Darling's Phone Call

A Call From Me 2 U

KyuHyun's ringtone started to play for the ninth time that day. He groaned in frustration as he picked up the call.

"Kyu---" The voice started to speak.

"CAN YOU PEOPLE STOP CALLING ME?!" KyuHyun screamed through the phone and hung up. Currently, KyuHyun is in Japan, promoting alongside his bandmates YeSung and RyeoWook. Watching the two lovebirds being lovey-dovey everyday is tiring enough, but his stress level skyrocketed as the rest of his bandmates keep calling him. They might've found it amusing, but to KyuHyun, it was a pain in the neck.


On the first night SuJu K.R.Y landed in China, DongHae started to pester KyuHyun with thousands of phone calls, complaining that EunHyuk is ignoring him, as usual.

"Tell me...Why must you complain to me?!" KyuHyun tried to keep his voice level. He was talking to his hyung afterall.

"B-because Hyukkie is ignoring me, and YeSung and Wookie aren't answering my calls at all!" DongHae whined. KyuHyun tried his best to suppress his frustration.

"Hyung, what about the other SuJu members? Aren't they in the dorm?" KyuHyun asked while gritting his teeth.

"Everyone's out! Hyukkie is ignoring me for some videos, SungMin is fast asleep, the KangTeuk and HanChul couple is nowhere to be found, ShinDong---"

"AISH! I GOT IT, I GOT IT!" KyuHyun shouted. He smiled when DongHae mentioned SungMin, but he immediately frowned when his hyung mentioned the couples. He did NOT want to be reminded of what those couples do when they are together.  "Hyung, look. Why don't you just go to sleep?"

"Y-You mean you don't wanna talk to me? *Sniff*" Oh god. DongHae is crying. KyuHyun massaged his temple.

KyuHyun decided to analyze his current situation again. Next to his bed are two hotel beds, but only one of them is occupied. The YeWook couple were cuddling all the way to dreamland. And here he was, trying to keep his anger in as DongHae intereferred him in the middle of an awesome game. "Hyung, it's not that I don't want to hear you rant, but I'm sleepy and I need my beauty sleep," KyuHyun lied.

Fortunately, DongHae didn't seem to notice and after a few minutes, he decided to end the call. KyuHyun sighed as he continued with his game.


Back to where we were, KyuHyun is currently sitting inside a black van, on his way to his next concert venue. YeSung and RyeoWook were being lovey-dovey in the backseat again. Meanwhile, he started to revise back the lyrics to the song he was going to be singing.

It was a wonder, but his phone stopped ringing for the rest of the day.

Later that afternoon, the trio were told that they would be returning back to Korea the next morning, so they started to pack their belongings.


"YeSung! RyeoWook! KyuHyun!" LeeTeuk's voice was heard among the squealing of the fans. "Welcome home!" The rest of the SuJu members greeted. They hugged each other and with a line of bodyguards following them, they managed to get their luggages and reached their shared dorm safely. During the trip to the dorm, KyuHyun asked: "Where's SungMin hyung?"

It seemed like every SuJu member made it to the airport that morning, all except SungMin. As soon as KyuHyun's question was heard, the whole car turned quiet. The atmosphere seemed to tense all of a sudden. This left the members of SuJu K.R.Y confused.

"Um...KyuHyun, I think you might need to ask SungMin that yourself...We don't know what's wrong with him, but he rarely comes out from his room these days..." KyuHyun shared a look with YeSung and RyeoWook. He fished out his phone and called SungMin.

However, SungMin did not pick up his call. It was the first time that SungMin didn't answer his calls. Worried, KyuHyun could only pray that nothing has happened to his favourite hyung.


KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.

...

"SungMin hyung?"

...

"LeeTeuk hyung, are you sure SungMin hyung's inside?"

"Yes!" LeeTeuk's replied from the living room. Apparently, everyone except RyeoWook and KyuHyun forgot all about SungMin once they saw the food that was prepared to welcome them that day.

"Hyung?" RyeoWook shyly asked from behind KyuHyun.

Again, not a sound is heard.

"Do you think he's asleep?" KyuHyun asked RyeoWook, who was shaking like a leaf. RyeoWook could only shake his head. Everyone knew that SungMin was an early riser.

"Hey, SungMin isn't responding yet?" YeSung casually strolled over to the maknaes.

The two maknae shook their head. YeSung smiled as he took out a key from his pocket.

"Use this to unlock the door," YeSung said as he passed the key to KyuHyun.

"Sunggie, w-why do you have SungMin hyung's room key?" RyeoWook's eyes started to get wet. Does his lover not love him anymore?

YeSung chuckled and patted his cute lover's head. "It's a master key. I secretly managed to get a copy,"

'Why would you need a master key?" RyeoWook asked, obviously confused.

"So he could touch our philtrums every night," KyuHyun boldly stated as he unlocked the door to SungMin's room. "He's okay," KyuHyun called out to the lovebirds. A flustered YeSung, who was explaining his weird habit to his boyfriend, glared at KyuHyun as he took back the master key. Meanwhile, RyeoWook relaxed at KyuHyun's statement.

With that, KyuHyun swiftly shut the door, ignoring RyeoWook's protests. He could hear YeSung pulling the worried RyeoWook away on the other side of the door. KyuHyun then turned around and stared at SungMin. His hyung was wearing his pink headphones again, listening to some music from his Ipod. This would've seemed normal, but if you looked closely, SungMin's face was dark. It is really rare for SungMin's mood to drop so significantly.

"Hyung? Minnie Hyung?" KyuHyun tried to grab the elder's attention. When he still wasn't acknowledged, KyuHyun walked to his dazed hyung and gently removed the headphones.

"Hyung, are you alright?" KyuHyun asked in a low voice. SungMin didn't even look up. He simply scrolled down the list of songs in his Ipod. KyuHyun took the Ipod away, causing SungMin to look at him with a hard stare. KyuHyun gulped. "Hyung?" That tiny squeak was all that was needed to make SungMin tear up. "Hyung?! Wae, What's wrong?!" KyuHyun became flustered as he stared at his hyung, bewildered. It was the first time he had seen SungMin cry outside of work.

A pout made it's way to SungMin's face as tears streaked down his face. "KyuHyunnie...why didn't you pick up my phone call?" SungMin sobbed as he tried to wipe away his tears. KyuHyun's eyes widened at SungMin's question. "Eh, you called me? Sorry, DongHae and the others were getting on my nerves, so I ignored the calls," KyuHyun explained while flailing his arms around.

"B-But you didn't ignore my call. You shouted at me...why? Do you hate me?" SungMin asked with a trembling voice.

KyuHyun mentally slapped himself as he remembered the time when he actually screamed at his phone. Why oh why was that SungMin's call? Talk about bad timing.

"Of course I don't hate you! I'm so sorry, I was stressed out that day because YeSung and RyeoWook were at it again, so---"

"Do you hate them acting lovey-dovey?"

"Eh?"

"Do you hate seeing them show their affection? If I were to do the same, would you be disgusted?"  By this time, SungMin was already crying freely.

"What? Hyung, what are you implying? Where did you get that idea from?"

"KyuHyunnie...do you like m-me?"

"I do. I love you, just l-like the YeWook and KangTeuk and EunHae couples...not as extreme as the HanChul couple though," KyuHyun shyly admitted.

At KyuHyun's sudden confession, SungMin stared at KyuHyun, tears still flowing. Then, he extended his arms towards KyuHyun. "Eh?" KyuHyun asked again, wondering what had went wrong with his crush while he was gone. "Huggg..." SungMin whined through sobs.

KyuHyun smiled and climbed on SungMin's bed. He hugged his hyung tightly and rocked back and forth gently. SungMin rested his hands on KyuHyun's chest. His head was placed near under KyuHyun's chin. Soon, the sobs decreased.

"So, hyung, tell me. What happened?" KyuHyun was no longer flustered from his previous confession. Quite the opposite, he felt relieved that he had let out all the feelings he had been holding in for so long.

"KyuHyunnie...one of my old friends...I met him after so many years...we talked over a cup of coffee and he...he t-told me I was disgusting...for hugging you and stuff on stage....do you think I'm disgusting as well?"

Before SungMin could start drowning himself in tears again, KyuHyun SungMin's soft hair and whispered, "Of course not. Who could even find such a cute thing like you disgusting? Whatever you do will always be pure and cute. Perhaps I should beat the sense into that trash you call a friend for heaven's sake."

SungMin pulled back a bit to stare at KyuHyun's handsome face. KyuHyun smiled as he continued to comfort his bunny-like hyung. SungMin bit his lower lip a bit, as if contemplating about something. Then, he told KyuHyun: "I...I l-love you too, KyuHyunnie...thanks for comforting me...i'm really really happy that you told me you love me...but...you're not kidding, are you?" SungMin's large eyes continued to search for any signs of disgust on his crush's face.

As expected, only the feelings of love and fondness were seen in KyuHyun's clear eyes. SungMin beamed when he confirmed KyuHyun's feelings. He hugged KyuHyun as tightly as he could, causing KyuHyun to chuckle, then choke due to lack of air.

To KyuHyun's utmost surprised, SungMin's usual playfulness was revived immediately as he pinned KyuHyun to his bed. He shyly kissed KyuHyun's lips, then blushed happily. He leaned down and kissed KyuHyun a few more times, then said: "KyuHyunnnie, I'm going to prove to you that I'm not as cute as you think." SungMin's cute pout said otherwise. However, all this was forgotten as KyuHyun heard his-now-lover's next sentence.

"I'm going to do something so unpure and uncute that you will never call me cute again!" SungMin declared. KyuHyun simply smirked. "Bring it on," KyuHyun teased.


Unknown to the lovers inside the bedroom, the rest of the SuJu members had been eavesdropping. Honestly, they were worried sick about SungMin's condition before, but now, all they did was split into their respective pairings and go back to their bedrooms to do something similar to what the KyuMin couple is going to do.

This left ShinDong alone in the living room, huffing in annoyance. Then, he called his girlfriend. "Hey, let's go on a date. My bandmates are being obnoxious again!"

Again, it wasn't surprising to hear giggles from the other line as ShinDong's girlfriend agreed to the sudden date.