Why don't we Give it a Try?

Give it a Try ▬ OneShot
Min Woo’s POV:
 
I was a new student. Actually, I had been a Trainee for JYP and Star Empire Entertainment for quite a long time now. I was even supposed to be a part of 2PM. Yes, yes… I’m this good *bragging* haha. Sorry but I’m really proud of all the work I did so…
Well, back to the topic, you can figure out that I had to stop my studies for being a full time trainee and after that, I became a singer. Yes, you can imagine also I didn’t have the time to catch up with school even after. It’s a bit risky for me but I decided to go to a university in Japan. When I say ‘risky’, I mean, I’m not Japanese and it would be hard for me to understand everything. It has been three years since I started to learn this language but you never know… Regarding our fans, I choose a little university, nothing big so I won’t be too much in trouble. There are many strangers there, so it’s okay… What I didn’t know was the fact it was actually an American university (=_= let’s kill my manager for sending me there!) and I wasn’t this good in English. Thanks god, Kevin – my Australian citizen friend – was there to train me before attending it.
It was… six months ago. I was 22, about to be 23 during the year but I looked like a six years old kid going to school for the first time. There were SO many strangers that it felt like Japanese were the real strangers here! It was so big as well. I was just LOST. I bumped numerous times into people and even if some of them apologized, it was in a rush. I was bumping again into someone when I dropped everything on the floor, driving all the attention around to me. This was awkward. The person didn’t even look at me and ran away, apologizing from afar. Come on, what’s wrong with students here? Were all strangers – except me, obviously – this impolite? I sighed in frustration, tried hard not to curse already and bent down to catch my belongings. That was it when I felt someone near and saw a fragile tan hand grabbing some sheets.
 
« I'm feeling you, girl, no lie. You are feeling me, well, all right. »
 
I looked up and saw a bunch of medium-long dark hair. They were tied in two cute tails and bangs were covering the girl’s eyes, well, she was looking at the floor in addition… She was wearing a big down jacket and it was all I could tell in this position. I smiled, thanked her already when she looked up at me as well and smiled back at me.
 
« So beautiful inside and out… »
 
I paused a bit. She was definitely a cutie. A long shape face with nice cheekbones, deep dark-brown eyes shaped in an indescribable way, her lips were full and pink. Finally, I couldn’t afford to forget mentioning her nose… I was sent in another world and I pretended to look at my books and sheets to hide the fact.
 
“Is it okay?” she asked, handing me my belongings.
“Uh… Yeah, it’s alright. Just the shock and this lost feeling…” I said with a sigh, grabbing them.
“Sorry for that. Everyone is rushing here…” she nodded, giving me a half-smile.
“Yeah, I can see that… You’re the first one taking the time to help me and saying sorry when you didn’t do anything!”

She smiled at me plainly.

“You are a new student then?” I just nodded back, “My name is Lia Chance. Well, you can call me Lia or Reina – my Japanese name.”
“Nice to meet, Ha Min Woo.” I grinned at her and shook hands.
“Actually… I know who you are.” She chuckled, “I’m a fan…” She admitted before adding quickly and panicked, “But don’t misunderstand, I did this to help you not because you are a star!”
 
I chuckled and nodded at this. Of course, I knew that… Your politeness was something obviously natural.
From that moment on, we became good friends. Really good friends. There was not a day where at you wouldn’t look for me. Well, regarding the effect you had on me the first time, you can guess it was the same for me about you. If at first, it was just because you helped me there and because you were as well a real cutie… Slowly, it became more than just a crush; and the more we were getting closer, the more I was starting to develop deeper feelings. I didn’t have a hint about what you were thinking of me but you trusted me. It was obvious, you wouldn’t have talked to me this much else.
 
« Just want to talk… »
 
Each time we would talk or we would just be at the same place together, it was just like there were sparkles around. Even people would stop to interfere/talk and look at us exchanging. Plus, you helped me with English and my work, since you could speak Japanese and a little bit of Korean. It got us even closer considering the time we spend at it and together.
I even introduced you to some of ZE:A members, since you were a fan. The boys teased me a lot after that but it sort of felt good…
 
« Or a walk along the park; shall I get to know you. »
 
We would spend so much time together. Well, it wasn’t enough to me but people were really suspicious already about us. You did not care about people misunderstanding. And I, I was thinking it was just fun. Did we look good together?
Most of our time out of the university, we would spend it at my dorm, your room or the park. I’d take your hand, making it look as if it was no big deal and you would play along. Everything felt so natural… However, still I wasn’t able to confess. We were so different… Coming from different worlds. Moreover, if fans knew, it’d be hard for us. Nevertheless, when we were together, it was as if we could create another world space just for the two of us. Did you feel it like that as well? I had no idea. We had never talked about love in details. I knew I could fit your ideal type (according to the idols you liked and considering I was one of your favorite in ze:a), I just needed to gain some weight – that was what you were always complaining about – but…
So I was really shocked when a guy appear out from nowhere, courting you all day long. I remember how my heart beat at that time. I was suddenly so afraid and insecure. It was as if someone penetrated our world without our permission… or my permission at least. He was a robber who was about to steal your heart.
 
“Rei-chan (nickname), do you like him?” I asked ever so carefully.
“I don’t really know… but it’s the first time someone is acting this way towards me.”
 
My heart cracked a bit at this moment. First, you could have said “no” but you didn’t… That meant a lot already. You may have started to like him, perhaps… Second, you said it was the first time… The first time? What about me? I had been suffering in silence for months now ever since I laid my eyes on you, and you had not even realized it. I couldn’t even control my feelings at this moment and became all moody. I remember how rude I was that day, especially with you. I was mad, mad because you couldn’t see me and was about to give your love already to someone else. I was desperate. Couldn’t you see that? Tss... I was Ha Min Woo, an Idol and I was second to a stupid random boy, uh? I was just a boy like any other one when it was about you...
 
The problem about your personality is you hold grudges and you are excessively proud, Lia. So much that you get silly sometimes. So of course, you ignored me a little and acted cold after this. I was so taken aback and sad about it, I got even moodier. It was the first time something of the sort happened to us. Our friends were always like ‘Why aren’t you with Lia/Min Woo’ and we would shrug. When we happened to be at the same place, they would go all ‘Why don’t you talk to each other’ and it would get awkward after. Actually, I couldn’t recall why it became like this; all I knew is I hated it… My whole body hated it. My heart hated myself for being like this. Though, there was nothing to do at the moment. This boy and you were getting closer… Which made my heart bleed and I came to the decision to watch. I could recall as well how he would stare at me with that smirk with his arm around your shoulders… I deserved it for not listening to my heart.
 
Time passed by and I grew more pitiful, more depressed, more pathetic. KwangHee and Hee Chul would ask me every night what was wrong and try to cheer me up, to no real avail. I would look at our pictures on my phone; would peek at you and smile deep inside when you would laugh… I couldn’t stop to love you.
 
« The crazy thing is that I want you girl… »
 
An idea passed through my mind and from that moment on, I would occasionally dropped a gift in your locker (I knew the code, you asked me once to get you something so you told me it) or in front of your room. Of course, you thought it was that boy, Michaël, who still was courting you. However, you didn’t say or ask anything. You would sometimes bring my gifts and I would smile to myself. I didn’t care if this Michaël was taking all the blessings, still it was my gifts you liked, not his.
 
« …And I don’t care if anybody’s around. »
 
The April carnival’s day came and we had the whole day (after 10AM) off. I knew I would grow even more depressed than usual because of that silly day: most of the boys planned to spend the day with the girl they like. Even if you both (you and this guy) weren’t dating yet, it was a matter of time. It had been days though you and I finally talked again. It was so awkward but I felt so happy.
However, you know, the happier you are, the easier it is to be sad… This Carnival’s Day was going to be a good proof of how true this fact was.
 
I could remember the day before, how you mention you were taken for the Carnival:

“Yes… Michaël and I will spend some time out but nothing big…”
 
Nothing big, uh? It was something big to me! He for sure was going to ask you to be his girlfriend on that day or something at least like… kissing you? Ah really! Why couldn’t I just give up and move on already?

Again, that day, I was at the lockers and I placed in yours a plushy. I knew you liked stuffed-toys. I went away from it, so it wouldn’t be obvious it was me and I went to my locker. I saw you coming this way and, my…! You were stunning. You let your hair down for once and they were styled in a ‘poodle’ way. It was cute and refreshing. Your eyes were deeper and fiercer; thanks to the eyeliner. You were wearing a short with long socks and a plain t-shirt with a shirt as well. Your lips were pinker than the usual, obviously because you kept on biting them. I had never seen you blush, but that time was a first: was that even possible for you? However, something was sure: you were embarrassed. It was normal; most of the people were looking at you!
I tried hard to pretend I was into what I was doing but I ended up looking directly at you and smile. You waved back at me and hurried to your locker, next to me. I did want to see your reaction this time when discovering the gift. But of course, he HAD to come. Michaël grabbed you by the shoulders and kissed you, yeah KISSED you, on the cheek. I closed my locker abruptly and decided to run away. I was already fed up. However, a girl stopped me in my tracks by asking many questions. I would just smile, shrug, sometimes answer but I was focused on you and him. I watched you opening the locker from the corner of my eyes and saw you smile brightly.
 
“Aw this is so cute!” you exclaimed. You took the plushy in your hands, staring at it.
“Wow, Michaël, did you give her that?” some boy commented. I couldn’t help but clench my fist a bit.
“I? Of course, I did not… This . I have better to give.” He said with a sarcastic smile.
 
You looked at him and shrugged, looking back at the plushy with a smile.
 
“I don’t care, I like it.” You said with your eyes shining. It was enough to warm the cracked heart in my chest. Take that! I thought.
 
Michaël just shrugged and went away.
Wait. Someone’s giving the girl you like gifts and you don’t even care? I would be a psycho if someone would do that! I had this weird feeling inside… This guy couldn’t be worse than he already was to me, but for some reason, I was despising him more and more. How could I let you date him?
Our friends, who had gathered around me, brought me back down on Earth. They were talking about the day and try to find ideas about how to spend it.
 
“Lia and Michaël are going to spend the day together, right?” A friend asked.
“Of course!” another one answered as I tried hard not to listen.
“I’m not this sure about it…” A third one said. My attention finally focused on what they were saying. What was it?
“What do you mean? Michaël has been courting Lia for months now! Of course he’ll take the chance to ask her out on Carnival’s day!”
“Hm… I heard he was interested in another girl recently…”
 
My mind went blank for a minute. This bas**rd was slowly taking Lia’s heart only to already go after another one? I could feel all my muscles tensed at this. That couldn’t be the truth, could it be? You were the most wonderful person, who would leave you for another girl?
 
“Min Woo, are you joining us?” I looked up at them but I wasn’t able to answer or to tell what they were saying before… Therefore, I just nodded absent-mindedly.
The girls clapped excitedly “We have our star Min Woo with us!” I smiled but I wasn’t really into it.