3

L O N E L Y

“Uhm, hi.” Luhan greeted his two childhood friends awkwardly.

Baekhyun and Jieun staring at him with different curiousity, Jieun’s heart beating so damn fast, she hold her smile hardly, she still confuse what the best reaction for him.

For her crush.

For her very first crush who doesn’t even know her longing of his love.

All Jieun want to know now is why Luhan wearing same uniform as her. And standing here, at her school. And Jieun couldn’t imagine if that ‘things’ truly happen. That can’t be true!

While Baekhyun keep staring at Luhan, wondering who he is, why is he here and why he is greeted Jieun and him. From his expression, he know who they’re. But that face is really strange for him, or Baekhyun just missed new student on this school?

Instead just keep quiet like Jieun, Baekhyun asked to him.”W… Who are you?”

“Luhan.” Whispered Jieun, and Luhan look surprised when Jieun mention his name.

“wow. You’re still remember me. I didn’t expect that..” Jieun almost choked but managed to keep calm. She didn’t expect that Luhan would be able to heard her low voice.

“L..Luhan?”Baekhyun repeated, looked at Luhan carefully. “You’re really Luhan? That Luhan?!” Baekhyun couldn’t believe.

“hey Baek.”Luhan smile awkwardly to him.

This had been a long time since they play together at the backyard, studied together and did their homework together, went to school together and got punished together too. Luhan just realize that he’s missing that moment so much, missing his childhood friends too. Baekhyun and Jieun.

And Luhan regretted a bit his decision to spend his three years in Canada because, because of this Baekhyun - his best buddy couldn’t recognize him.

“It’s been a long time.”said Luhan, hoping Baekhyun will welcomed him warmly but no.

Baekhyun doesn’t even smile to him. Baekhyun is remind quiet.

But by the way, how could Baekhyun be able to smile to him after all this time?

He left. He choose not to stay but left them.

And Baekhyun still remember clearly how much Jieun cried that day.

That day when Luhan just left them without a single of words.

And now he is here out of nowhere, smiled to them like nothing happened. Baekhyun really want to punch him on the face.

But before Baekhyun could do that, suddenly Mrs.Lee, their music teacher passed them and notice Baekhyun. And she’s seems surprised.

“Baekhyun is that you?!’ she almost shouted. Then Baekhyun remember he have a recital next month which is two weeks ahead. After his family car accident he didn’t remember anything about his outside world and locked himself, waiting for nonsense thingy, keep telling himself that his family will comeback because he’s too scared to face the reality, but then Jieun make it clear for him and that the reason why he is standing right now, here.

“Yes, Mrs.Lee. it’s me.”

“oh, Baekhyun where have you been!” Mrs.Lee sighed in relief and and hugged Baekhyun at a glance.

“we had many trouble since your absent. We couldn’t do the practice because our pianist and main vocalist wasn’t here. We almost replace you, and that’s not a very good idea.”

Baekhyun just smiled a little.”Thanks for not replacing me, Mrs.Lee.”

“yeah, I don’t want to either.”Mrs.Lee smiled and patted Baekhyun’s shoulder, and at that time Mrs.Lee finally noticed Luhan.

“oh, you’re that new transferred student?”

Luhan smiled,”yes, Ma’am. It’s me.”

“oh, you’ve come! All teachers was talking about you. Did you’ve come to the office? Oh, not yet? Then just go to the office and register some things. Do you know where the office is, Mr…?”

“Mr.Xi, I’m Xi Luhan. But much for your disappointment, I don’t know where office is, I’m sorry Mrs…Lee.”

Mrs.Lee looks confused.”I must discuss something with Baekhyun, so I can’t accompany you, Mr.Xi.”

And then Mrs.Lee smiled brightly when she saw Jieun who stay quiet all this time.”Ms.Lee! glad you’re here. You’ve many free times, are you? Please accompany Mr.Xi to the office, and it’ll be good if you give him a tour before first lesson started.”

Baekhyun and Jieun was surprised at the same time, and Luhan just smiled, he don’t want to lost in his new school by the way. and Jieun is the best for him to be his guide.

“But Mrs.Lee, I have to –“

“Mrs.Lee, Jieun have many things to do.”Baekhyun cut off.

He doesn’t want Jieun to accompany Luhan. No-way. And Mrs.Lee look at two of them with curiousity.

“What’s the matter? everybody has their own business, but I think you can spare a little time just for our new transferred student, make him comfortable in his new school. If I don’t have a serious problem with Baekhyun right now I’ll be the one who accompany this student although I must prepared myself for my classes. So, I beg you, Ms.Lee.”

And no one can deny Mrs.Lee decision after what she said. She bring Baekhyun along with her to music room, and left the two.

Jieun sighed. She really really not ready for this. When Luhan left her, she had so many question, she had so many things to told, but…. She doesn’t know what to do firstly, right now.

What should she say?

Should she smile, and greeted him?

Should she hugged him, told him that she missed him so damn much?

Or should she just ignore him, mad at him, made him regret his decision to left her and Baekhyun?

Jieun sighed., again. She won’t be able to do that things.

“so… will you accompany me Jieun?”Luhan break the silence, make Jieun surprised a bit because his sudden soft voice, but luckily she able to keep her expression keep flat.

“uhm, yeah. Mrs.Lee told me so.”Jieun hope she doesn’t look too weird or too nervous. oh damn! What is this! I’m not ready for this! Back to your normal self, Lee Jieun! Jieun curse herself.

“yeay. So can you accompany me to the office, right now? The first lesson start at about 15minutes later. I want to take a tour before first lesson, so we can’t waste our time.” Jieun just nodded – hope it’s not look awkward.

She take a first step.

And Luhan following behind her.

Luhan smiled secretly. “you’re still a cutie, especially when your cheeks turned red, Lee Jieun.”Luhan mumbled to himself.