Nature of The Experiment

Nature of The Experiment

     "You think science has advanced enough that a guy could get pregnant?"

     Minho looked up from his book to see Kibum's eyes peering at him from over the edge of the bunk above his. He had not even noticed the other boy was in the room when he had retreated into it to catch up on his reading. Kibum had to have been laying quietly up there for a least an hour before asking the bizarre question.
 
     Minho stared up into what he could see of Kibum's face, trying to figure out what he was thinking. It was no secret Kibum wanted to have a child. Ever since Hello Baby ended a few weeks ago, he had been moping around, complaining to anyone who would listen about how much he missed Yoogeun. His misplaced affection had been redirected towards Taemin, who was now plotting a full on rebellion. Helping him with homework or making him a midnight snack was fine, but wanting to dress him or help him to the bathroom was getting downright creepy. That morning, Taemin had nearly bitten off Kibum's fingers when he decided the maknae could not feed himself. Minho had to admit though, the spanking incident had been rather amusing. At least until Taemin's elbow managed to give Kibum a bloody nose. Minho had spent the subsequent hour convincing Kibum that disemboweling your dongseng with a spatula could be considered child abuse.
 
     But none of that explained why Kibum would be asking about male pregnancy. Giving up the impossible task of trying to figuring out the enigma that was Kibum, Minho asked, "What?"
 
     Instead of answering, Kibum cocked his head to the side, continuing to stare until Minho began to feel uncomfortable with the scrutiny. 
 
     "I bet any kid of yours would be gorgeous," Kibum finally stated matter-of-factly. "Combined with my genes, he'd be the definition of perfect."
 
     Minho raised an eyebrow. What exactly was Kibum implying? "You want me to get you pregnant?"
 
     Kibum smiled widely. "Don't you think we'd make a great child? And we already know that for raising a kid, you're really the only viable option. Although," Kibum's nose wrinkled as he contemplated an unpleasant thought. "I don't know if I could handle being pregnant for nine months. And I don't wanna get fat." Minho could see his eyes light up as another thought occurred to him. "We could have a test tube baby!"
 
     The lead rapper stared into the other's eyes, trying to see if he could read any hidden intentions held there. "Are you serious?"
 
     Smile effortlessly transforming into a smirk, Kibum asked, "What, no one ever tell you they wanna have your baby?"

     "No one who was a guy," Minho almost scoffed. Well, that was not entirely true. There had been that one fanboy, but he was not going to admit that to Kibum when he was looking at him like that. He watched as Kibum's perfect lips turned into a small pout. 
 
     "Fine, I guess I'll have to ask Onew-hyung." Kibum jumped down from the top bunk, nose wrinkling again at another abhorrent thought. "But what if his sangtae is genetic?"
 
     Without thinking, Minho reached out and grabbed Kibum's wrist before he could leave. He pulled the smaller boy back towards him, accidently resulting in Kibum sitting in his lap, their faces just inches apart. He could feel the other's breathing quicken at their close proximity. Kibum's pink lips were parted slightly and Minho felt hypnotized, watching as his tongue swiped out to wet them. His brain refused to function properly, so he let his body move on it's own, one arm wrapping around Kibum's waist to pull him impossibly closer as his other hand cupped the boy's blushing face. He leaned in for a gentle, hesitant kiss, but it quickly deepened. They only pulled away when breathing became necessary, panting heavily as they leaned their foreheads together.
 
     "Don't even think about asking anyone else."
 
     A cocky smile spread across Kibum's lips, even as he continued trying to catch his breath. "Does that mean you'll do it?"
 
     "It means I think your crazy," Minho replied, hands caressing Kibum's sides. He smiled triumphantly at the way Kibum shuddered when he slipped his hands under the smaller rapper's shirt. "But I wouldn't mind trying," 
 
     "You know it can't be done the traditional way?" Kibum asked, warm breath tickling Minho's ear. His reward was a sultry smile.
 
     "We won't know until we try," Minho whispered against Kibum's mouth before pulling him back in for another deep kiss.
 


A/N: Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it! Lemme know what you think.

You can read the sequel here