One

Replacement

 

“Congrats, Sica.” Taeyeon leaned forward and kissed her best friend on the cheeks.

 

The newly wed bride crooked her ever gor’Jess’ smile, signifying that she was indeed in a very euphoric state today. “Thanks, Taeng.” Looking at her partner in crime holding hand with a guy made her smile spread even wider. “Oh… Oh… How come I didn’t know about this?” Eyes glued firmly at the intertwining hands of Kim Taeyeon and Kim Jongin, her voice hinted a sense of teasing.

 

Kai gazed at his now blushing like a red tomato girlfriend before he lifted her hand and landed a soft kiss. “She wanted to give you a surprise. So here we are. A couple.Surprise, Sica!” He answered on her behalf. Taeyeon punched him lightly on the shoulder, causing the tan lad to giggle.

 

Jessica couldn’t help but to squeal out loud, earning a gentle nudge from her husband. “Sica darling, you’re making them embarrassed.” Jessica’s ultimate soul mate, Kris Wu Yifan scolded her. Pouting with an aegyo face plastered, she said in a sulking tone. “Kreasee, Kai stole my Taeng.” Like a little kid, she whined.

 

Kai and Taeyeon couldn’t choke back their laughter. Kris just shook his head, amused with his wife’s action. “Darling, let him stole her. You have me. I’ll keep you company for the rest of my life.” Pulling her into his embrace, he kissed her forehead.

 

Jessica smiled. Needless to say, she was the happiest bride in the whole wide world. She had the perfect husband, her so called twin was in a relationship and she was on her way to the life that she had dreamt of since she met and fell in love madly with Kris Wu Yifan. For her, having Kris and Taeyeon completed her life. They were a part of her, losing any one of them meant losing her own life in the process.

 

“Cheesy, Krease.” She looked at him, her eyes flooded with love.

 

Tilting his head down, meeting his forehead with hers, he cupped her cheeks. “Cheesy, mushy, gushy, or heck even as fluffy as a unicorn, all that is just for you, Jessica Wu Sooyeon.”

 

“I love you, Alpaca boy.”

 

“And I heart you, Sicachu.”

 

“Oh no…” Taeyeon blurted out. “I think it’s a cue for us to leave, Kai. Sweetness overload. I think I might have cavities soon.” Wrapping her arm around Kai’s waist, she said.

 

Kai nodded in agreement. “I second that thought, Taengoo. Let’s leave this lovebird alone dear. Rather than being a er here, crashing Seohyun’s and Lay’s moment seems like a great idea to me. How’s that sound to you? ”

 

“Freaking awesome.” She batted her eyelashes a few times, sending Kai for a highly wild heartbeat.

 

“Babe, you just made me ran a marathon.” Kai uttered as he placed a hand on his chest.

 

“Talk about being cheesy. You’re the same as my Kris.” Jessica eyed the happy couple with a playful smile to light up her pretty face.

 

“I’ve learnt from the best man himself.” With a wink flashed towards Kris, he replied.

 

“Okay… Enough of this cheesy squishy drama.” Taeyeon knew that if she left things the way as it was right now, the four of them might end up setting a camp at the garden. Their conversation would be endlessly long and Jessica and Kris won’t even have the chance to greet the other guests. “Chop… Chop Kai. We better scram now. Our diabolical plan to ruin SeoLay’s moment awaits us. ” With hands locked with each other, Taeyeon pulled her heartthrob away, leaving the newly wed to share more of their cheesiness in peace, far away from the distraction.

 

*

 

“Yo, unicorn.” Tapping Lay’s shoulder, Kai startled his friend.

 

“Oh, heyya, Kai. Where’s Taeyeon?”

 

“Finding her favorite ice cream dessert somewhere near the buffet table.” Kai pulled out the chair beside Lay before setting himself comfortable on the chair. “Where’s your Seobaby?”

 

“Yah!!!”  Lay immediately closed Kai’s mouth with his hand. He flashed his not so intimidating glare at Kai. “Shut your freaking mouth, Jongin. She didn’t know my feeling for her yet.”

 

Kai rolled his eyes before he yanked Lay’s hand from his mouth. Taking a breath of air to fill his oxygen-deprived lungs, he playfully crooked a smirk. “Dude, seriously?! Don’t be such a lame . When are you going to court her for real?”

 

Lay huffed a sigh, playing with his meatball spaghetti. “I don’t know.” His short answer made Kai burst out laughing. “Oh man… You had it bad, Lay.”

 

“Tell me about it. She’s too dense to notice about my feeling. I’ve been dropping hints since like millennia ago. But heck no. She just lost herself deep inside her books.” Kai laughed even louder, making Lay resorted to shoot laser from his beautiful set of eyes. “You’re not helping, Kai.”

 

The laughing boy tried to gag back his laughter. Lifting his hands in defeat, he uttered, “Fine. I’ll switch on my Kai-the-awesome-friend mode right now. Want me and Taeyeon to be your cupid?”

 

Lay stared at his friend, having a hard time to digest the words that escaped from Kai’s lips. “You meant it? You and Taeyeon will help me with Seohyun?” He couldn’t contain his excitement. The calm fluffy unicorn just turned into the euphoric-till-you-can-puke-rainbows unicorn.

 

“Duh…. Does it look like I’m kidding?”

 

“Oh. My. God. Oh. My. God.” Chanting those words like they were some kind of mantras to him, he pulled Kai into his embrace.

 

Kai who wasn’t even expecting Lay to behave the way he was right now, made a puking sound as he tried to push Lay away. “Yah! Zhang Yixing! Stop hugging me! This looks so wrong from so many different aspects.” Sensing that many guests that were invited to Kris’s and Jessica’s wedding were looking at them with a weird expression and soft whispers were echoing from the distance, Kai pushed Lay even harder.

 

“Seriously, Kim Jongin? I’ve been gone for like less than 10 minutes and you’re already cheating on me?” Taeyeon, with a cup of vanilla and strawberry ice cream on her hand said. Looking at how tightly Lay was hugging Kai made her jaws dropped to the floor. “And here I thought I’m gonna destroy SeoLay’s moment. How on earth did this turn out to be a KaiLay’s moment?”

 

Lay released Kai from his embrace; his lips curved a smile, showing off his dimples. “Oh, Taeyeon. Don’t be such a spoil-sport. I don’t intend on stealing your Jongin. You can keep him for all I care.”

 

“Yeah, right. I wouldn’t want to be stolen by you after all. I love my Taengoo way too much to let myself get caught up with your love trap.” Pulling Taeyeon by her waist, Kai snuggled himself closer to his girlfriend.

 

“Hey, mister. Did you eat too many candies today? Your sweetness is overflowing, Kim Jongin.” Taeyeon asked, her eyes fixated straight at Kai’s.

 

Kai just smiled, as he ushered to sit next to him. “Nah… I’ve been sweet for a long time already. It’s just you who didn’t realize it.”

 

“Could you guys cut it down? Don’t you know that you’re being mean in front of me?” Lay said, displaying his solemnness. “I have had enough of KrisSica’s public show of affection today. I don’t need to see your romantic scenes too. Urgh!!!”

 

Taeyeon and Kai gazed at each other before both of them set off to their laughing spree. “I think we should help him out with Seohyun, Taeng. He’s a single guy, totally in dire need to win the heart of his beloved lady.” Still couldn’t control his laughter, Kai spoke. “How about a game of let’s pretend to be cupids, babe?”

 

“Sure. I’m on board.” Stuffing herself with her favorite ice cream, Taeyeon then continued, “I ship you with Seohyun. And it’s about time to let this ship sails.”

 

“What do you have in mind, Taeyeon?” Lay asked, his voice filled with curiosity.

 

“Hhmmm…” She played a quirky smile on her face. “Just sit back, relax and enjoy the cruise.”

 

“We’ll be the best cupid that you’ll ever see, Zhang Yixing.” Kai added as he stole a scoop of Taeyeon’s ice cream, finishing the dessert despite knowing what kind of consequences awaits him next.

 

“Yah!!!!” And her ajumma’s scream echoed, attracting the eyes of the guests near them.

 

Lay just face palmed.

 

Kai giggled in amusement.

 

And Taeyeon was having her rampaging moment as Kai stole her ice cream.

 


 

Sorry if it's too boring.

I don't know actually what I was typing.

School was just dreadful today.