That Smile

That Smile

 

I found myself sprawled all over the table in the recording room. I must have fallen asleep while working on the next album.
 
Eric probably dropped by a few hours ago as I can see his jacket draped over my shoulders.
 
Getting up to see its around 5 in the morning, I took my mug and went out the studio to get me some coffee.
 
As I near the pantry where the coffee maker is, I notice a familiar figure down the hall but I shrug it off, knowing its quite impossible.
 
No, I must be seeing things, I thought to myself.
 
He's just standing there, his back to me while I slowly approach the entrance to the pantry. I got nervous all of a sudden, my heart beating faster than normal.
 
And when he turned around, I choke back my tears.
 
There stood Dongwan, the one who stole my first kiss that night when we first got our Daesang.
 
He held out his hand to me and smiled, that smile I will never ever forget. I ran to him and engulfed him in a hug, tears now flowing from my eyes.
 
"I'm sorry Wannie, I'm really really sorry" I said and sobbed in his arms. He just held me, not saying a word.
 
I opened my eyes and he's gone. Tears still flowing from my eyes, I try to get back that image, the image of him smiling.
 
Wiping my tears, I got my coffee and went straight back to the recording room.
 
I guess he just gave me a visit to encourage me. I've been stuck and can't proceed with recording. It was getting really frustrating.
 
My hand reached for my pen and started scribbling new lyrics. Satisfied, I worked on the melody. A smile lingered on my face as I started to work again.
 
And as the first early morning rays streaked into the window, I promised myself to bring flowers and visit his grave one day, hoping to see that smile again.

A/N: And there you have it. This one is very special. I dedicate this to that special person. I hope to see you again soon. ^_^

Please do leave comments. Thank you!