Meticulous

Meticulous

TOP Seunghyun has an eye for detail. 

He figures that if the whole bad--boy-band-rapper thing doesn't float, he can be a photographer, an artist, or a fashion designer. Or something along those lines; whichever sounds less emasculating. Typically, he notices things that people would otherwise accuse him of not. For example, he tastes the change in Jiyong's cologne. It is enough to strangle him with its overpowering smell, after all. Seunghyun also sees the miniscule change in length of Taeyang's Mohawk; when he brings it to the surface one evening over kimchee and spiced Chai, Youngbae smiles the widest until his eyes disappear. TOP is more than a little unnerved. Lastly, he detects you in all of your exotic glory, drenched in the essence of strawberries that nearly knocks him off his feet when he first brushes shoulders with you.

Incredibly new, he notes, watching you pull your tennis shoes from a small, black duffel bag, ARMY stenciled in bold, white letters on its body. Where you came from, exactly, is a mystery to him. Judging by your broken Korean and caramel-dipped skin, however, he pins you as someone from the opposite side of the Pacific. Naturally, Seunghyun picks up your smallest ins and outs, primarily during practice when his hormones intermingle with his sweat. 

He ingests the sight of your bones, swimming in your back beneath the sweaty tank that clings to you. Inhales your curves while the mirror reflects you twisting this way and that, as you both glide/stumble through the routine. Most notable is the encore following a dance rehearsal, where you unknowingly punish him as you rub your bronzed shoulders and endlessly long legs. God.

He feels like a greedy ert, enticed by something that he obviously shouldn't can’t indulge in. But, the tightening of his already too-snug jeans, alerts him to just how thin the strands of his self-control really are.

They snap with the finesse of violin strings one late evening. The last bit of dancers trickle out like rainwater, leaving you, Seunghyun, and Seungri in the spacious room.