Two

Replacement

Sorry for not updating. Been so damn busy lately.

Enjoy... Hope it's not too boring.

ps: idontevenknowwhattheheckiamwriting.

 


 

SEOHYUN'S ARC (PART I)

 

A guy and a girl can be just friends but at one point or another,

They will fall for each other.

Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time,

Maybe too late or maybe forever.

                                                                     

-Dave Matthews

 

So which was it gonna be for Seo Joohyun and Zhang Yixing?

 

What kind of story awaits Seororo and Xingxing?

 

*

To Luhan….

 

She froze after that, biting the end of her pen, having a writer’s block on what to write next.

 

Idea oh idea! Where are you hiding? I thought before this I was on the brink of becoming the female version of Shakespeare. So why are you changing me back into a noob?

 

Heaving heavily, Seo Joohyun or Seohyun in short stole a glance at the fluffy unicorn. Opps! Need to clarify that she wasn’t actually referring to a real life unicorn with a large, pointed, spiraling horn projecting from its forehead. Nope. Unicorns only appeared in myths; creation of human’s magnificent imagination.  

 

Unicorn = Zhang Yixing aka Lay.

 

Lay, her best friend since they were toddlers was busy munching his potato chips, eyes fixated towards the TV screen inside the living room. Lay was like a pest that she couldn’t get rid of despite the massive amount of pesticides that she had sprayed all over her house. He was like a spirit bounded to her and won’t ever leave despite the world was going to end the next day.

 

Her house was like Lay’s private hotel. He even had a room reserved for him. Luckily her mom and her dad were cool enough to have him over. They never complained as they were enchanted with the unicorn’s well-mannered and behavior. If it were up to her, she would kick Lay out of the house in a heartbeat so that he won’t hang around her anymore.

 

Okay, perhaps she wouldn’t chase him out of the house after all. That unicorn was too adorable to be mad with. He was her best friend, a friend that she’d cherished a lot for sticking with her come rain or rainbows, come laughter or sorrow.

 

“Xingxing, help me....I don’t know what else to write. Lend me some of your artistic talent, will ya?”

 

Lay turned to meet Seohyun before his eyes went back to the TV screen. His hand reached out for some potato chips and continued eating them, feigning ignorance towards Seohyun.

 

His act just hit her nerve. Badly.

 

Biting her lower lips, Seohyun felt her patience was running thin. Oh, you are so gonna get it, unicorn!

 

She left the dining table and waltzed her way to the living room. Reaching for a small pillow on the sofa, she prepared an ambush specially planned for Zhang Yixing. Aiming directly towards Lay’s head, Seohyun then threw the pillow as hard as she can. Nevertheless, the fluffy unicorn was quick on his response, catching the pillow before he crooked an arrogant smirk on his lips.

 

“Thanks for the pillow, dearie.” Lay commented, still wearing his arrogant smirk.

 

Seohyun pursed her lips together, pouting. Irritation began to swarm as the arrogant smirk from Lay burnt her eyes.

 

“Yah! You know Xingxing, it won’t kill you if you help me to construct a sentence for Luhan.” She looked at him with a touch of annoyance.

 

A massive pain constricted Lay’s heart but he put on his poker face. “You still haven’t given up on that crazy idea of yours? A love letter for Luhan? Which era are you living now, Seororo?”

 

“I don’t give up when I set my aim on something, Xingxing. So, yeah, call me old school but I’m going to write a love letter for Luhan.”

 

Lay’s delicately arched eyebrows went up. “Suits yourself but don’t think I’m going to be on board helping you out.” He took the remote and changed the channel. Seohyun’s favorite anime Sergeant Keroro played, filling the heated aura between them.

 

“Xingxing-ah….” She called out to him but Lay just looked at her blankly.

 

“Just write whatever you want, Seororo. It’s your love letter, not mine. You’re the one in love with Luhan, not me. So, nope. Write it yourself.” Lay shrugged as he took a bite of the chips.

 

“Aigoo Xingxing… Just help me, okay?”

 

“Go and ask Ginger.” Lay pointed towards Ginger that was being cleaned by Seohyun’s father on the front yard. Her mother on the other hand was busy with Prince.

 

“Ginger is a car, Xingxing. Not human!”

 

Lay couldn’t help but to roar in hysteric. Seohyun glared at him as she gritted her teeth.

 

“Omma and appa are so romantic.” Lay said, throwing his vision towards the happy couple.

 

Yup, Lay called Seohyun’s parents by the name omma and appa. Just like how Seohyun called her parents. Lay’s relationship with her parents was so close until they even regarded Lay as their own son.

 

Seohyun averted her eyes, landing her beautiful orbs towards the same direction. Smiling faintly she then erupted in laughter. Why wouldn’t she? Her parents were the cheesiest couple she had ever known. Despite being married for 30 years old, they still acted like they were a newlywed couple, playing around with the bubbles together while washing their cars.

 

“You know, omma and appa has the greatest love story of all time.”

 

“Obviously. Appa told me before. Their love story was like the Korean version of Romeo and Juliet. Your grandparents opposed their relationship and so they eloped together. Luckily grandmas and grandpas gave their blessing after you were born. You’re like a lucky charm to them, am I right?”

 

Seohyun nodded. It was always her deepest desire to have a love story like her parents that she would like to tell to her children in the future. But, judging how her and Luhan weren’t even going nowhere in their relationship, would she still have her love story?

 

“Xingxing-ah…. Help me, okay? Pretty please….” Faking an aegyo, she begged Lay armed together with her puppy eyes. Lay tilted his head to one side, studying her closely.

 

“You’re so cruel, Xingxing….” Seeing how Lay wasn’t affected by her aegyo, Seohyun resorted to her last back up plan. Acting sappy and crestfallen! It was her utmost supreme weapon against Lay. She would only take that alternative when Lay was too hard to crack.

 

And yeah, Zhang Yixing would evolve into jelly when it comes to Seo Joohyun’s sentimental act.

 

“Seo Joohyun!!! Really… You… Haish… Chincha….” Lay raised his white flag, wondering why he always fell for that trick. Snatching the pen and paper from Seohyun’s hand, he began to scribble something. A winning smile played about Seohyun’s lips as the inside of her brain was playing the song ‘We are the Champion’ repeatedly on the loop.

 

“Here! Take this paper. Now, shoos Seororo.” He put the paper and pen on her palms before giving a signal for her to leave him alone.

 

“Thanks, Xingxing. You’re the man!” Her lips spread into another smile before she headed upstairs to her room.

 

Slowly she read the paper, anxious to know what Lay had written.

 

To Luhan….

 

I don’t know if you know this,

But you’re the first person I truly loved.

 

  Zhang Yixing! You’re daebak! I, L to the O to the V to the E you for this!

 


 

SEOHYUN LIKES LUHAN.

LAY LIKES SEOHYUN.

A ONE SIDED LOVE FOR URI UNICORN.

TAEYEON-AH, KAI-AH, SAVE URI UNICORN FROM HEARTBREAK PALLI!

TILL NEXT TIME READERS.

COMMENTS ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.