Chapter 4

Angel

A/N: Sorry for not updating for a while. I am having my exams right now so please bear with me for a while. Enjoy~


*Daehyun’s pov*

I woke up and realized that I was back at Yongguk’s house. “Are you feeling better?” Yongguk asked. Don’t go too close to humans, they will hurt you. The voice sounded in my head. I nodded and Yongguk asked if I am hungry. I shook my head. He said that he won’t give me to anyone… Can I trust him? I thought and he brought me out to meet his friends. Don’t have feelings towards them. You will only get hurt in the end. The voice said again and I frowned. A guy came up suddenly and asked me about Youngjae. “He is dead.” I said coldly, wanting to protect myself. They know Youngjae… What should I do? Can I still trust them? Master, maybe you can try to trust them? That human took good care of you when you are out. Don’t let your nightmares mess you up. It’s not like you to do that. I nodded to myself. You are right. I am being weird right now. Will you come out if I ask you to later? I asked and it sighed. No. I won’t. Your body can’t take it. Why do you insist on showing them? It’s the best way to show that I am not lying. I said. “Hey, how do you expect us to believe you?” Himchan said. “True, Jung Daehyun died long ago. But I am not lying when I said that I am Jung Daehyun. I am an angel.” I said slowly, not really expecting their reaction to be something nice. Zelo came to me with an amazed expression. “Angels exist?” he asked curiously. “Show me.” Himchan said coldly as he pulled Zelo away. “Prove it to me.” Himchan repeated. “Showing you my wing is enough right?” I asked. “But I don’t think this is what you expect to see though…” they nodded and I walked a few steps away from them. Yah, I am your master. Have faith in me and come out. Shireo. It said stubbornly. “Then I will have to show you who is the master here.” I said and realized that I said it out loud. They looked at me weirdly and I smiled awkwardly.

I turned to back face them. I bend down a little, trying to force the wing out. Master! Stop forcing me out! Just be good and come out. I will be fine, really. I am wasting more energy like this. Can’t you have faith in your master? …Arraso. It came out and the others stared in awed. It faded away soon and I turned over. “Is it okay now?” I asked and they seemed to still be in a state of shock. I felt my knees buckled under me and I knelt on the floor, coughing out blood. I clutch onto my chest as the pain started increasing.

*Yongguk’s pov*

Daehyun said that he will show us his wings. I stared at him as he moved away from us. He bent forward a little before arching his back and a huge wing appeared on his back. This was what I saw! Just that this is much nicer. The feathers are silver in colour, shining beautifully. However, the injuries it held are uncountable, from deep to shallow wounds, there are at least 30 of them. The wing faded away and Daehyun turned around, his face paler than white paper. “Is it okay now?” he asked and the rest are still in a state of shock, while Zelo is staring at Daehyun with sparkling eyes. He fell forward, kneeling on the floor, coughing out blood while clutching onto his chest. I was the first one that rushed over. “Daehyun!” I called and he looked up at me. “I didn’t lie to you.” He said softly. Himchan came over and asked him in a much more gentle way. “Where are you hurting?” Daehyun just shook his head. “It’s nothing. It will probably go away soon.” Zelo came forward too. “Heyhey, why do you only have one side of the wing? Where is the other side?” He asked excitedly and Jongup said. “Junhongie, bring him to the sofa first.” Zelo helped Daehyun up and brought him to the sofa.

“So where is you’re the other wing?” Zelo asked again and Daehyun smiled sadly. “It… It got ripped off…” he said softly, almost like mumbling to himself. “That’s why I said that this probably isn’t what you all are expected to see. My wing is broken.” Zelo shook his head. “Aniyo. It’s pretty, it’s a shame that it got ripped off… Who would do that? Your wing is so nice. Is it only yours that are silver in colour?” Zelo asked. They became close suddenly. “Erm, yeah. Only those in my family have this colour, I am their only child so yeah. I am the only one.” Daehyun explained. “Why is it that only your family have the colour?” Zelo asked again. “Erm… idk. Maybe because they are the royal family? They are the rulers of the world before they died a few years back.” Daehyun said sadly and Zelo patted his hand. “You haven’t told us who ripped off your wings though.” Himchan interrupted. Daehyun shook his head. “I don’t think you would want to know though… I don’t even think that you would believe me if I said it.” Daehyun said softly but Himchan urge him to go on. “Would you believe it if I said Youngjae did it? Would you believe it if I said Youngjae betrayed me just to get the throne?” Daehyun said sadly and Himchan shook his head. “Youngjae won’t do that, he must have his reasons.” Himchan said and Daehyun smiled sadly. “I wished that it didn’t happen too.” We ended up chatting about some other stuff and went to eat.

When we came back and was watching TV, Zelo suddenly turned to Daehyun. “What happened to you and Youngjae hyung?” Daehyun looked at him for a while before starting. “I knew Youngjae a few years back. When I was depressed about my parent’s death, he came to me and stayed with me. We became good friends, after that and whenever I had problems with the stuffs as a king, he would help me. Lots of people think that I am not doing a good job in ruling the world and wants to overturn me. The only way to do that without having my consent is to rip off my wings. That was an unspoken rule. If you want to be the king, rip off the wings of the king and you can be one. It’s a world where the stronger ones survive and the weaker ones suffer. There were lots of times where I almost died but none of them are actually good enough to rule the world from what I see. I thought that maybe Youngjae could do a better job than me and I was thinking of letting him be the king instead. But he betrayed me suddenly. I trusted him the most in my world… I guess, I let my guard down…” Daehyun hugged his knees closed to his chest before continuing. “He acted like he couldn’t fight infront of me but he could fight just as good as my best soldier. He ripped off one of my wing and before he could do anything to another one, I opened a portal that could lead me to human world and fell down. I think Yongguk saved me after that.” They nodded at his words. “Why didn’t you just give him the throne?” I asked and he said. “Since he is just like the others that fought for the throne, I can’t just let him have the throne. The people of the world will suffer. I can’t risk it.”

He is a great ruler. It’s already late and we are all tired. They went back to their rooms and I asked Daehyun if he is tired. “Yongguk, you should go rest first. You must be tired. I… Can I just stay here for a while?” he asked and I nodded before going to my room. I woke up in the midnight and realized that Daehyun hasn’t come back yet so I went out to find him. He was sitting on the sofa in the same position as he was since I last saw him, head resting on his knees that are threatening to fall off the sofa anytime. I went closer and realized that he is asleep. “Umma… Appa… Mianhambnida” he mumbled as his shoulders start to shake. I went over and picked him up, carrying him back to my room. As I was about to put him down, he clutched onto my shirt and sobbed. “Umma… Appa… Don’t leave me… I am sorry I ruined the peaceful world you created…  Appa… Why did you leave me alone…” he sobbed while he spoke random stuffs. I sat on the bed and rocked him gently. “Shh… It’s okay… Everything is over now…” I cooed and his sobs died down after a while. Does he have a habit to cry alone like this? Has he make it a habit to hide his feelings from others that he is only crying when he is alone or when he is sleeping like now?

I put him onto the bed and wiped his tears before climbing in and falling asleep while hugging him close to myself protectively. He shifted closer and I smiled, drifting off to sleep.


A/N: I hope that you enjoyed this chapter ^^ Please comment and tell me how you feel about this chapter. Anything will be fine. Please. Comments are my motivation. I would really appreciated it if you would just leave a comment. Give me some advice or anything. Thanks for reading~ ^^ I hope that you have a good day ahead~ :)