----

let me be the one to comfort you.

 

Wu Fan walks slowly toward the bed and slid under the covers anyway, after he took a long time to think about it. "W-Wu Fan?" Yixing calls out in surprise, his voice thick with tears. 

 

"Don't say anything." Wu Fan replies almost too bluntly. Yixing needs this. His tears need to stop. 

 

He lets his head fall onto Yixing's pillow, pulling the younger into his embrace after that and collecting him in his arms. As Yixing was still shocked at this, he tries to make himself comfortable in the older's hug, and Wu Fan can't help but notice that Yixing looks so vulnerable this way. It's the first time Wu Fan has seen his weak side. 

 

Usually the younger male would show off a brave front. He was known amongst all the students in the school for his passion for dancing. He also performed in the school's talent show, wearing a sleek black suit with a red bow tie, playing the piano as he sang; his voice was soft and beautiful, a smile stretched across his face when he found out people enjoyed his performance. He was known for playing the guitar too--sometimes Wu Fan would arrive in his dorm room to see Yixing strumming the guitar strings gently. 

 

He is also in the school's basketball team, and he never gives up. They won every single game they participated in all thanks to Yixing. The teenager sporting a dirty blond hair in the picture and holding the trophy up high with a bright smile was Zhang Yixing.

 

He's a humble, smooth, and gentle guy. 

 

Though Wu Fan is quite sure he's not seeing Zhang Yixing at the moment.

 

Yixing continues to cry as he buries his face into Wu Fan's chest, not caring at the fact that he's wetting the older's shirt. Wu Fan caresses his back, moving his hand up and down in an attempt to sooth him. Though he kept quiet, he still wants to know why Yixing was crying, who was the reason behind his tears.

 

The sound of Yixing's cries were faint, like no one can hear it, but Wu Fan can. He encloses his arms around Yixing's waist, winding it and pulling him close. Yixing reaches his hand up to wrap them around Wu Fan's neck, slowly making himself comfortable in his embrace.

 

Yixing cried himself to sleep that night. He didn't mind waking up to discover that Wu Fan fell asleep with him in his bed.

 

Wu Fan didn't want to ask Yixing what's wrong since it's not his place to into his personal life. He went on with life, hanging out with Sehun and Luhan.

 

"What's wrong with you today?" Luhan asks out of the blue, propping his elbow on the cafeteria table. "You're quiet. Well you always are, but not with that face."

 

Before the older had the chance to answer Yixing passes by the table, his legs picking up pace at every step and he was panting, beads of sweat trickling down his forehead. He runs out of the cafeteria, bumping into Sehun as he walks out of the door. He mutters an apology in Mandarin to him. 

 

"Sehun!" Luhan grins. He lifts his hand up to wave at Sehun. When Sehun finally reaches their table Luhan whispers something to him, which made Sehun eye Wu Fan cautiously before he whispers his reply back to Luhan.

 

No one, not even Wu Fan himself knows what's wrong with him. He just walked inside his dorm and expected Yixing to be inside, but his shoulders deflated. Then Luhan's words haunted him and he realizes that something is wrong with him, he just couldn't put a finger on it. But on the tip of his tongue, he can feel that it's Yixing. When he saw Yixing run out of the cafeteria earlier he can't help but wonder why is he in such a rush.

 

Apprehension took over him but he tries to keep calm. Time to sleep and he was already in bed. An hour passed at first, then two, then three. He still hasn't slept a wink. Faith kept him all night staring at the ceiling and Wu Fan thought he should pull at his hair because it's freaking him out. It's already eleven at night, where the hell is Yixing?

 

As far as he is concerned, he hopes Yixing is fine. 

 

Just then the door opened and Yixing enters. He hovers over Wu Fan's bed to see if he's awake, panting as he did. A chuckle escaped his lips when he finds out that Wu Fan is still awake. "Sorry if I'm the one keeping you awake," he blanches, placing his bag on the floor. "Can I sleep with you again tonight?"

 

"Uh," Wu Fan articulates, "sure." He moves to make as much space for Yixing until his back kisses the wall. 

 

Yixing takes off the jeans he had been wearing and takes off his parka. He doesn't give a care at how he is now left with a wife beater and a pair of boxers and climbs onto Wu Fan's bed. "It's cold tonight," he grins, pulling the covers to his chin and looking up to Wu Fan, expecting an agreement. 

 

Wu Fan just watches him until Yixing mutters "good night," to him and decided to close his eyes, drifting himself to sleep. Wu Fan dozed off not long after. 

 

The next day Yixing wasn't in bed anymore, and Wu Fan frowns but when he realizes that it's Saturday he decides not to worry about it. Yixing could be with his friends at the moment, and Wu Fan notices that he hasn't spent much time with his friends lately, so he calls Luhan. But he thought it would be a really bad idea (he doesn't know why, maybe because it's Luhan) so he refrains from doing so. 

 

It was three days later when Wu Fan walks inside the boy's locker room to change his clothes only to see Huang Zitao and Kim Jongdae leaning on his locker, talking to each other as Zitao has both of his hands on either side of Jongdae's head. Luhan has his back facing them as he focuses on changing his clothes more. Wu Fan sits next to him. 

 

"You can use mine," Luhan offers him his extra gym clothes. "It's your size, by the way, don't worry." 

 

Wu Fan takes the clothes from him and puts them on.

 

Hovering over to the end of gym class, however this time instead of talking like they did earlier Jongdae and Zitao are on each other's tongue, their hips grinding and their faces red. Right at that moment Yixing walks in, ensuing chaos when he separates Jongdae and Zitao from each other forcefully, anger written all over his face. Jongdae kept his gaze down as he leans against Wu Fan's locker. 

 

"What do you want?" Zitao demands, crossing his arms. 

 

Yixing's eyes were wide and he stares at Jongdae for an answer. "Yixing, listen," the younger holds onto both of the Chinese's shoulders. "We have to break up." 

 

At that moment Wu Fan is wondering why he is still here. "What? Why?" Yixing's voice cracks, and his eyes watered. 

 

"Zi... Zitao..." Jongdae looks down again, but when he lifts his gaze once again he looks at Zitao. 

 

"Come on, Jongdae," Zitao calls out, his voice sharp. He hands his hand out to Jongdae who lets go of Yixing and walks toward the taller male, following him outside of the locker room as their fingers intertwine. Yixing watches them as they walked out, his mouth agape. It wasn't long after he storms out of the room. No one could stop Wu Fan, so what he did is follow Yixing to wherever he is going. 

 

Their dorm. 

 

"Yixing, I just want you to know," Wu Fan says, "I'm always here to comfort you. I can make you feel better." Wu Fan can't remember how Yixing was suddenly in his arms. 

 

"What are you gonna do?" Yixing growls, pushing the taller male away. "Rub it in my face and tell me 'I told you so'?" 

 

Wu Fan blinks. "What are you talking about?"

 

The younger male stares into the depths of his eyes, as he realizes that he has no idea what he's talking about either. He melts into the taller male's embrace and continues to cry, letting himrun his hands up and down his spine in an attempt to soothe him. 

 

And that's when he realized that the answer was right in front of him. 

 

"Wu Fan..." 

 

"Yes?"

 

Yixing looked up, his eyes teary. He quickly wiped them up with the back of his hands. "I think I'm better off with you." 

 

Wu Fan blinks. "I'm sorry, what?"

 

"I just know it..." the shorter male replies. "You were always there to comfort me. Jongdae never does that." 

 

A smile creeps up his features. "I know I'm better off with you." 

 

Standing on the tip of his toes, Yixing gestures for Wu Fan to lean in a little bit close so that he could kiss him. 

 


I'M SORRY YOU GUYS HAD TO WAIT FOR SO LONG 

I'M FINALLY FREE SO I'M TRYING TO UPDATE EVERY SINGLE STORY I HAVE 

LEAVE YOU COMMENTS! THEY ARE LOVED 

OMG THE ENDING I'LL JUST LEAVE IT THAT WAY

I AM SO LAME