why with that smile?

JH: can i tell you this?

Nana: if you want to..

JH: actually..._____...looks like my sister..but she died 2 years ago..due to heart cancer. whenever i saw ____, i feel like i look at my sister. i miss her. so much. i just can't help my self from looking at her..

Nana: [shock] oh..im sorry oppa..

JH: its okay..you know what, ____ have so much similarities with my sister. my sister, JiHun, love to dance, and she always dream to go travel outside korea but she just don't make it..

Nana: oppa...im sorry to hear that..

JH: nana...

Nana: yes?

JH: if i ask ____ to go to Korea..do you think she want?

Nana: of course! she crazy about Korea you know!

JH: really?

You: yah! what are you guys talking about? saying bad things about me huh?

Nana: hoi! you shocked me! [in your language]

You: hahahah. sorry then. 

JH: hey nana..

Nana: yes?

JH: keep it as our secret okay? [smile]

Nana: got it! hehehe..

You: hurm? what secret?

JH: oh! oppa paeguppa..bang mogja!

You: ahh! tell me first!

JH: later. lets go!

You: ah oppa!!!

JH: lets gooo~~~ [pull you hand]

Nana: bye.. dont be late! you have another 1 hour..

You: okay!

Both of you sit at the stall in front of your campus. Jinho start the conversation.. [in korean]

JH: ____-ah..

You: hmm?

JH: do you want to go to korea?

You: yes! but i don't have enough money..living expenses also expensive..

JH: if oppa treat you..will you follow me back to korea?

You: oppa.. are you crazy? why would you do that?

JH: just...i want to fulfill your wish..

You: ahaha. its okay oppa. later when i have my own money and my own job, i will go there myself. and i will look for you! i promise! [smile]

JH: but i really want you to come with me to korea after i end my exchange.

You: no oppa. my parent wont let me. except i am offered as exchange student.

JH: oh! did you apply??

You: yeah.. but it wait for my result this semester.

JH: ____-ah...

You: yes?

JH: i really wish you can come to korea.. i want to show you to my parent.

You: [chocked!] 

JH; are you okay?

You: [look at him] oppa....don't say...

JH: what? [blank]

You: oppa...like me?

JH: [burst out laugh] ahahaha.. aishhh... this lil girl.. eat up. you gonna be late.

You: [look at the time] OMO!! another 10 minutes! [quickly eat]

THAT NIGHT

You are in conversation with Nana through Kakao Talk. [in your language]

You: nana, do you have something to tell me?

Nana: no.. why?

You: you sure?

Nana: yeah..

You: you are sure? so sure?

Nana: yeah..why?

You: you sure to death?

Nana: YAH!!! what is wrong with you!?

You: no.. nevermind..its okay nana..

Nana: what is wrong with you?

You: its okay nana..i won't force you.. its okay.. this is what friends are suppose to be..

Nana: yah! fine i tell you!

You: its okay..keep it yourself..

Nana: friend! dont be like this..okay okay.. i tell you...

You: [not replying]

Nana: oppa...

You: [not replying]

Nana: said you look like his sister. but his sister is dead. heart cancer. that is why he always stick with you. he said he always think about her sister whenever he saw you.. that's all. 

You: [not replying]

Nana: heish~ he told me to keep it as a secret. now i feel guilty..

You: thank nana. see you tomorrow.

Nana: that's all?

You: [off your handphone] oppa...

you can't sleep that night. you keep thinking what is actually Nana said to you. is it true? just because you look like his sister he became close to you. hey come on. no lies. you already keep a heart feeling towards him. and this is you got? just a love towards sister? like seriously? slowly, without realise, your tears start to falls. you wipe the first drop and again it flows. you wipe it again but the flows slowly get faster and you cry in the middle of the night hugging your knee.

The next day

JH: ____-ah!

You: [keep walking]

JH: ____-ah! im calling you. dont you hear? [pull you hand]

You: [face him]

JH: [shock] ___-ah...are you...crying?

You: let me go. [pull your hand and walk again]

JH: yah! what is wrong with you?

You: [went inside the toilet]

JH: yah..what is wrong with her?

Nana: [came out from toilet] oh.oppa...

JH: nana..what is wrong with ____?

Nana: ermm...ummm..

JH: why with erm and umm?

Nana: can we talk oppa?

JH: sure.

At library

nana: oppa...im sorry..

JH: why?

Nana: i...i..

JH: tell _____ about my sister?

Nana: y..ye..yes...

JH: hurmm.. [sigh] ok..

Nana: im sorry oppa..i did not mean to but she...

JH: its okay,..

Nana: im sorry..

JH: well..things happened. what can we do..hmmm.. i have class.. see you later nana..

Nana: okay oppa. take care..

Tha whole day, you did not talk to Jinho even he try to talk to you. you just stick with the girls and ignoring him as long as you can. that evening, you have dance practice but you have to go alone because Nana had something with her family. so you go to campus by walking. that evening, you feel weird and restless. since you are alone, you feel a lil bit unsecure. suddenly, there is a motorbike from your back and the man who ride the motorbike snatch your bag while riding and you fall down at the middle of the road and a car come towards you. you want to get up but you sprain your ankle. the car is getting closer and you just cover yourself. in a blink of eyes you being pull by someone top the side road and you are in that someone hug. you cry because you are to scared. and also because your ankle is hurt.

JH: are you okay?

You: [crying]

JH: are you okay? you hurt anywhere?

You: [just cry]

JH: oh my god... [hug you] thank god you are safe..

You: [cry in his hug] thank you....really....thank you.... [cry hard]

Jinho bring you to the nearest bus stop. he touch your sprain ankle and you shout. he look at you. you try to avoid the eye contact. 

JH: wait here. i buy some bandage.

You: you don't have to. i can walk my self.

JH: neol jjeongmal waeire?

You: none of your business. [try to stand]

JH: [stop you from standing] listen to oppa. just wait here.

You: don't worry about me. [start to get upset]

JH: how can im not? you are injured!

You: hey! i don't ask for this. but its okay. i can take care of myself! its not like im your lover or whatever!

JH: look! i don't know why are you being so cold to me if it was because what Nana told you. i dont think you should be this angry.

You: [stare at him] whatever! [stand up]

JH: [pull your hand] yah! what is it you so angry about?!

You; are you acting stupid or you really stupid?

JH: [shock] what?

You: why do you think im with you all the time? why do you think i tell you everything about me? why do you think i will not be angry when i know that i just a sister to you? why do you think the reason is oppa?! tell me!

JH: [startled] neol..solma...

You: ne! i like you pabo yah! i like you since the first time i saw you! i like you! and im starting to love you! and tell me why should i be cool when im just a sister to you! tell me!

JH: but....

You: i know oppa.. i know.. you just see me as your sister. but i am not seeing as my brother. and its hurt oppa. its hurt so much. i never thought that i will like you but i just did! and now please. dont give me any hope or whatever. i hate it...

JH: but i like you too..

You: stop it oppa.

JH: i like you.. and i think i love you too.

You: why?

JH: because you look alike. this is why i love you.

You: Don't look at me as how you saw her! look at me as who i am! i hate you oppa! really! 

 At the same time the bus arrive and you step in the bus and now you realize that you don't have any money because you just be snatched. suddenly Jinho step behind you and pay for the bus fair for you.

JH: take this. buy some medicine. treat yourself well.. [put money in your pocket and leave the bus]

You take your seat as the bus is moving. slowly, your tears start to flow again.....

3 MONTHS LATER

Today, is the last day for the exchange student program to be in your campus. your relationship with Jinho still cold but since it was the last day for them, you pull away your ego and sent them to the airport. you cry so do Ha Rim and Min Soo. you hug each other. during the last 6 months, you have learn so many things and do many fun things with them. you feel so heavy in your heart to let them go. after say good bye to them, its only left Jinho. you walk slowly towards him and say goodbye. you didn't look at his face.

JH: you still hate me until now?

You: no..i don't hate you.. [start to cry]

JH: don't cry.. you look ugly.

You: oppa! [hit his arm]

JH: ahaha.. come here.. [open his arm for you]

You: no..

JH: [come towards you and hug you] thank you... thank you for everything.. [hug you tight]

You: [blush with his hug] you too oppa.. im sorry for everything..

JH: [break the hug] come to Korea.. i'll show you everything!

You: i wish i can oppa..

JH: i'll be waiting. [smile]

You: [blush] thank you for the words..

JH: it not a false words okay. and who is the band that you like? BAP? i'll bring you to them when you get there.

You: eeeeiiii...liar...who are you to bring me to see them..

JH: keep my words okay.. i have to go now. see you. thank you. i love you.. [hug you and kiss your forehead] im gonna miss you. so much!

You: [start to cry and hug him back] thank you oppa. thank you so muchh..i really sorry for everything.. i never should treat you like before. im sorry and thank you oppa...

JH: yeah. me too...[break the hug] don't cry.. just believe me that we will meet again. trust me okay. and you will be who is that guy again? Bang..yongguk? yeah. that guy.. i'll make sure that you will be by his side once you reach Korea. [smile and wipe your tears]

and with those hope and words. HaRim, MinSoo and Jinho went back to Korea leaving a great memories to you and friends. deep in your heart, you keep those words from Jinho even you know that it will never be happen..

ONE YEAR HAD PAST

You are now in your final year at your University. Before you enter the new semester, you got a letter from your university which make you scream like crazy. make you jumping no stop. make you burst out happy tears. make your parent worried about you. make your friends jelous with your happiness. what sis you get? An offer letter that you had been wait whole your life. Offer to study abroad as Exchange Student at KOREA! Seoul University. but before you go you have to sit for preparation for 6 month which means you have another one semester to get ready to go to Korea.

Time seems slower than before. clock seems not moving. days seem long. night seems dark. everything you did make you feel nervous. you really wait patiently to go to Korea. you learn korean language and how to write in korean character (hangul) as the preparation. in 6 months time. you feel excited, happy, frustrated, giving up. all feeling that can stop you and all feeling that make you stronger. you motivate yourself and remember every sinle lesson that the teacher teached you. 

After 6 moths, you past all your tests and now you are ready to go to Korea. Seoul University had been wait for you. you and another 3 student who also get offer to go to the same university is excited but at the same time you are feeling sad. leaving your mother land and your family and you friends... at the airport, all of your friends and family come to say goodbye to you. emotion mix. you cry hugging your parents and Nana, Asya, Sara crying hard as you never come back again.