[1/6]

Unforgivable

I stretch tiredly in my seat as we touch down in Beijing. Removing my headphones and placing them around my neck, I stand up and pull my luggage from above the seats before the mad rush begins. Glancing to Minseok, he stares back, but his eyes are empty. I give him a concerned look, but his gaze moves away hastily. Making a mental note to figure out later what was bothering him, I follow Tao into the aisle.

Once off the plane I attempted to make my way over to Xiumin, but he kept speeding away whenever I got even a little bit close to him. Grabbing his wrist I try to spin him around. However, before I can say anything to him, he sends a glare and shrugs his arm out of my grasp. I frown in confusion, but I keep walking until we make it to our van outside the airport. Our manager ushers us in to the vehicle, and as I am about to hop in beside Minseok he pulls a puzzled looking Chen to his side.

“Sit with me Chen Chen,” he says smiling to our other Korean member.

A look of shock forms on my face before I finally jump in and head to the back as the manager yells over the fans at me to hurry up. The other members all glance curiously between Xiumin and I. Settling in beside me, Lay sends me a questioning look. Just as confused, I shrug my shoulders sadly, and I stare at the back of the older boy’s head as he talks happily with Chen.

“Baozi?” I whisper while tapping his shoulder lightly.

Minseok ignores me blatantly and puts his headphones in to tune me out further. The van pulls away from the curb and we make our way out of the parking lot to head to our dorms. After a few minutes everyone begins talking to one another and I try to get my boyfriend’s attention once again.

“Min, can we talk?” I whisper quietly into the ear he had taken one of the buds out of when he had asked our manager a question.

He waves me away with his hand and turns to face forward completely. Puffing out his cheeks like he usually does when he is upset, Minseok stares out the front window with an angry glare. Pulling my phone from my pocket, I text him quietly. I hear a ding after a minute and a loud sigh follows from in front of me. He doesn’t turn around or reply to my message so I try once more.

“Baby, what’s the mat-” I don’t get the last word out before Xiumin is spinning around to cut me off.

“Jesus, Luhan!” He yells, effectively silencing the entire van. “Obviously, I don’t want to talk to you so please continue to pester me!”

My mouth hangs open in shock, but he doesn’t stop.

“Can’t you just shut up for once? No one ever gets a moment of peace with your stupid mouth moving all the time! Give it a rest already!”

Turning around he plugs his ears and blares his music. I can feel everyone’s eyes on me, watching and waiting for my reaction. Moving like a zombie, I scoot towards the window and stare out it aimlessly while pulling my headphones on over my ears. I don’t turn any music on because my trembling hands don’t seem to want to cooperate with me anymore. Thankfully, the other members stop staring and fall into an awkward silence from the bun’s explosion.

With the stillness hovering over everyone, I fall into my own thoughts.

We had been perfectly fine right before our plane ride. He had even said I love you at the coffee shop. So what happened in that two hours that made Minseok so mad at me? I hadn’t sat next to him or been able to even take a small glance at him when we were up in the air. He couldn’t be mad at that, could he? When I first saw him after we landed he wasn’t mad though, he looked depressed about something. But what did I do?

I scrunch my nose as I try not to make any noise. Against all my willpower a single tear falls down the side of my face as his earlier words replay through my head. Have I really just been an annoying pest to him? I don’t think I talk that much. But, if Min thinks I’m annoying then the others must think so as well and just aren’t saying anything out of some sort of kindness.

Suddenly a hand rests on my thigh. When I glance up, Lay is looking at me with an expression filled with sympathy. I quickly wipe my face and smile brightly, acting as if nothing was wrong when really I was breaking down on the inside. He doesn’t move away, but instead grabs my hand tightly in a comforting manner.

I continue to beam at him and eventually turn to stare out the window, watching the passing scenery. After a little while Yixing moves his hand away. When I look over he is fast asleep and cuddled up with his backpack in his lap. I grin at the sight before turning back to my lonely solitude, the phony smile immediately disappearing from my face.

We still have a ways to go before we are back to our own home, and I rest my head against the window in an attempt to stop the unnerving feeling that tingled in my stomach. The sun was beginning to set behind the city’s buildings on the horizon making the sky an array of a vibrant red and orange combination, but the beautiful sight didn’t seem all that majestic today.

I can feel a pair of eyes on me and a shiver runs down my spine. I know who it was; the cold glare was a dead giveaway. Even without looking I knew it was my, hopefully, not ex-boyfriend. Thoughts from earlier came bubbling back like a hard slap to the face and I could feel a miserable frown begin to form on my face.

With the piercing scowl turning back to me every now and again, our ride to the dorms seemed a lot longer than it should have been. For a brief moment I wondered if our manager was going slower on purpose, but then I realized everyone was as tense as me after Baozi’s sudden outburst.

An unbearably long hour passed before we finally pulled onto our street.

Coming to a stop, Minseok drags Jongdae out of the van in a hurry and practically runs with him into the building. I don’t realize it, but I catch myself staring after him longingly, wishing I was the one he was clinging to and pulling into our room to share an intimate moment or just cuddle on the couch while watching a movie.

Kris clears his throat loudly from the front seat, tearing my attention away from the two fleeing Koreans. Plastering the fake smile onto my face once again, I turn to Yixing and shake him awake gently as Kris does the same for the sleeping panda behind him.

The four of us, along with our manager, trudge up the stairs sluggishly to the dorm and our warm beds that await us. Yifan opens the door and immediately drops his bags right inside the door, despite the harsh scolding from Minseok the last time we were here and left the place a mess, and makes his way towards the bathroom, no doubt to take a long, hot shower. Our manager moves towards his and Tao’s shared bedroom to get some much needed sleep, whereas the panda trots after Kris to most likely accompany him. Taoris much? Out of the corner of my eye I can see Lay making his way to the kitchen, but right now all I wanted to do was find my Baozi.

But, it was just my luck for my phone to go off at that exact moment.

I curse to myself and pull the buzzing device out of my pocket, frustrated at the distraction. Swiping the screen, I unlock it and notice a new message from Sehun.

From Hunnie:
Luhan! >:( You left without giving me back my shirt! Where is it? You didn’t take it to China with you, did you??

I roll my eyes at his childishness and I can’t help but crack a smile. I quickly reply to him while I walk into the living room and plop down on the couch.

To Hunnie:

XP I did! I was going to wear it tomorrow to our interview because it’s comfy! Hope you don’t mind too much~

I continue to text the maknae back until I feel lasers being shot into the back of my head. Turning to look over my shoulder, Minseok and Chen both stare at me for a second, a mixture of anger and sadness fill their eyes. Quickly, they go into the other room, probably hoping to not have to look at me anymore. I sigh and put my phone away, ignoring the newest message from Sehun.

As I am about to get up from my spot, both Tao and Kris walk out of the bathroom. The panda with a towel wrapped around his lower half and Kris donned in some ridiculous pajama bottoms. Tao waves at me happily before going back into his room to change while the leader sits on the sofa adjacent to me, pulling on his tank top languidly. Lay enters the room next, holding a notepad and pen.

“I was going to order some food and go pick it up.” Yixing explains, motioning towards his list. “What do you guys want?”

Giving him our requests, the unicorn shoots us a smile and walks back into the kitchen to call the restaurant, leaving Kris and I awkwardly sitting on the couches together.

“So, Luhan…” Kris says while twiddling his thumbs lazily. “What happened between you and Minseok?”

My body goes lax and I let my head drop to the back of the couch. I groan in despair and I’m pretty sure the sight looked ridiculous, but I really didn’t care right now, especially when I had been wondering the exact same thing all day.

“I don’t know!” I reply quickly and maybe a little bit too loudly. “We were perfectly fine before our plane ride. Did something happen when he was sitting back with you guys?”

Thinking for a second, Kris looks puzzled as he wracks his brain. His mouth forms an ‘o’ as he remembers something, and I lean forward, a questioning look covering my features.

“He watched a video a couple of times. It looked like it was an interview of some sort where this guy was continuously talking. After that, Minseok looked really upset the entire ride.”

Video? It didn’t make sense. Baozi wasn’t one to get angry over little things, and all twelve of the members knew better than to watch the derogatory things people came up about us. But, why would some video make him angry with me? I felt hurt by Minseok going to Chen instead of me, and it only added fuel to my thoughts. In the end I decided that I needed to see the video at all costs.

Just then, both Minseok and Yixing walked in while wearing their coats, Chen trailing behind them. I watched as they asked Kris to come with them to get the food, completely ignoring me, and the leader trying to get out of it, seeing as how he wasn’t dressed for the cold weather and his hair was still damp. Lay glanced over to me, pleading me with his eyes to do something. I understood immediately and stood up, drawing the other four’s attention.

“I’ll go,” I offer with a fake smile.

I can see Chen out of the corner of my eye glance to the bun near me, but I pretend no to. Minseok hesitates for a second before finally giving in. He nods while looking past me. I smile broadly and leave to get my own coat, hurt that my own boyfriend didn’t want me to go with him. As we are about to leave, Chen chimes in, saying he will go too, and Xiumin perks up a little. After that, the two Koreans clung to one another and walked a little ways ahead of Lay and I all the way to the shop.

When we entered, the other three stayed near the door while I walked up to the counter to pay. The man behind the counter gave me a very enthusiastic smile as he told me the amount, and I assumed he recognized us. He told me that it would be just a little longer until our food was ready, and as I was about to turn back, he nervously asked me for an autograph. Not wanting to be rude, I smiled at him and took the offered pen. Sliding the paper back across the counter, his smile grows even more.

“Thank you, you are my favorite.”

He basically whispers the last part and his cheeks burn red in an instant.  Again I smile, and make some remark about being thankful and asking him to support us in the future.

By the end of our little conversation, our food was done, and he tied it nicely in the plastic bags. I handed two of them to Chen, who was closest, and reached for the last one. I jump a little as the cashier reaches and latches onto my wrist, leaning forward a little bit.

“Don’t forget Luhan, I will always be there for you.” Smiling a little creepily, the man moves even closer and I try to pull away, but his grip was really strong. “Come again, anytime, I’ll be waiting.”

Nodding with a nervous laugh, he finally releases me. Scurrying away and out the door, I see Minseok looking through the front of the store’s window at the man to me with a judging look. I wanted to tell them about the creepy guy, but my heart wouldn’t stop pounding.

We reached our dorms in no time. Opening the door, Tao came bounding around the corner and taking the food from us. The four of us followed the panda to the kitchen and took our seats around the table as our food was handed out to us. Taking a hungry sigh, I adjust the plastic container before me and pop the lid open. My heart drops and I suddenly lose my appetite at the small note scrawled on top of the lid.

Luhan,
I love you so much and I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you in person. Whenever you sing, I know you are singing to me and we are meant to be together. I hope you love the food I made for you, I put my heart and soul into it! We’ll see each other soon, my love.
XOXO, Soul Mate

 

 

Finally fixed it to my standards. Hope you guys enjoy and please feel free to comment below!!!