That Afternoon

I Can't (Forget Your Love)

It was strangely normal...

It was the normal kind of strange...

That Afternoon

She was something different. It sounds cliche or whatever but being around you was like I was back in Canada enjoying the company of someone special. Not neccesarily, special in that, I'm so nervous to even make a move or that I have to watch what I say in case I turn them off the wrong way. It was like we were passed that stage. It was nice (at that moment I really couldn't think of anything else to describe it, but nice). She wasn't ashamed of having being in the company of a guy who has to wear a thick scarf, sunglasses and beanie indoors, heck, you wasn't even ashamed to ask me for my finished cup from the coffee we had in the morning. I was cool with that, because she was cool with me being me, Kris. Not Kris from EXO, just Kris.

I knew she wanted to ask me so many questions about EXO, the whole fame thing, and so many other things related to that Kris. But as we walked together, her arm linked in mine as we explored little boutique stores, and stalls hidden in cracks, corners and alleyways in Seoul, it felt like she was saving those questions for another time- that she wanted to spend as much normal time with me that she had. The only thing she asked me was about how and why I had left the hotel. I told her that I was looking for coffee and I had also somehow found her along the way. Her face went a powdery pink when I told her that. She knew she was blushing so I didn't make a scene by pointing out the obvious (which is usually something I do... strange).

We both got hungry by the time the rush hour of lunch finished. I was secretly craving something bad, deep fried and commercial but I felt as if I would be pressuring her to do something that she didn't want to. you seemed like the type who enjoyed a hearty, home made meal, served by a sweet, old, ahjumma. So I pushed forward the idea buying one kind of each street food at each different stall. She agreed with a nod. Too cute. 

 

I was used to strange. I went to a strange high school and made strange friends. So being with Kris was practically normal- even if he was so covered up and disguised that every time he tried to make a move, I almost cracked up laughing. I'm an awkward person, without a doubt. But Kris brought out this comfortable sense within me. I was so comfortable that I even took his empty cup from his Iced Americano, cleaned it with a napkin then kept it safe in my bag. Looking back on that, I still don't feel embarassed. He was totally fine with me and he was totally fine (duh, he is the Kris Wu). I liked that... alot.

As much as I wanted to ask him questions about absolutely everything about him and EXO, something inside me kept down that urge. I felt like I didn't need to ask; as if I already knew all the answers. Maybe because of the way our arms linked the whole time during our little adventure through my favourite area in Seoul. But I did end up asking him something; why and how on earth did he escape the hotel?! What. A. Ninja. Anyways, He told me the obvious, that he really wanted Starbucks and had ended up picking me up along the way. That sure made me blush. Far out, it must have been even more evident since it was snowing. Aigo

I was hungry ever since we left Starbucks. I forgot to have breakfast that morning (never again...) and he finally suggested lunch AFTER lunch time. I assumed it was Kris being precautious, just in case he got caught out. I dealt with that and made sure my stomach didn't make a single noise. I didn't want to be rude. There was no craving of any particular thing, I was so hungry I could've eaten at any of the five McDonalds that we passed on that one street but Kris avoided them as if fried food made him breakout at first bite. Live a little, buddy! We eventually, (actually, he eventually) settle for street food. I guess he missed it that much that he wanted to try one thing from every stall. I nodded in agreement because I literally had nothing to say. 

-

I've always loved...

I learnt to really love...

The Snow

Back in China and Canada, I've always had my connections with the snow. It'd come in its right season and grace the ground with its beauty. Sort of like how you came into my life. At the right time, in the right season, at the right place. I should've told her that when we went ice skating after lunch because we had eaten so much rice cakes and sweet potatoes and everything else in between. She said ice skating was a fun way of getting rid of the bloated feeling. So I followed her to an isolated rink in a park that was only full of old men and women chatting on the park bench, cuddling, and keeping warm. A middle aged man rented us some skates and he seemed amused at my shoe size, I was going to give him the 'you know what they say about guys with big feet' joke, but I knew he wouldn't get it. you had the cutest socks. They had little strawberries on them. Adorable. 

I guess with all the time spent training to become an idol, and all the time spent practicing songs and dance moves; I had forgotten how to ice skate. But with you, that wasn't a problem as she took the lead by standing infront of me and allowing me to hold onto her shoulders as she skated away, taking me along with her. The ice rink wasn't the largest rink that I had ever seen, but it was big enough to keep the both of us together the whole time. After a few laps of the rink with me tailing behind her as her soft brown ponytail kept swatting my unsuspecting face, she told me that I was ready to skate with her; side by side. Honestly, I was still abit unsure of my skill level. But as soon as she took my hand and kept it in hers, I swear I was King of that Rink.

We were only supposed to skate for an hour but the middle aged worker let us skate for another half an hour before the sun began to set and he had to pack up his stall. No other skaters showed up that whole time. So it was practically only, you, me, the middle aged man and the old men and women. I liked it that way and I didn't want to leave. And in the way that you shamelessly pleaded the middle aged man to let us stay for another half an hour showed me that she didn't want to leave either. In the very moment, I didn't want to leave just the place I had fallen in love with- I didn't want to leave the person that I fell in love with too.

 

I've always had a love-hate relationship with snow. I liked it as a kid but as a teenager I dreaded the days when the weather woman said that a good layer of snow was headed our way. It'd mean that I had to dress up in thick clothing that did not flatter my figure. But after that afternoon, snow became my best friend. Right after Kris... We had nomnomnom'ed on so much street food that it wasn't funny. I even had the thought of 'we should've just eaten McDonalds'; but I didn't let that thought slip out of my mouth because I knew he was enjoying himself. I suggested ice skating at the rink set up in the park a few blocks away from my apartment (I didn't tell him about where I lived though). Ice skating was one of those things that I wasn't bad at but wasn't a master at either; but all in all, it's fun. I liked this particular rink because it was considered 'lame' by the teenagers in this area, which meant it was perfect for me, his expected big feet, the old women and men, the ajhussi who owns the apartment block next to mine, and my strawberry socks which I reckon Kris loved. 

With the look on Kris' face I knew that he hadn't been ice skating in a while, so I let him hold onto me as I dragged him around the rink. After that I swear my shoulders could have stood the weight of the world. I had been skating this rink ever since I moved into my apartment three years ago. I knew every angle, edge and the shape of the rink and I was keen on showing Kris that I had perfected it. After having him tail behind me with my hair attacking his poor face, I told him that he was ready (even though I did have my doubts). I took his waiting hand and held onto it tight and there began our hour and a half ice skating session.

I knew the ahjussi would be up and packing by the time the sun began to set and I also knew that my puppy dog eyes and pout would work, since it worked every year. We were given another half an hour to happily skate without another thought in the empty rink without another person or thought in the world. I love that feeling. Like no one else is around, I didn't want to leave that feeling there and I didn't want to think about leaving Kris either. I begged so hard to the ahjussi so we could skate for an extra half an hour but he had to go home to make soup for his family. Kris even tried paying the ahjussi extra money to make him stay; at that moment, I knew he had fallen in love with the rink, just as I fell in love with him.


Uwah! Part Two ^^ 

I hope you guys liked the second part to the longshot hehe.

Please don't forget to COMMENT with your thoughts! & SUBSCRIBE (if you haven't) & UPVOTE if you like/love this long shot!

Stay LOVELY and Stay Tuned for the LAST installment :)