Let Me Explain

Our Beautiful Friendship

"Oh my God..." Both said at the same time. 

~

  Key's room was a total mess. His clothes, books and mostly everything in his room was either destroyed or thrown around the room. Key was totally shocked and, the first thing he checked was his closet. Luckily only his pictures and, everything he has in memory of his parents were either down stairs or here in his box.

He turned around to see Jonghyun still in shock. 

"What did you do to your room?" Jonghyun asked

"I-I didn't do this..." Key stood there with his hands on his hips looking around

"Then who did?" 

"I don't kn-" That's when he just remember Sekyung, she brought out pictures of his parents. The only way she could have got those stuff if she got it from his room. "Sekyung?" 

"You think Sekyung did this? There's no way my Sekyung could have done this." 

"Are you kidding me?! She hates me..." Key argued *it doesnt really matter since i hate her aswell* 

"Woah..." Jonghyun was staring at Key's mirror in the corner. Someone had wrote on it.  'He's mine, stay away from him'

"In red lipstick too... hmm I wonder who was wearing red lipstick today. SEKYUNG!" Key yelled.

"NO SHE DIDN'T" Jonghyun yelled back 

"You're in denial. You are only saying that because she's your girlfriend. I'm going to make that pay!" 

"What did you say?" 

*Did I say that out loud?!* Key thought.

"I uh... I said you're in denial hyung" Key only called Jonghyun 'hyung'. When he knew something was wrong. Jonghyun didn't look so happy right now. 

"No Key... after that... about Sekyung" 

"I... I said... I'm going to..." 

"You're going to what Key?"

" YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT I SAID JONGHYUN! OKAY! WHY ARE YOU EVEN MAD AT ME. WHEN SEKYUNG WAS THE ONE THAT DID THIS TO MY ROOM?" Key yelled frustrated

"Yeah maybe I should be mad at her. But you just called her a ..." 

"WELL SHE IS ONE" 

"YOU-" Jonghyun got cut off when he saw Key's picture of them on his desk. Jonghyun walked over to the desk and picked up the picture. The frame and glass was broken. The picture inside was ripped in half, dividing Key and Jonghyun. "Why? Key... WHY?!" Jonghyun yelled he felt his heart tear just like the picture did. 

"I DIDN'T DO THAT! Sekyung did!"

"WHY WOULD SHE DO THIS?!" Jonghyun yelled while a tear fell from his eye to his cheek. 

"I didn't do this. I swear I would never do that!" 

"Why would you do this Key?!" Jonghyun took that picture when they first met. Key and Jonghyun still had their natural brown hair. They were in their school uniforms and Jonghyun's arm was around Key's shoulder. They both had big smiles. 

" I DIDN'T DO THIS! WHY WON'T YOU BELIEVE ME?! WHY JONGHYUN WHY WON'T YOU BELIEVE ME?! EVER SINCE SHE CAME ALONG YOU'VE BEEN DIFFERENT AND I LOST THE JONGHYUN I ONCE KNEW!" 

"Key..." Jonghyun was suprised from Key's comment

"NO NOW YOU WON'T BELIEVE ME?! I THOUGHT WE WERE BEST FRIENDS? DONT I MATTER ANYMORE TO YOU?!" 

"WE ARE BEST FRIENDS!" But Jonghyun knew Key wanted to be more than friends. "I DON'T KNOW OKAY... I'm just really confused right now." 

"Boys? Why are you yelling?" Key's grandmother had came home but, they were too busy yelling to hear her come in. "KIM KIBUM WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR ROOM?!" 

"Jonghyun happened..." he couldn't even look at Jonghyun right now. 

"W-what..." She was shocked to hear that. Jonghyun and Key never fought ever... 

"Key..." Jjong looked at crying Key

"No Jonghyun. Who do you believe? Me or Sekyung?" 

" I-I don't know Key..." 

"Leave..." Key pointed to the knobless door

"Key... I-I don't kn-" 

"LEAVE JONGHYUN NOW" 

"Jonghyun-sshi I think it's best if you left Kibummie alone right now so he can have time to think this over." 

"Key... I'm sorry." Jonghyun began crying, he was frustrated. He wants to believe that Sekyung didn't do this but its Sekyung.. he loves her so much but he loves his best friend as well. Key never lies to him. 

"LEAVE HYUNG" 

"I'm sorry Key. I'm sorry" Jonghyun said as he left Key's room.

 

JJong's POV 

 

'He hates me. He hates me now.' That's all that was on my mind. I didn't know what to feel. I was heartbroken but also mad at the same time. I need to talk to Sekyung this needs to get cleared up NOW

 It took me a while to reach Sekyung's house but I finally made it. I knocked on her door and...

"JAGIYA!" Sekyung yelled and hugged me. "Come in!" 

"No" 

"What? Why Oppa? Is something wrong?" 

"You. That's what's wrong." 

"Oppa are you breaking up with me?" She said and covered her face as if she was going to cry.

"I don't know... but.. we need to talk." 

"Okay about what oppa?"

"STOP CALLING ME THAT! I HAVE A NAME! YOU KNOW! WE WERE BORN IN THE SAME YEAR" I yelled and I saw how she flinched. 

"W-what did I do?" Sekyung pouted at me 

"WHAT DIDN'T YOU DO?! YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID! NOT ONLY DID YOU DESTROY ALMOST EVERYTHING IN KEY'S ROOM BUT YOU ALSO DESTROYED MY FRIENDSHIP WITH HIM. HE HATES ME NOW" 

"Don't over react Jonghyun. I'm sure he doesn't hate you. Plus how can you prove that was me?" 

"YOUR LIPSTICK IT'S THE SAME... color?" Her lips weren't red anymore they were pink. 

"What?" 

"But it was..." I said while pointing at her lips

"See I have pink lips not red so there was no way I could have written that on his mirror." She said without realizing Jonghyun didn't even explain what color or that someone had wrote something on his mirror.

"I didn't say what color it was. Plus how did you know that someone wrote something on his mirror?"

"I-I... Oppa you are just tired come on." She grabbed my arm but I pulled it away from her grasp. "Oppa?"

"WE'RE DONE SEKYUNG GOT THAT!" I was so mad. I want nothing to do with her. 

"B-but oppa I love you..."

"DON'T GIVE ME THAT BULL!.. We're done Sekyung. Don't ever talk to me again" 

 I ran away before she can say anything else. I'm so mad. Why would she do this? What does she have against my Kibum-ah? Let's just hope she doesn't do anything else like this again. 

 

Sekyung POV

"DON'T GIVE ME THAT BULL!.. We're done Sekyung. Done ever talk to me again" Then he ran.

What was I so pose to do. Only if I just shut up. Only if he knew Key's little gay secret. This wont be the end Kim Jonghyun. 

 

~Next Day ~ 

 

Jonghyun's POV 

 

 "UGHHH" I groan as I wake up. I couldn't get any sleep last night. I kept thinking about Key. I wonder if he's okay. I got out of bed and went downstairs. 

"YA JJONGIE!" Sodam was always first to wake up. 

"Annyeong noona." I was still half asleep but I replied. 

"It's about time you wake up! It's already 3!" 

"WHAT?! HOW IS IT -" I yelled as I looked around for a clock.

"I'm kidding it's 11 but, still it's getting late."

"Mmph where's umma and appa?" 

"Umma went out she's going to Incheon for the day. Apparently her friends and her are going to hang out I guess." 

"Hang out? Friends? I didn't know umma had friends." 

"Neither did I." she giggled. "Appa is at work. He said he's going to come home a little late. Did you hear them last night?" 

"What no. What happened? Did they fight again?"

"Yeah" She said as she brushed her hair with her fingers. " I guess I'll be going. I need to go pick up my books from Ailee. She borrowed them last week." 

"Oh okay. I don't really have any plans today." 

"Okay. I'll be going. Bye Jjongie." She said as she hugged me. 

"I love you noona." 

"What? What's wrong?" She looked at me like I was an alien. 

"No nothing's wrong. I just wanted to say I love you." 

"Oh. I love you too Jjongie." 

 

After she left I got some cereal and went back up to my room. I couldn't stop thinking about Key. I checked my phone and nothing. I usually got morning messages from Sekyung. But not today and probably not ever again. I wanted to call Key but, I was too nervous. I found his number. I hesitated but I pressed the call button. 

Ring. Ring, Ring. Ring. Ring. and nothing 

'Annyeong this is Key! Sorry I couldn't reach you! YAH IM KIM JONGHYUN DONT MESS WITH MY KIBUM-AH ARRASSO?! YAH KIM JONGHYUN LEAVE' 

Beep. 

" K-Key? I miss you... I broke up with Sekyung yesterday. She did do it. I'm sorry I didn't believe you. Please call me back. I love you.. Bye." 

I hung up the phone. I tell him I love him all the time but this time felt.. different

 

Key's POV

  

'Please call me back. I love you.. Bye' 

"Ughh!" I rolled around the bed. 

' 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 Game Over Game Over ooh Game Over' Lee Hi's 1.2.3.4 song came on. 

"I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU JONGHYUN!" I yelled as I grabbed my phone. But it wasn't Jonghyun it was CL.

     CL is a girl I met at the mall. It started when she asked me what color hair color would look better on her. Although I was a stranger I gave her my honest opinion. She had blonde hair and she was wearing the cutest clothes. She was deciding between red or brown. I told her neither I told her to go with black. After I went shopping for some shoes I passed by the salon again. The ajumma that was doing her hair just finished. CL turned around showing that she approved her new  look and saw me at the door. She ran to me and hugged me. "Thank You! Thank you I love it! You were so right!" she yelled. "I knew you would!" I hugged her back and laughed at her cuteness. "I'm Lee Chaerin but I prefer to be called CL. And you?" I like her name and she's very pretty. "I'm Kim Kibum but I liked to be called Key." "Key? Nice to meet you!" Ever since then we've been friends. We fight a lot though. We have a lot in common and she's my only shopping buddy so I can't let her go. 

I answered the phone. "Finally! Geez Key I thought you were ignoring me!"

I chuckled."No I'm not." 

"Hey are you okay? You don't sound good. Are you sick?" I loved how she was always there for me. But so was Jonghyun and I do miss him. I really miss him...

"Yeah I'm fine." I lied. 

"No you're not I can tell. I'm coming over. See you in 20. " She invited herself over. 

     I decided to get ready. My blonde hair was fading again. My brown roots were now more noticeable. I think it's time for a change. I should change the color. Hmm but what color? By the time I was done I heard a knock on the front door. 

"Hey Chae." 

"Hey Key. Okay tell me what's wrong?" 

"Is that really why you came over? Nothing's wrong!" 

"YAH KIM KIBUM DON'T LIE TO ME!" 

"fine.." 

After I told her about everything and showed her my room.

She yelled "THAT !" 

"Yeah I know.." 

"You miss him. Don't you?" she leaned against the door with her arms folded

"Yeah..." 

"Okay then, this is where I come in! I'm going to take you out!" 

"What? Where?" 

"Let's go shopping. You need new clothes. This is the 3rd time I've seen you wear that this month." CL has always been this way. She loves clothes, so do I but she seems to love them more. 

"Fine let me go get my phone." I got my phone from the counter and saw that Jonghyun called me and left me a whole mess of voicemails.

"I'll keep that!" CL yelled as she grabbed the phone from my hand. "No Jonghyun! Today is about me and you. No Jonghyun got it?!" 

"But.." 

"Got it?!"

"Fine..." 

 

We were at the salon and I was getting my hair dyed. I decided to go with black. CL is dying her hair brown. 

"Not too bad Key, not to bad." She said as she tangled her fingers in my new black hair.

"I kinda like it." 

"Now that's done, let's go shopping!" she yelled and grabbed my arm. 

Shopping with CL was the best. I got high platform shoes,  new sun glasses and a biker jacket. While she got 3 pairs of new heels, new no lense glasses, jeans, shorts, and a new phone cover. Our taste in clothes is so similar. Sometimes I think she's the female version of me. 

"Let's go get something to eat. I'm tired from walking." She said as I heard her stomach grumble which made me laugh. 

"Yeah let's go." We walked over to the food court and we both got sushi. 

"My treat!" She yelled as she paid for the food. 

"You shouldn't have. Sushi is really expensive we could have split it." 

"No I wanted to and you're going to let me!" I decided not to argue with her.

"So how is Gd and you?" 

"I haven't seen him in a while. He's been touring in Japan with BIGBANG." You tell how much she missed him but she brushed it off and said "He calls me when ever he has the chance." 

"Do you love him?" 

"Of course I do! We've been dating for 2 years now!" 

"Good! You should! You two match perfectly." 

"You think so?" she asked and smiled

"Sure do!" 

"YA BLONDIE IS THAT YOU!" oh how great.. Minho 

"Minho?" 


10/18/14 ~ edited