Chapter 2

Kimi No Shiranai Story
"Minwoo-ya... Minwoo-ya wake up"
I tried to open my eyes, who's calling me at this hour...
This man's still insist shaking my body.
 
"Stop iiit........", I moaned.
"Come on, wake up wake up, it's 9 already", uh I know that voice. Of course it's Hyunseong-hyung. What is he doing entered my room like this. I reluctantly straighten my body to sit.
"Hyung... just open the shop, why did you have to wake me up?", I asked.
"Aren't you the manager? you should be more responsible", he said.
"Hum... you can be the manager", I said as I hugged my pillow again.
"You can't go back to sleep!", Hyunseong-hyung grabbed my shoulder and dragged me to the floor.
"Aaah... ok ok... I'm awake! I'm awake!", I giggled and stand up. I throw my pillow back to bed.
 
"Let me wash first", I said.
"Ok...", said Hyunseong-hyung as he left my room.
"Don't dare to go back to sleep!", he continued.
"Arassoo", I open my window. It's so sunny today, so different with gloomy yesterday. I look at my hydrangeas, they're blossomed gracefully, the raindrops still crowned them like diamonds.
 
Then I noticed a white truck beside my house. Ah, it's Donghyun. He wore casual white T-shirt with jeans today. His porcelain skin sparkled brilliantly by the sunlight. He lift up a sofa from the truck with one worker, and he look at me. Oh damn, I just wake up. Why should I do... I hastily tidy my hair.
 
"Minwoo-ssii", he stopped for a moment to call me.
"Anyeooong! Do you need some hands?", I said, try to be friendly.
"No, it's alright. You're just wake up", he giggled as he struggled to enter the sofa into the entrance door.
Uh, why should I have this moment just right after I woke up.
 
I brushed my teeth and look at myself in the mirror. I smile at my own reflection. Hhh, Donghyun is officially my neighbor since today. I wonder why am I so nervous?. I walked down the stairs to see Hyunseong-hyung and our flower shop.
 
"Is that our new neighbor?", Hyunseong-hyung asked.
"Yeah, his name is Kim Donghyun", I said.
"I see... yah, why do you look so happy?", he said.
"Am I?", I said.
"Yeah, you are...", he said.
"Hyung... did you ever had love at first sight?", I said.
"No. I don't believe in love at first sight", he said.
"Right? I don't believe it too before...", I said.
"Don't say you're in love with... our new neighbor?!", he said in shock.
"Sssshhh! keep your voice down. I don't know. I never fall in love before. Is it weird to be in love with man?", I asked.
Hyunseong-hyung look at me, stunned, totally lost of words.
"Yah, hyung...", I wave my hand in front of his face.
"Minwoo-ya... I don't know you're into men", he said, still try to grasp the situation.
"Uh... I don't know. But this hyung, he's just different. It's like we've met before, you know... that feeling", I said.
"Feel like your destined together?!", he said, raising his voice.
"No... it's ah. I don't know. What should I do, really...", I wondered. Looking at my flowers.
 
"Today we have delivery to a birthday party downtown", said Hyunseong-hyung, try to distract me from my own thoughts.
"Yeah, I remember...", I said.
"Will you join me?", he asked.
I'm still looking at the house beside, peeping up to see what Donghyun is doing.
He's sitting on that sofa before and playing with Sushi, he paid the truck man and bow to him. He took Sushi on his lap and squeeze its cheeks. Sushi-ya... I'm jealous of you.
 
"Minwoo-ya!", Hyunseong-hyung tapped my shoulder. I almost jumped from my seat.
"Will you come with me?", asked Hyunseong-hyung.
"Ah... I think I will stay here. The shop needs to keep opened, right?", I said.
"Okay... I know what's in your head. See you then", said Hyunseong-hyung. He carried last bouquets and put them in the van. He then gone. I'm grateful that this flower shop had him around.
 
I'm walking back and forth on the terrace. I picked a pink peony beside me and play with it. Ah, what should I do... I keep looking at Donghyun's house. Should I gave him flowers as a welcome. Is that weird to give another man flowers? But I have flower shop anyway.
 
Before I can think straight, I wrapped the pink peonies with a purple ribbon and walk into his house. I have no courage to look ahead, I just staring at the pavement when I notice someone in jeans walking towards me. It can't be, it can't be him. Oh God, what should I say, holding this flower, should I just go back, but oh, that's weird... Huuh...
 
"Minwoo-ssi... I'm just about say hello to you", a gentle voice that I recognize came to my ears as sweet as a symphony.
I hold the peonies tight, and I gather the courage to look at him in the eyes. I can't control this heartbeat, I think I'll pass out.
"Ahhh... Donghyun-ssi... what an coincidence", I said. Try to put a smile. My voice was trembling.
"Isn't this a hot day? your face is red!", he said.
"Oh oh... really?", I divert my eyes to the pavement again. This is so embarrassing.
"Hum? you're about to deliver flowers somewhere?", he asked.
"No... uh, this actually... It's... it's for you!", what. am. I. saying.
"Whoaaa... thank you so much!", he took them from my hands. And I just stand like statue. Freezing out. I took a deep breath.
"Are these peonies?", he asked.
"Yeah! you know flowers...", I said, still try to manage my expression.
"I like flowers", he said.
"That's great", I said.
"Are you free? I'm about to buy some foods at the minimarket down the street", he said.
"Oh. Yes, of course!", I can't hide how happy I am. He asked me to go to shop with him!.
 
"Minwoo-ya... let's talk casually from now on", he said.
"Un. Hyung... where's Sushi, by the way?", I asked.
"He's sleeping, I think he doesn't really like sunny weather like this. He's lazy... hahaha", he said.
"Like you?", I said.
"Huh? me? Didn't you see I moved in this morning?", he said.
"Hahaha... I saw you of course, you opened my eyes completely this morning", I said.
"Is that so... you woke up really late!", he said.
"I know... stop bringing it... ah, I don't go to school that's why I don't have habit to wake up early", I said.
"You don't go to school anymore? how convenient!", he said.
"Yeah, I know right... now my job is taking care of that flower shop", I said.
"Cool... If only I was you back in highschool... I skipped classes so much back then", he said.
"Ah, were you a bad student?", I asked.
"I tried a lot of things. Now they're all some kind of blurred memories though...", he said as he smiled at the sky.
"Hyungie, what are you doing by now? do you work somewhere?", I asked.
"I sing and play piano. I sing at cafes, weddings, parties... a poor musician", he said.
"That's awesome... I want to see you play piano!", I said excitedly.
 
He smiled at me. His stare pierced into my soul. To imagine this guy played piano in front of me alone just makes me dying. How if he actually did it?
"Ah, that's the minimarket! The last one who reached the market should treat an ice cream!", Donghyun-hyung started to run. Ah, damn, I'm off guard. I'm busy imagining you play a piano, why did you do this to me?.
"Yah, hyung... you can't win like this!!!", I run as hard as I can to catch him up.
 
Donghyun-hyung giggled as he run. He occasionally look at me behind to see our distance, I don't play this kind of thing since forever. The sunlight glimmering around him, his white T-Shirt waving beautifully as he run. Hyungie... don't run too fast, I don't wanna lose you...