That Morning

I Can't (Forget Your Love)

That day started like no other

That day started like most others. 

It started with coffee.

I usually don't get the chance to even step beyond a few metres from the hotel that my fellow EXO members and I would be staying at in the city that we'd either be promoting, or having a concert in. Everyone knows why and we condition ourselves to learn to entertain ourselves within the four walls of our hotel rooms. That day was particularly odd though as the rebellious side of myself decided to test not only our limits, but manager-nim's patience and the stealth of our fans.

Simply put, I wanted coffee. Not just any instant coffee from the little basket in the hotel room though. I wanted an Iced Americano despite the sharp and cold weather outside as the snow frosted the window. I knew where to get it; it's the city of Seoul. For sure there's a Starbucks just around the corner...

 

I don't like leaving my house without knowing that I have all the essentials packed into my fashion side bag. Including tissues, fully charged phone, ID, wallet (of course filled with cash), hand sanitizer, water bottle and make-up bag. I also don't like leaving my house without having a clear plan of the day's activities or without a cup, or mug of coffee. I had run out of grounded coffee that day and my coffee grinder had gone bust yesterday, leaving me without choice but to go out and buy my daily grind from a cafe.

I would've went to the cafe at the ground level of my apartment building but after ordering a Latte when I first moved here to Seoul, and receiving only but a paper cup of plain hot milk; I made sure that I didn't order anything from there again. The only place I could've think of that morning was Starbucks, which was conveniently located down the road...

-

A regular Iced Americano, Please. 

A grande sized mocha, Thanks. 

Are you crazy?! 

I had successfully made it out the hotel building. Alive, unnoticed, without my photo being taken and without the members or our manager's realisation. I couldn't help but be that tiny bit giddy as I waited in the designated area on the other side of the counter at Starbucks, waiting to get my ice cold drink into my hot waiting hands. I felt good about myself that morning till the voice of a bemused girl questioned me so suddenly along with a tap on my shoulder as she caught my attention. 

I think from what she heard me order, she thought I was just another crazy person who was too cool for hot drinks during winter. She was crazy too. Who's going to drink all that coffee? With a figure like hers, I don't think it'd fit in her stomach. Anywho, as I turned to face her, her cheeky expression changed to one of almost complete utter shock. She dropped the serviette that was in her grasp before completely looking away from me as she knelt down to pick it up. I knew she knew who I was. Unlike a lot of fans, she was civilised enough to not scream 'oppa' at me or tug a strand of hair from my head (but that would've been impossible as I wore a beanie). I bent down to 'help' her before she could stand back right up and tell the whole entire world that EXO's Kris was in the building. Our faces met as I re-examined her expression....

 

The walk to Starbucks was a brisk one as the morning wind and snow met my face, making me need that over sized coffee even more. The streets were already beginning to get packed with business men and women as well as high school kids- all of them headed to places that they didn't want to be. Lucky for me, it was my day off and I had planned a whole day of relaxation, starting with the sauna after I got my hot beverage into my cold and frosty hands. The line at Starbucks wasn't that long actually, it was just me and this guy crazy enough to order an iced drink in this weather. I openly questioned his choice and I swore he mentally questioned my daring order of the largest sized beverage. But as I dropped my serviette to the ground, completely star struck; I questioned why I had to question him in the first place.

I bent down to pick the napkin up, as I'd hate to think that the staff would see me as one who advocates pollution but also because I knew that face that I thought was crazy. It was Kris. That defined facial structure isn't just any beautiful stranger. It was the real life version of the handsome face that graced my bedroom walls in the form of a poster. And he had knelt down to help me for some strange reason. I knew that I couldn't freak out or fangirl. All I could do was remain as emotionless as I could and show that through my face as I tried to stop it from blushing...

-

Do you know EXO?

You're Kris, right?

Duh, Of course.

I can't believe I asked her such a question. Way to ruin my image? I could tell what she was thinking. At least I thought I could. Her face was made of pretty and soft features, which together made her quite beautiful- even if she was expressionless. I helped her back up even though it didn't appear that she needed my assistance. Her name was you. Well, according to the employee who handed her one of the largest cups of coffee that I've ever seen. I had been given my drink before her and waited for youto receive hers. I didn't want to see a pretty name and face like that go. 

As she asked me a question just to make sure that I was in fact the Kris of EXO, I was about to give one of the most unattractive, one syllable answer. But I kept it inside and gave her a nod and one of my most genuine smiles. Truthfully, I expected her to faint but to my surprise she smiled back fondly before shamelessly sculling down her coffee in my presence. I never told anyone before then that that was, that she was my kind of girl...

 

He must have thought that I had either been living under a rock for the last two years or I clearly had no knowledge of anything to do with Korean Pop Culture. I finally meet my bias and what do I say? One of the most silliest things ever. Fail you. But then again, he did just ask me if I knew EXO. Suddenly, the girl behind the counter called me out by my name and handed me my hot beverage that was the size of an extra large bubble tea. I was so keen on getting some caffeine into my system but it appeared that he was waiting for me since he already got his drink and was sipping on it happily through the signature green Starbucks straw. I was glad he hadn't gone yet. I didn't ask him for a signature yet. Maybe he'll give me his finished cup.

I've seen alot of pictures and images of Kris supposedly smiling  and although all of them were adorable, the smile he gave me when answering my question sent tingles down my spine. It was as if I already had caffeine running through my veins. I was terrified of dropping what I held in my hands like the first time I realised it was him. So I returned the smile before instantly diving into my drink, forgetting the unnatural size of it. I just had to do something to avoid doing something even more embarassing. Kris happily watched me chug down the mocha despite it's heat, since I couldn't feel it when in the presence of something and someone, hotter than a freshly made coffee...

 


Voila~ Part One! 

I hope you guys like it so far (& it's not confusing haha), cause I am since its quite fun to write and see both point of views ^^

I think its becoming more than a oneshot but definitely not any longer than three chapters.

Please Comment with your thoughts! & Subscribe (if you haven't) & UpVote if you like/love this long shot!

Stay LOVELY and Stay Tuned :)