Reasons to Punch a Squishy Mortal

Revenge Best Served Cold

  Hello. I see you’ve come to see whether I am indeed still alive and kicking or not, under the iron fist of a certain Mr. Squishy and his rule-breaking skills, and for the record, yes, I am indeed alive, since Mr. Squishy seems to need me for certain things. Whether I am kicking though, the answer would probably be no.

  After all, D.O does have a shock collar around my tail, thus I would deem it unwise to do any kicking or the sort.

  But once again, I digress.

  “So, who’s the lucky victim today?”

  D.O snorts, keeping his large eyes glued on the news programme that’s currently flashing on his impressive wide screen television, as if he’s actually interested in what a monotonous lady in a grey suit has to say.

  It’s a cover.

  “No rest for the wicked, huh?” Mr. Squishy flicks his wrist, and the television shuts off. “For your information, I don’t necessarily have to kill someone every single day.”

  “In my defence, what I’ve seen from the past week begs to differ.” I roll my eyes from my upside down position on Mr. Squishy’s couch, twirling my hair in tight curls around my index finger.

  It’s true. For the past week D.O’s been dragging his guard dog around the whole of Seoul, getting rid of the lucky victims that have made it on his ‘naughty’ list. As much as I dislike being ordered around -indeed, nobody enjoys being bossed around- life gets boring after 600 years of following tradition, and as such I’ve agreed to be a pawn in D.O’s little game.

  A rouge pawn, if you may.

  It’s bound to be an interesting game anyway; the tale of a little mortal trying to play God. That kind of stories never end well for those like D.O, not that I really give so much as a damn; after all, the sooner Mr. Squishy closes his eyes forever, the sooner I can rid myself of this stupid shock collar he has on me.

  The faster I can go back to working with clients again.

  To be entirely honest I’m not sure I want to. Why? Are you surprised? Acantha, the almighty Devil, wants to continue to be a certain squishy mortal’s guard dog and slave? Could it be that she’s fallen in love with said mortal?

  To both questions, I’d answer with a “hell no” and perhaps an additional hard slap in the face to get the point fully across. The correct statement would be to say I simply enjoy this unfamiliar arrangement due to the fact that it is, well, unfamiliar.

  Yes, I’m going off on a tangent.

  “We’re going out today,” Mr. Squishy states, getting up from the floor in front of me. “So I suggest you put on your pants, Acantha.”

  Did I mention I’m not wearing any pants at the moment?

  No? Oh well.

  Mr. Squishy didn’t seem to be bothered when I had stepped out of the bathroom a few days ago wearing only my undergarments and a shirt, thus I figured that my lack of pants wouldn’t matter much.

  What?

  For what reason are you judging me? I may inhabit the body of a human female, but I am still the Devil, and as such, there are other things that would be more of a bother to me than worrying about whether a human male sees me in my underwear or not. Besides, no one can see me unless I let them.

  “Where are we going then?” I get up, arching my back and pulling my arms over my head. “Or is the answer too secretive for you to tell me?”

  “I don’t give you vague answers because I like to keep secrets,” D.O crosses his arms as I pull on my only pair of shorts. “I just like to see you irritated.”

  Did I mention D.O here is also a sadist?

  With no offence intended, I thought it was obvious. For the whole of last week, Mr. Squishy had demanded I terminate his victims in the most sadistic ways possible. As much as I would like to state examples of the things he’s had me do, I resist for the sake of the younger audiences.

  Generous, no?

  “Why thank you for having a good laugh at my expense.”

  “Anytime.”

A

  “No.”

  “Too late, I already did.”

  “I believe this is where I punch you so hard in the face you bleed out and die.”

  “I’d like to see you try.”

  Snarling, I lunge at my mortal enemy. To heck if it’s a stupid move- I won’t rest until I see to it that that smart little smirk is wiped off his face forever.

  How dare he.

  Unfamiliar electricity drops me to one knee and a hiss escapes my clenched teeth; unfamiliar in the case that my mortal enemy hadn’t needed to use the shock collar since the day we first met. I’d be lying if I said that didn’t hurt, but part of me still longs to rip D.O’s throat out. Who does this human think he is?

  What did D.O do to me to provoke me you ask?

  He enrolled me into a high school.

  High. School.

  I may be the Devil, but even so I have been known to show sympathy, and I certainly feel such an emotion towards those poor human children who are required to attend the horror that is known as ‘school’. After all, the only difference between school and torture is simply that the latter is illegal.

  Indeed, it is a thin line.

  Returning back to the matter at hand though, my mortal enemy ignores the whispers claiming he is insane for talking to himself and offers a hand to me, as if he hasn’t just shocked me with red-hot electricity.

  As if he cares about being gentlemanly.

  Any sane person would reject the offer, and since I pride myself with being a rather logical person, I slap D.O’s hand away with a scowl, choosing instead to stand up myself. Both of us know just as well I am no weak, defenceless little human girl.

  “To heck with you and your stupid petty revenge,” I spit venomously. “I’ve tolerated your little game long enough; high school is where I draw the line, Mr. I-do-what-I-want. I’m not a pathetic human like you, I’m the Devil.”

  “Oh?” D.O slides dangerously close to me, thumb hovering over the remote that I will curse for eternity, just like how I curse at its rue-breaking ruler. “You have two options here, Acantha. A, you listen to me and you won’t get hurt. B, you fight me, and since I know all your weaknesses, I win, and by that time you’ll be willing to do whatever I say.”

  I bite my tongue so hard it might bleed. He’s dangerous, I’ll admit, and I don’t know what other tricks he has up his sleeve.

  I may love a challenge now and then, but I’m not shallow. We, as Devils, only stay alive long enough by being cautious. Life is a game, and the only way to play is to play smart; one wrong move and it’s over.

  One pawn wrongly shifted and the Queen falls, following in her father’s footsteps.

  “I’ll do it.”

  “Good,” D.O slides the remote into his pocket and begins walking away from Seoul High, small smile gracing his lips. “It makes things easier for the both of us.”

  Mr. Rulebreaker may think he’s won this round, and in truth maybe he has, but I’m only gathering ammunition for the finale, and when the show does come to the end it won’t be easy for D.O at all. Oh no.

  After all, no rest for the wicked, right?  

 

 

A relatively short chapter for you guise, thus I promise not to take another month for the next update. Although once next year starts I won't gurantee anything ugh o levels guise otl because my major exams are next year and just ugh. why? its not like im gonna do anything studies related

back to rbsc though, keke why do you guise think squishy wants acantha to enrol in high school (rmb her physical form is that of a sixteen yo girl's)? muahaha I know but I'm not telling ya~ although I can tell you the breakfast food and the dog lover will be appearing soon hinthint and tbh I at naming chappies yeah you can probs tell huhu

yeah, so lastly, I just wanted to say how much I love yall because no matter how many time's I say it, it still won't be enough, so do leave a comment or an opinion or you can tumblr me (refer to blog for links) if you wanna talk to me and yeah, I love you~

Charismahamsterjjang OUT