Chapter Three

How Am I Supposed To Live Without You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DongHae turned over, clutching the Nemo plushie closer to his chest. This had been his routine since he had gone to bed that night. He couldn’t deny it. He was worried. Sighing, he pushed back the restraining blankets and sat up, staring out his window at the big round moon outside. Flicking on his night light, his sad face and pouting mouth became reflected in his mirror and he looked pitifully at himself.

“Hyukkie.” The nickname left his lips on another sigh. Glancing over at his bedside clock, he saw that it was already one in the morning. Great, he had spent three hours tossing and turning over HyukJae, who didn’t seem to care at all. Not a single phone call.

As a cold gust of wind blew into his room from his open window, he slipped his feet into his fluffy monkey slippers that he and EunHyuk had specifically gotten for one another (EunHyuk had a Nemo pair) and pulled it shut.

“Honey?” it was his mother, head peeking in from the doorway.

“Hey mom,” DongHae pouted. He shuffled energy-less toward her.

“You okay honey?” she enquired, smoothing his messy hair back from his forehead. Glumly, he nodded.

“Did you and EunHyuk fight?” she asked, flipping on the light switch in his room. He shook his head. They hadn’t fought. No, it was more a case of EunHyuk ignoring him.

“Then what?” she questioned.

“He… hasn’t responded to any of my calls… hasn’t texted me… or seen me since two this evening,” he told her. Hours without EunHyuk. It was an unusual thing for him.

“Oh honey,” she sympathized, rubbing circles into his back. She knew how hard it was to be without your other half.

“Can I have some milk and cookies?” DongHae asked, pulling his puppy face.

“How about some strawberries instead?” she offered. DongHae gave a little smile despite his sadness and nodded, “Yeah.” She was back a few minutes later with a plate filled with strawberries.

“Try to sleep okay? I’m sure you planned another long day tomorrow. And remember to brush your teeth when you’re done eating,” she reminded him as she left. He nodded again and settled down on his bed to munch on his strawberries.

“DongHae.” It was a sharp whisper but much too quiet for DongHae to be sure he had heard anything. He was probably imagining things at this hour in the morning.

“Damn it DongHae open your window.” This time he was sure he had heard it. Grabbing a book and holding it above his head, he made his way to his window. Taking a deep breath, he slid it open, ready to attack.

“What are you doing here?” he gasped. EunHyuk, gripping on for dear li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter