ii

Episodes of Tom + Jerry

 

6
 

Seungri has been growing up.

And by up, Jiyong means up. Where did all the extra height come from? Jiyong frowns and checks the soles of Seungri’s shoes when he’s not looking, but no, maknae has not been splurging in the shoelift department.

He just... grew.

Jiyong tries to stop Seungri’s uncontrollable growth. “Stop drinking milk,” he complains when Seungri pours himself a bowl of cereal. “And you don’t need to eat breakfast every day. Only weekends.”

Seungri’s eyebrows knit together because that’s not what his trainer told him. “But hyung-”

“No, do what I say, Seungri. Drink water instead.”

“With my cereal!?”

Seungri objects but Jiyong just drops the milk carton in the trash can and leaves it at that.

It doesn’t work, of course, and Jiyong is dismayed. He feels like he’s been betrayed - Seungri is supposed to be the maknae, the dongsaeng, the baby, the panda cub. He’s not allowed to be taller than the leader. He’s not!

“Why does it even matter?” asks Seungri.

“It matters because,” Jiyong mutters, and stalls. “Because…”

Seungri waits and Jiyong huffs.

“…because I’m not the girl in this relationship!”

 
 
 
 


7
 

“Paper, scissors, rock!”

“I win!”

“No, wait, let’s do it best out of three.”

“Hyung...!”

“C’mon, baby...”

“...”

“Pleeeeease?”

“...Paper, scissors, rock - I win.”

“Ah - I wasn’t ready!”

“That’s bullsh-”

“PAPER! SCISSORS! ROCK!”

“Hyung, I win agai - hey! You can’t change from scissors to paper, you cheater!”

“...fiiiiiiiine, since I’m soo nice, I’ll let you have that one... Next game decides the winner! Ready!”

“...Paper...”

“Scissors~!”

“-rock...”

“I WIN!”

“...Hyuuung! Using dynamite is against the rules.”

“Pfsh! You can’t please kids these days. Oh well, I’m older. I get the last strawberry.”

“Wha- Hey! You’re so unfair! Jiyongie-hyung!”

“Don’t give me that face, Seungri-yah. I’ll make it up to you, okay? We’ll play one more game-”

“-and you’ll just cheat again-”

“-and if I win-”

“-but who cares, I mean, it’s Kwon Jiyong so screw the rules and-”

“-I get a kiss, deal?”

“-it doesn’t matter what maknae thinks, does it - wait, what?”

“Hyung - hyung, wait-”

“-scissors-”

“I never said I agreed...!”

“...rock.”

Jiyong wins, and he doesn’t even have to cheat.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
8
 
 
“Hyung.”

There are a hundred things Jiyong feels like saying, like what the hell are you doing up and can’t you see I’m trying to sleep, but Seungri sounds so small and so scared that bites back all his words and just sighs.

“What.”

“Hyung, can I...” The mattress sinks a little as Seungri slides a leg under the blankets, followed by the rest of his body, hanging precariously on the edge of the bed. Jiyong breathes out, long and slow, rolling over to make space - but even so, Seungri hooks his arms around Jiyong’s waist and they lie pressed together but not uncomfortable.

They lie for a while, just Seungri and Jiyong and Silence. And suddenly -

“Huh. I kinda miss this.” Seungri laughs quietly like he can’t believe his own words.

“Miss what?”

“You know. Us, I guess.” A short, nervous pause. “I mean - well - when we shared a room, and, I -”

“It’s okay, Seungri. I miss us too.”
 
And Seungri lets out a tiny, tiny sigh that Jiyong is not supposed to hear, tightening his arms around his hyung’s slim body, drifting off to sleep at last.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
9
 

“Y’know what, Seungri?” Jiyong lies on his side, looking at the world turned ninety degrees. He’s bored and he feels like pissing someone off.

“Hmm?”

“You... have really girly hands.”

“E-Excuse me?” Seungri holds them up to the light, examining them like a foreign specimen. “They’re not girly!”

“You’re right, that’s not the proper word. Feminine.”

Seungri shakes his head, closes his eyes and Jiyong very nearly expects him to plug his ears and yell I can’t hear you. “I’m really manly, thank you very much - I mean, at least I don’t go shopping with a bunch of models-”

“-only because they wouldn’t be caught dead in public with you.” Jiyong delivers his stinging blow with a lot of smirk and only a twinge of guilt.

“Hyuuung,” says Seungri, like whining pathetically is any excuse for a comeback. “Well - well, you have a face like a girl’s.”

“At least I don’t squeal like a girl.”

“Yeah, well, at least I don’t kiss like a girl!” There’s a brief pause that feels like an eternity as Seungri’s brain catches up with his mouth.

Jiyong only grins wider. “At least I don’t like it.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
10
 
 
Jiyong swears that Seungri could be blasting music (his own songs, probably) through his headphones at full volume, sit in a soundproof studio with no windows and still  hear the tinkle of the ice cream truck.
 
“Hyung! Hyung, let’s get some ice cream!”
 
“You had some last week!”
 
“Yeah, a week is seven whole days.”
 
“Actually, today’s Monday, and you just had some yester-”
 
Hyung, if you keep talking we’re going to miss out.”
 
“Take Seunghyun instead.”
 
Seungri gives Jiyong the Look.
 
“Okay, fine, Youngbae’s happy to-”
 
“Youngbae-hyung is at church apologizing profusely to God because he missed church yesterday.”
 
“Daesung-”
 
Seungri gives Jiyong another Look, turning to sudden terror when the tinkling music stops, signalling the imminent departure of the truck and its vast supplies of ice cream. “Hyung, we have to go now!
 
“Aish - Seungri - I’m really busy. Let go of me.”
 
Skinny, bony Jiyong is actually really heavy, Seungri discovers, but it’s probably due to the multitude of rings and bracelets adorned on his stick-thin arms. “Oh, hyung,” says Seungri, and he’s on his knees now, fluttering his eyelashes and sticking out his bottom lip. “Come on. We’ll share, if you want.”
 
Jiyong looks back at the pile of papers he is supposed to be filling out, and tells himself he writes really quickly, so maybe a five minute break shouldn’t do too much harm, really... Fine,” says Jiyong, and he makes sure his face wears a suitably annoyed expression. After all, Seungri shouldn’t get used to this. “But only if we get the one with the chocolate sprinkles.”