Yellow Acacia [CHANJI]

The Language of Flowers [REQUESTS CLOSED]

For baekyeolji

Yellow Acacia

The moment that Chanyeol pressed 'confirm details', he regretted it. He used his arms to push himself away from the computer screen and into the front of the smiling guy who had gotten him into this mess in the first place.

That guy was his best friend Jongin, who patted him sincerely on the back as if he was congratulating him.

"You did it!"

"No, you made me do it!"

"Well, it didn't take that long for you to give in..."

When Chanyeol scowled at him, Jongin couldn't help but laugh.

"Relax. You need this. What did you write on your profile?"

Jongin led the way towards the computer and browsed through the details that his best buddy had given to the world wide web.

Name: Park Chanyeol
Age: 21
Hometown: Seoul
Blood Type: A

Height: 184cm

Chinese Zodiac: Monkey

Western Zodiac: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Dancing, rapping, singing, comics, sleeping, Michael Jackson, dogs
Short personal biography: I'm the good guy, but I look cool when I perform!

"What's with this?"

"What's wrong with it?"

"This doesn't sound like you? In fact, it sounds a lot like it’s about me, just with your name attached to it"

Chanyeol made a face and began to walk away but Jongin pulled him back.

"Don't flatter yourself..."

"Seriously..."

"I might have embellished the details...you're a lot cooler than me...that's how you met Naeun"

"Don't do that! Remember why we're doing this in the first place..."

"Because I need to find a girl that likes me for me, because when they see me, and then see that you're my wingman they all seem to flock to you even thought you're taken?"

"Exactly...slight exaggerated but...the point is, Chanyeol-ie...were going to get you a girlfriend...but first, we need to change this..."

"What if you write my profile for me? That way, they can see me as how you would see me instead of how I feel about myself..."

"Okay"

Jongin clapped his hands together and stretches his fingers and hands as if he were about to play the piano.

Name: Park Chanyeol
Age: 21
Hometown: Seoul
Blood Type: A

Height: 185cm

Chinese Zodiac: Monkey

Western Zodiac: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Rapping, singing, drums, guitar, bass, djembe, beatbox, movies, being happy and smiling

Short Personal Biography: I'm playful, but fiercely loyal. I'm the good guy. I love hats. Beanies, caps, party hats? Did I tell you that I joke around a lot? I just like listening to good music, and relieve stress by turning it up really loud and singing.

"This sounds more like you!"

"I approve!"

Chanyeol gave the thumbs up, and the two went and had lunch together. However, Jongin had a date with Naeun, and had to leave.

"Don't be paranoid. Do some other stuff and don't stay by the computer. I'll call you later and then we can check together..."

"Ok. Ok. Go! Before Naeun gets mad that you're late again!"

Chanyeol practically pushed him out the door, and then the apartment was filled with silence. Chanyeol glanced at the black computer screen like a student checked the clock during his least liked class. After an hour of holding it in, and tapping his foot, and pacing back and forth, Chanyeol gave in and propped himself up on his bed and switched on his laptop.

He logged into his account closed his eyes and took in a deep breath before taking a peek, like he was watching a horror movie.

You have 8 matches.

He let out his breath, overjoyed.

He clicked on the first profile.

Name: Jung Eunji
Age: 20
Hometown: Busan
Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, Music, Acting, Singing
Dream: Vocal Coach
Short Personal Biography: I have an outgoing and sociable personality. Some may even call me a 'Happy Virus'. I also have a forward personality. I love to sing, and I love to help other people. I like having a good time and trying new things. 

He looked at her picture and clapped his hands. She was the one. He decided that he needed to reply to her, but he couldn't think of what to write. He typed the first thing that popped into his head, but regretted it immediately when he hit 'send'

"Do you want to make music together?"

Crap! That sounds so creepy...I have to write something else.

"Let's play together..."

Gosh! What's wrong with me?

"Ummm...sorry about the other messages...I just want to say that..."

Wait! There's a character limit on the text?

"Sorry there was a character limit and I didn't know...i wante..."

Dammit!

"I approve our match!"

There! Oh gosh! Now I sound like an automated machine!

"I just want to let you know that I accept."

There. That seems normal enough. Now all I have to do it wait.

Chanyeol fell asleep, soon after.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other side of the city, Jongin had met up with Naeun, and Eunji. Eunji had confessed to Naeun that she liked this guy busking at the front of her school and Naeun recognized it to be Chanyeol. With her boyfriend's approval, they planned to set them up, and the only way was through online dating, since Chanyeol was so stubborn and adamant that he didn't want Jongin to be his wingman and set him on blind dates since they always liked him in the end.

When they has found Chanyeol's profile, Eunji immediately replied. Why they weren't expecting was that Chanyeol would reply back to them within the hour.

"Jongin! Naeun! Look! He's sending me messages!"

"Do you want to make music together?"

Could he have said anything creepier?

"Let's play together..."

What are you doing Chanyeol? 

"Ummm...sorry about the other messages...I just want to say that..."

He didn't finish what he wanted I say...hahaha...that is so like him.

"Sorry there was a character limit and I didn't know...i wante..."

OMG! He's adorable

"I approve our match!"

I think he's frustrated now...

"I just want to let you know that I accept."

I think we should put him out of his misery...

"Hi, Chanyeol! I think you're cute. Do you want to meet up?"

However, Chanyeol was too far gone in dreamland to notice the new notification.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The guys not answering..."

"Maybe we should just surprise him?"

"How?"

"Weren't you going to go see him later anyway?"

"Yeah?"

"Instead of you turning up, let's just let Eunji go..."

"As expected! Naeun is a genius!"

"Eunji-yah! Plan's all good?"

"Call!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chanyeol answered the door in his pyjamas and wearing a fluffy hat. His eyes went wide when he saw the girl standing in front of him.

"Hi, Chanyeol. My name is Eunji..."

Chanyeol reached up to pinch her cheeks to make sure that she was real.

"You're awake!"

"How did you know where I lived?"

Eunji pushed the door open further to reveal Jonging and Naeun outside.

"Surprise!"

"You knew about this?"

"Yup. She was the girl we originally ah set you up with..."

Chanyeol welcomed Eunji inside and the closed the door. Both had wide smiles plastered on their faces.

"You two can go home. I've got it from here..."