Why don't we Give it a Try? II

Give it a Try ▬ OneShot
10AM. We were all leaving the university to have fun at the carnival. I thought you would be on a rush but you left at a normal pace: too proud to show your happiness, uh? Silly…
On the other hand, I was leaving with the band. They seemed so happy and I was so off in comparison with them… It wasn’t like me at all. I was about to try to cheer up myself when I saw you waiting at the bus stop. I thought you had left for minutes now… However you were there... checking your phone every ten seconds with a frown… That meant Michaël was late. My heart fell a bit, seeing you like this. You hated being alone around tons of people (no much persons like it, but in your case, it was worst – you social butterfly).
I said to the band that I was going to catch up with them in some minutes. I crossed the road and joined you, innocently (well I tried to make it look like a coincidence).
 
“Hm… Lia?” I said. You turned to face me and smiled.
“Oh, Min Woo Oppa.” Oppa… that was so rare when you’d call me that. “You are taking the bus?”
“Yeah… I was supposed to join the band but… I came too late so I decided to take the bus to catch up.” My my! I was doing well in lying… I’m sorry though, Lia.
“Oh…” you nodded.

Just at this moment, you received a text message. You silently sighed after a while.

“He is busy, hum?” you looked up and nodded. You were obviously disappointed. I couldn’t bear it.
“This boy…” I muttered.
“It’s okay!” you said with a little smile.
“Hm… if you say so… Well, what about joining the band then? We would be happy to have you...” me first!
“Why not? I have nothing better to do.” I smiled at you and so you did.
 
« I ain’t try to be the next dude; to neglect you. I want you by my side; in my next move »
 
Soon after, the bus came and we took it. “Where are we going?”
“Uh…” My mind went blank… Where?? Oh, come on! Why didn’t I listen to the band when they were talking? “No idea…”
“What?” you stared at me with wide eyes.
“I forgot to ask them… AISH! I’ll text them…” I did as I said but the answer never came… I was really going to kill them. “Still no answer… Perhaps they have no signal... Okay, let’s just go to the mall, I’m pretty sure they’ll start there.”
You nodded.
 
« Whether in the mall; Shopping spree and all; Together you and I; we can run the town… »
 
Once we stepped in the mall, I totally forgot about looking for our friends, same for you. I dragged you in the first shop I saw and we tried things on for fun. Yes, I tried girl clothes on… But hey, I was willing to cheer you up and make you forget this stupid person Mickael was (still is)!
You tried some clothes on as well. Must I admit anything was looking good on you; I could send you in a trashcan, and you would look astonishing after stepping out of it. Seriously...

After this, I insisted in you helping me to pick some clothes for myself so I’d buy them next time. Again, we had so much fun the seller almost kicked us out of the shop. You complained a lot which made it even more hilarious.
 
“Well, I don’t think I’ll be able to come back here to take the clothes we chose…” I said, still chuckling.
“Come on, he already forgot about us!” you said but right at this moment, the seller screamed something like ‘and don’t come back again’.
“Well, he will forget… someday…” you commented, not even sure about it.
 
I chuckled.
You complained again but this time about how hungry you were. I checked the time: it was noon. Quite normal. So we headed to a place to eat, a café or something of the sort. I smiled during the whole time you ate. You were hungry indeed… How funny it was to see you battle with your food! I even took a picture. You argued a lot because of this but I wasn’t to delete it anytime soon. People around were staring at us so I decided to put my glasses on. I had almost forgotten I was a singer…! With you, I really was just a silly boy in love.

The next stop was at a shop that was selling items. I was really looking forward it so I took you by the hand, just like before, so you would hurry up. There, the seller almost harassed us to come in and take some couple rings, which was awkward. We were not a couple.
 
“Ah… but we are friends…” you said awkwardly.

The seller looked down at our tied hands and arched an eyebrow. A strange/creepy smile grew on his lips and you slipped out your hand. I scratched the back of my head. Though, I already missed your hand in mine.

“Hm… I see. Okay then… What about best friend rings?” he asked, showing a pair. You nodded happily.
“It would be perfect.” I said. Of course, I paid for it, not listening to your protestations. “You are always complaining! How could I take it seriously now?” I asked, amused.
 
We headed out of the shop and decided to put on the rings while walking away. So I reached for the box and opened it… I frowned. These were not the rings he showed us. Instead of our trendy friendship ones, there was half of a heart on each ring. (http://data.whicdn.com/images/4900108/tumblr_lbkgncpjRp1qanap5o1_400_thumb.jpg?1289496703)
I sighed in frustration and embarrassment.

“What?” you asked.
“He put the wrong rings…” I breathed.
 
You chuckled at this, looked at the rings, chuckled again and turned back to head to the shop again but… when we arrived in front of it, after a little walk again, it was closed.

“This devil…” you exclaimed with huge eyes. I laughed at you and sighed again.
“It’s okay, I’ll change it another time, Lia…” you nodded.
 
We were again running around the mall and we entered the toyshop… Yes, we dared!
The first thing you did? Put on these huge glasses: (http://img5.visualizeus.com/thumbs/08/94/bloodshot,eyes,dog,funny,glasses-0894a8ff0d6c6480fafad9c768d07156_h.jpg). Silly you! But you were so funny I joined in.
We were dropping stuff-toys at each other, making a conversation with random things, comparing some animals with our friends or even us. I almost cried my eyes out from laughing! Don’t ask me why but we started to play tag (yes, in the shop – we really wanted to be in troubles!). You were at the other end of the shop and I was running to catch you when I saw you stop in your tracks. I smiled to myself: it was my chance to win the game. I ran faster and grabbed you by the shoulders.
 
“Got you!” I exclaimed. You looked at me with a lost expression before smiling a bit.
“Ho! You… cheater!” You said but… it sounded lame.
 
Then, it hit me: why did you stop? I looked up and tried to see what could be a matter in front of us. That was when I saw Michaël… with another girl… totally making out… just there, out of the store.
I stared for some seconds.

“What…?” I spatted. Anger boiled up inside of me faster than I realized. So that was right? He was just playing with you? This bastard didn’t even deserve to live if so then. I thought I was leaving you to a good young man who loved you… But look what he was doing behind your back. Behind our backs! I felt so concerned… If I knew, I’d have stolen you from him for ages. I felt bad and stupid.
If your main problem is holding grudges, mine is certainly that I have quick reactions and anger didn’t take much time to take control over me. I started to walk fast to go get him when you catch my arm at the gates of the store and stood in front of me.

“It’s alright Min Woo. It’s not as if I care. Let us go, please.” You sounded so weak suddenly.
“But Lia he’s…”
“It’s OKAY!” you said and pushed me the other way…

I let it go... reluctantly. You turned me around and pushed me a bit, leaving with me when...
 
“Li-Lia?” you turned back and arched your eyebrows. He was there, the girl clutching at his arm.
“Hm?” you answered, codly. You were looking so strong.
“What… what are you doing here?”
“What about you?” I cut in before you could answer him.
“Who asked you something?” he answered back.
“IT IS…” you started, cutting in “…none of your business.”
“Is that the Lia girl you talked about?” the girl suddenly cut in the conversation as well. “I thought you had better tastes in girls! Thanks god, I was there all this time. You said she would fall for you in some days, did you already have with her or aren’t you done acting yet?” she mocked.
“Shut up!” he hissed at her before looking back at you. “It’s not what you think…”
“Hm… Not what I think? But I don’t think anything, except you were too optimistic about me. You are not worth enough for being in my thoughts I guess. Well, I’m busy right now… Have fun with your… friend.”
 
It was just like you, acting as if you didn’t care but when you turned around, I saw the tears that threatened to fall down. I glared at him and I wanted so bad to punch him but you were more important than he was – and I’m not the violent type. You needed someone with you. So, I stepped back and caught up with you.
 
“You know what? I’m so mad!” you started. “It’s not the fact he acted as if he was in love. Just the fact he thought I would just have with him, the fact he did only want this. The fact he told this b*tch there I’d fall for that. I feel so dirty for some reason…” you breathed with anger. I did want to comfort you, but…
“LIA!” someone screamed behind us. He was there again, chasing you…
 
« Without a doubt… »
 
Don’t ask me what has gotten to me at this moment… I just grabbed you by the arm, hurriedly reached again for the rings and looked at you. I called your name to catch your attention and waited for your eyes to meet mine.
 
“On this carnival, boys often ask the girl they like to come with them at it. The carnival isn’t over yet. And I like you a lot Lia so would you, just for today, come with me and be my girl?” I asked, my heart beating fast.

I was stressed and I just realized what I did. However, I wasn’t feeling bad about it. It felt right. It looked like I was doing it on purpose so Michaël would feel bad. However, I didn’t control anything and just did so.
Your eyes widened as you looked at me. I peeked at Michaël who was watching there. You noticed that but frowned a bit. So I took your hand and one of the rings.
 
“Please… I know the rings are... cheap?" I laughed just like you did. "But I’m serious. Just for today at least.” I smiled. Well, I tried at least.

You smiled at me and nodded with a small laugh. I sighed in delight and showed my relief. You laughed even more while I was putting the ring on your finger. I wore the other one as well before taking you in my arms. I instinctively kissed your forehead as you laughed at it and punched me jokingly. Were you embarrassed?
 
“It hurts…” I pouted and punched you back.
“Ow!” you pouted as well as I pinched your cheek.
“So cute…” I breathed, staring at your face… yes, beautiful, as ever. “Well, we better go now if we want to see the carnival a little bit.”
 
You nodded and smiled happily. I grabbed your hand, kissed your cheek quickly, smirked at Michaël and we went away.
It felt real, you know… For some reasons, it was real to me. Even if…
 
“Thank you for what you did. But you didn’t have to…”
I looked down and nodded… “I know… It just… came out.” I explained painfully, it was hard to explain without telling you it was real. You just laughed.
 
But it wasn’t funny. My heart felt good but it was cracking at the same time: it could have been real but it wasn’t.
At this moment, you tried to slip your hand out of mine but this time, I gripped it. I wanted you to stay there, by my side. To feel there really was something, it wasn’t only to shut this Michaël’s mouth.
 
« I want you by my side, in my next move… »
 
“Uh uh… You are my girl for the day! Remember? You agreed!” I tried to joke and smiled.
“Oh come on! You’re serious? You will regret this, do you know that?” I don’t think I would…
“Do you think so?” I arched an eyebrow and you just laughed silently.

 
It really felt real. I was feeling so well… You didn’t seem to mind us to be labeled as a couple and my heart was already hurt when I thought how it would stop in some hours. How we would say it was fun. How you would tell me ‘see you tomorrow’ and act as if nothing happened the next day.
 
I tried my best to look as crazy and funny as usual. I wanted you to be happy; I wanted us to be happy together. We argued a lot again, it was tensed sometimes but none of us did want to stay away from the other, so we would forget about it right after. Was it hard for you? I know how you like to hold grudges…
We tried hard to avoid our friends at first, because it’d be awkward, plus we were not a real couple. No, we were just a "for the day" and out of a “joke” couple. But as time went by, it became hard to ignore their phone calls and we joined them. We decided to show our hands tied together and our couple rings, just to have fun and to see their reactions.
 
“I KNEW IT!” Joo Yeon screamed with a huge grin.
“Uh? Out of the blue?” Kevin managed to let out.
“What about Micha-” Another friend was about to ask THE question but I cut him.
“Don’t even say his name!” I frowned and pouted. Everyone laughed, thinking I was jealous.
 
I had been jealous, but at the moment, I was afraid it would bring back bad memories to you. However, my heart softened when I saw a smile on your lips. This smile that was for sure the meaning of happiness. It was a relief to see it… You have no idea…

“You look better with Min Woo anyway! Plus he is our superstar right?” another said with a grin.
“Put your sunglasses back on by the way!” you told me, motherly.
“Yes mum!” I answered jokingly, putting my glasses back on.
“Why? Are you afraid of fangirls?” Kevin joked, nudging you. You glared at him so he would stop.
“You will have to keep your relationship secret! Or… make it official?” the girls clapped and laughed.
“Tell your manager first… our CEO would freak out…” Joo Yeon said, fixing her cap so nobody would recognize her.
“There will be no need…” you said, about to tell the truth.
 
I guess the story about the CEO and manager scared you a bit. Although, you looked at me, as if you were waiting for my approval. This felt good: you cared about me and my opinion. But I didn't want to say it was all a lie... I sighed.
 
“It’s all fake, a joke.” I tried to put on my usual mischievous smile but we both looked strange… Total fail.
“Liars… Why are you stepping back now? Afraid of the manager and our CEO?” Joo Yeon eyed us suspiciously.
“Noona… It’s a joke!” I said again to make it clear, but she IS stubborn.
“I don’t believe it…”
“What about the rings?” Kevin asked.
“The seller put the wrong rings in our bag… We were to buy best friend rings.” You said, amused.
“Whatever!”
“If you aren’t a couple, just become one already! So slow!” Joo Yeon complained.
 
They never really knew what to trust and during the whole carnival, they would spy on us to catch us in a “couple activity”. So, whenever I would touch you, it was a sign. Whenever you would grip my hand – it was usual for us though – it was a sign again for them. And so on… I don’t know if they really believed at that moment we were a couple or not, but they would not have been surprise if it was the truth. Joo Yeon obviously thought there was something behind the bush and did want us to be together then… However, my main problem is I’m a ZE:A member. In Japan, I’m pretty well known and according to the reaction you had about fangirls, my manager and the CEO, you were afraid of these kinds of obstacles.
I knew that from the beginning. That was the reason why I couldn’t confess when I started to develop feelings towards you (along with the fact I had to be sure of my feelings).
 
It was 9PM when the carnival finished. We were all tired from the amusement and were walking like zombies! Joo Yeon and I were talking while you and Kevin were having fun. I was staring at you a bit, I couldn’t really help it, and Joo Yeon noona saw that of course. So each time, she would nudge me annoyingly. The rest of the band soon left for their homes and the four of us were really alone this time.
When we had to go different ways, you obviously were about to be alone, since Kevin, Joo Yeon and I were going to Star Empire "dorms". It was around 10PM, it was dark and anyway, I couldn’t let you walk all this way alone…
 
“Min Woo, you are walking her home, right? I really have to go. Kevin will warn your manager so nobody will worry.”

I didn’t even try to find any logic in this and nodded at Joo Yeon’s words.
 
“You don’t have to; it’s okay Unnie! I have the habit to walk home alone.” You protested but noona shushed you before leaving with Kevin.
“Are they dating or something?” you asked playfully, looking at Kevin and the bossy woman.
“KwangHee is more likely to date her in my opinion…” I softly said, staring at them too. You nodded in agreement before we both laughed at our randomness.
 
We turned around and started to walk silently. I did want to enjoy a calm walk with you; however, you don’t feel at ease if you don’t keep on filling the blank in a conversation! So it was a quite funny time. I couldn’t help but join you in the end. Even if we were different in many ways, I felt like we were the same on other many ways as well. Compatible is the word.
I looked at your face while you were babbling your usual nonsense. It was cute. You really were into your thing. I then stared at our hands, joined together, as ‘usual’. However, soon, I would have to let your hand go. Your warmness would leave me. You would forget about the good things about this day. Perhaps you would stop to smile and think over and over about this jerk. Perhaps you…
 
“I… I missed you Min Woo.” You suddenly said, being calm and hesitant.
“Uh?” I was surprised by the sudden change.
“Before today… It had been a long time…” you softly explained, embarrassed. You hated expressing your feelings. I nodded.
“Yeah, that’s right… I missed you a lot too.” I smiled down at you and squeezed once your hand.
“It was fun!” You exclaimed all smiling, highly embarrassed now. I chuckled.
“What about everyday being just like today? Well, except for… you know… about the other jerk…” I was the one hesitant now.
“Hm… sounds good!” you nodded to yourself before smiling again.
 
You hurried yourself suddenly, your hand about to slip out of mine again – are you THIS embarrassed each time? Well, we were in front of your building already and I really didn’t want to let go. If I were to let you go, this would mean the end of this day. The end of the fake-couple-game… I was so close to my true feelings, I could not let this chance, this happiness go. So I gripped your hand tight again and, just like in these stupid movies Tae Hun and I watch, I spun you around before pulling you to me. Embracing you in a tight embrace. I couldn’t hear anything, my heartbeats covering any sound. But I do not think you said anything.
 
« How about we give it a try? (Give it a try) »
 
“Lia…?” I called out.
“Hm, yes?” gosh, you sounded cold but I knew you were stressed.
“When I asked you if you wanted everyday to be just like today… I meant it… For real.”
“Uh do you mean…?”
“In other words…” I let go of you so I could look at you in the eyes. “I meant what I said in front of Michaël. It’s not a joke. I really like you.” You stayed silent so I went on. My eyes were still deep in yours, I was hypnotized. “No, the truth is I love you. And it started the day I met you. I know it sounds cheesy. But, I would like to be with you… I’m fine with being friends however… I want… to give it a try.”

A smile appeared on your face but all I could do was staring, I didn’t dare to think about this smile’s meaning. What if I was wrong?
 
“Let’s… give it a try then…?”
 
« Give it a try… »
 
You said… yes? Did you say yes? In other words, this was meaning yes, right? Was… that the truth? Was that real? Could I fly? Could I jump? What could I do? Why did I stay still? Was I smiling like a silly person? I guess I was… I wanted so bad to take you back in my arms. And I could… now, couldn’t I?
 
“However…” What ‘However’? NO! Don’t say anything! Don’t take back your words after saying this, please. How could you scare me like this after making me feel like I had wings to fly? “What about your CEO, manager, fans…? It’s not I’m afraid but… I am a bit.”
 
There were moments I could hate and love you at the same time; this was one of them. Silly you! I remember how I chuckled as you were counting the few problems. I didn’t even care about them. As long as it was a yes to my answer… I could care less.
 
« I want to love you; baby, kiss and hug you. Now, I am asking girl, I love you… »
 
“And are you sure about it? Sorry to ask this… But I have-” You were babbling way too much so I cut you in, by taking you in my arms and gently kissing you. Nothing big, just a little and sweet kiss. I pulled back and smiled at you.
“I’m sure. Just as sure of it as I’m sure you talk too much…” You punched me.

 
And you still talk too much, even now. You still punch me TOO much as well... And I’m still sure about this love I confessed.
I love you.
 

PS: Joo Yeon teased me the whole day after, when we told her we were finally officially together. Our friends called us liars teasingly because we had told them the day before it was a fake. Oh, and you finally knew all the gifts left in your locker were from me, you guessed it. Michaël tried to have you back but I’m a jealous and protective boyfriend… So he couldn’t do anything and gave up some weeks after.
About my manager and CEO, they accepted our relationship after we went out for at least 100 days. It was their gift for our anniversary. They did want to see if it was serious first after all. They like you a lot. Especially since they discovered you were talented as well. They helped you become a singer then. I don’t really like your American fan-boys to tell the truth… A bunch of erts... But oh well, you’re mine! Finally, about the fans, we told them about our relationship in a conference after a year and some months. I think it was a bit obvious sometimes ; some fans had even written fanfics about the two of us (yes, I looked for it and you did as well).

Now, I want our story to last until and even after we die. Don’t ever leave me, Lia.