Get to you

ONLY YOU

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“...we will shortly be opening the boarding gate for flight M974 to Macau…”

 

“I think we can board soon” Taeyang said to Jiyong.

 

JIyong sighed irritated, “I heard it too Tae.”

 

“Just saying. Do you have to be angry all the time” Taeyang mumbled.

 

“Why are you even here?!” Jiyong asked annoyed.

 

“Just making sure you don’t have second thoughts and bail on this trip” Taeyang replied making JIyong grit his teeth angrily, “Why did you suddenly decide to go?”

 

“Does it matter?” Jiyong sighed.

 

“It does when Dara’s the reason” Taeyang leaned back on the seat.

 

“Why are you even here?” JIyong turned to him suddenly, “Leave if you’re gonna start talking sh!t again. I told you to drop it didn’t I?!”

 

“I know, I know. Just thought I’d give you some company” Taeyang shrugged. Jiyong shook his head and looked at his watch instead. “Time’s going by slowly isn’t it?” Taeyang spoke again. Jiyong glared at him now in annoyance. “Just want to point out that, time goes slowly usually when you’re away from someone-“

 

“Leave. Now!” JIyong said bluntly, “Leave before I-“

 

“Fire me?” Taeyang nodded knowing the routine, “Look Jiyong, enough joking around now. You don’t know it yet, and I’m not surprised since you have practically lived your entire life alone. But you have feelings for Dara-“ Jiyong abruptly stood up ready to walk away. “Ji!” Taeyang said calmly, “I know you don’t want to hear it but the soonr you realise your feelings the sooner you’ll be back to how you are.”

 

“Meaning?” Jiyong turned around and looked down at him.

 

“Meaning, you won’t be so distracted at work, you won’t sleep at the office at nights, or plan spontaneous trips abroad just to run away from your feelings.”

 

“Where do you get all this bullsh!t from?” Jiyong growled, “I know what I feel and don’t feel. Just because I helped someone out doesn’t mean I’m suddenly in love with them!”

 

Taeyang paused for a moment, “Who said anything about you being in love with Dara?”

 

JIyong’s face fell for a split second before he gritted his teeth, “Don’t push it Tae. I told you I don’t care what happens to her! I don’t care what happens to anyone!”

 

Taeyang gave up and stood up too now, “When are you going to give yourself a break?” Jiyong looked away having had enough of this conversation. Taeyang placed his hand on Jiyong’s shoulder, “I know you feel guilty for what happened to that girl all those years ago-”

 

JIyong closed his eyes as he remembered the woman crying in the police station again, "And I did nothing."

 

"You were a kid back then" Taeyang sighed.

 

"You don't get" Jiyong shook his head, "No one understands."

 

"Just..." Taeyang frowned, "Just forget it about now JIyong. It was a long time ago and as harsh it sounds, if it wasn't that girl...it would have been your sister instead..."

 

"Is that meant to make any of this better?" Jiyong asked angrily, "A girl lost her life because of what happened!"

 

"But that's not your fault" Taeyang tried to make him understand.

 

“You don't understand!” Jiyong growled angrily.

 

“No I don't understand, but I'm saying this for your own good. Forget about what happened."

 

"And what's that meant to do?!"

 

Help you live” Taeyang put it simply.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh come on Dara. Enough hiding now”

 

Dara wiped the cold sweat from her forehead, she looked around the room for her phone only to realise she’d left it downstairs. How was she going to contact JIyong now? She ran to the window and flung it open, she looked down and knew she couldn’t jump from there.

 

 

“Dara...Come out wherever you are.”

 

Dara turned back towards the door and gulped frightened to death, how did they find her here? Her knees gave way and she fell to the floor. All her senses stopped working, she’d never been so scared. If they took her back she knew she’d never be able to escape again. She huddled at the corner of the room and clasped her hands tightly together “…jiyong please save me…one last time please.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Top hurry! They might have found her already!” Bom exclaimed as Top hit the gas pedal, “If something’s happened to her…”

 

“How did the media find out anyway?!” Daesung muttered as he looked at the road ahead.

 

“We’ll deal with them later, first we need to get Dara!” Top replied and sped down the road.

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

[Music: Wires by Athlete]

 

 

 

 

 

“Please will all passengers for Flight number M974 to Macau board the plane-“

 

“You can go now” Jiyong looked up at the announcement board and nonchalantly grabbed his bag before heading towards the boarding gate. He stopped when he noticed Taeyang didn’t say anything and turned around to find him fixed on the spot staring at the large plasma screen TV.

 

“-the unknown girl is thought to be romantically involved with Mr Kwon, MD of Kwon Enteprise-“

JIyong stopped in his tracks and looked back at the screen too. His eyes widened when he saw pictures of Dara and him together in the alley way of the bar. He dropped his bag in disbelief, if Dara was on TV that meant those men now knew where she was.

 

“Jiyong?” Taeyang mouthed slowly.

 

“Mr Kwon,” an attendant showed Jiyong the direction towards the plane but Jiyong’s eyes remained fixed on the screen. “Mr Kwon?”

 

 

“Jiyong…Dara” Taeyang slowly turned to face him.

 

“Get the car!” Jiyong breathed heavily as he tore his gaze away from the screen and ran out of the airport.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I guess you’re hiding upstairs then aren’t you our little Dara”

Dara clasped her hand over and scrambled further away from the door.

 

 

“Oh not in this room.”

Dara’s eyes widened with fear. What if they take her back? Far away so no one can ever find her again? She shook her head, she had to get away. Maybe if she just ran, she would be able to get away from them.

 

 

“Not in this one either Dara”

 

She took a deep breath and slowly walked towards the door before opening the door slightly. She peered out nervously and saw two familiar men walking along the corridor. It was them. She felt her knees shake from absolute fear but she could see that the staircase was closer to her than them. If she could just get downstairs before them. She saw the men peer into another room, now was her chance. She curled her hands into fists and ran out of the room towards the staircase.

 

“SHE’S HERE!”

 

Dara turned around to see the men run towards and she ran faster towards the staircase but just then someone grabbed her from behind. Dara gasped when she realised who it was and shuddered with terror when he held her arm tightly. Sukjin, the same man who had tried to take advantage of her before she got the courage to escape.

“You honestly thought you could escape us?” he hissed at her. Dara shook with fear as he grabbed her hair roughly, “We own you, did you forget that?! Huh?!” he shook her violently while she pleaded them to let her go. “We should have left you to die all those years ago, you ungrateful b!tch!” he then slapped her so hard Dara tumbled back. She tried to hold onto something but her injured ankle made her lose balance and fell backwards down the stairs.

She crashed down onto the hard marble floor at the bottom and she gasped for air as she felt like her head had just split into two. She had to get away, but her body laid their numb and still. Only her lungs kept working furiously trying to in air. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

“Why did you do that?!” CL stopped Seungri at the parking lot, "Is this some sick joke?!"

 

“You looked like you needed help in there and I helped you ok! You should be grateful!” Seugnri shouted back.

 

“Grateful?!” CL scoffed in disbelief, “You’re the reason this all happened in the first place!”

 

“Why do you think I did that just now then?! I felt…I felt guilty for what I did yesterday! I didn’t know you suffered the way you did in your past! If I had known I would never have done that ok!” Seungri blurted out.

 

CL stood there with surprise, “You felt guilty?”

 

“Yes!” Seungri stepped forward, “And I know I shouldn’t! I know that but I still do arasso! So forgive me for helping you!” he turned back to his car and opened the door.

 

“What now then?” CL asked.

 

“What do you mean?” Seungri looked back.

 

“I mean what does you helping me mean?” CL asked again.

 

“Nothing” Seungri said bluntly, “I still want and will take over your company-“

 

“Does that even make any sense?!” CL stopped him short, “If you want that then why did you help me in there?!”

 

“I DON’T ING KNOW CL!” Seungri shouted angrily.

 

CL shook her head slowly now, “You’re messed up…you-“

 

*ring ring* *ring ring* CL looked at her phone and saw it was Bom, she looked away and answered her phone, “Bom-ah?”

 

“CL! It’s Dara!”

 

“Dara?” Cl asked anxiously when she heard Bom’s panicked voice through the phone.

 

Seungri looked at her curiously now.

 

“We just found her! She must have fallen down the stairs Cl-“

 

“Oh my god! IS she ok?!” Cl gasped.

 

“We’re taking her to the hospital now Cl! But neither Jiyong nor Taeyang are picking their calls. Can you get hold of them? Please!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How did you manage to let her escape again Sukjin?!”

 

“We were about to take her when someone came. We had to get out of there”

 

“Fools!” he hissed, “We had a chance to get her and you ruined it!”

 

“They took her to the hospital hyung, we know where she is. Getting her will be easy hyung.”

 

“What are you doing here then?! Go to the bloody hospital and get her!” the older man scowled at them, “and one more thing, you better get her” the older man grabbed hold of his collar, “Otherwise someone is going to pay.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong jumped out of the moving car as soon as it reached the hospital and he sprinted inside. “JIYONG!” Taeyang followed after him.

 

 

“Dara! Where’s Dara?!” JIyong shouted at the receptionist.

 

“Sir-“

 

“Dara! Where is she?!” he shouted again.

 

 

“Jiyong!” Jiyong turned to find Top running towards him, “Dara!” Where’s Dara?! Is she ok?!”

 

“We just brought her to the Emergency dep-“ Jiyong pushed past Top and ran towards the Emergency department frantically. “Jiyong! Wait!” Top shouted after him.

 

“Top!”  Taeyang ran up to Top, “ CL rang us, how bad is it? Is she ok?!”

 

“The front doors were broken in” Top said seriously, “They must have found her.”

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------

 

 

 

 

“Dara?!” Jiyong flung the curtains open of every cubicle looking for Dara.

 

“Sir you can’t do that-“ a nurse tried to stop him.

 

“Get me Dara!” He shouted in frustration, “Where’s Dara?!”

 

 

“Jiyong” Bom called out to him from the other side of the ward. JIyong started running towards her but stopped halfway when he saw a bloody hand that could be seen just behind Bom. He stepped forward slowly and he suddenly felt his breath being knocked out when he saw Dara lying on the bed unconcious, covered in blood.

 

“…what happened?” he managed to say.

 

“Excuse me!” a doctor shoved past Jiyong and went to check Dara’s eyes and pulse.

 

“We found her at the bottom of the staircase” Bom explained to the doctor, “She must have fallen.” Jiyong furrowed his brows and looked at Bom and back at Dara. “She’s lost a lot of blood, she’s cracked the back of her head but I can’t tell how deep. We’ll have to do a head scan. She must have been there only a few minutes before we got there. Her pulse was still strong when I checked but-“

 

“Excuse me are you her guardian?” the doctor looked up at Jiyong.

 

Jiyong numbly stared back at him now. Guardian?

 

“Yes he is.” Bom answered for him.

 

“We’re going to have to take her to surgery to stop the bleeding. Can you please go to the desk and sign the forms.” The doctor explained before him and a nurse started wheeling Dara towards the theatre. Jiyong stood there unable to move as they pushed Dara past him.  Surgery? He wanted to ask so many questions but he couldn’t think straight and instead he stopped the bed from going anywhere.

 

“Jiyong what are you doing?” Bom stepped forward, “She needs to go now.”

 

Jiyong’s eyes didn’t leave Dara’s face, “…she’s going to be ok right?”

 

Bom’s face softened for a moment and she looked at him sympathetically, “Let’s hope so Jiyong. Now, please Jiyong she needs to go.”

 

Jiyong slowly nodded and let his hand slip to his side. As they rushed Dara past him, her tiny cold hand touched his hand. He froze at the touch and looked down to see the back of his hand now smeared with Dara’s blood.