oo0

Give Me Love

After the confrontation with Hyeri, the council has pointed out a new High Priestess for Seoul House of Night, the matter has been raised and the Vampyres went to investigate further about the matter.

 

---

 

Kai’s phone vibrated under his pillow. He groaned and he trashed his arm wildly to find the phone. He finally managed to get the hold of it and answered the call with a soft hum.

 

“Jongin…” Luhan’s voice were broken, like he has been crying. Kai rubbed the sleepiness off his eyes and sat down.

 

“What’s wrong, hyung?” he replied and looked at the time. It’s almost dusk.

 

There’s a long pause before Luhan spoke, “Can you come over, please?”

 

“Right over,” without thinking, Kai put on a pair of sweats and a tank. He ended the call and rushed out of his room.

 

Although at the back of his mind is screaming that he is forgetting something very important.

 

---

 

Sehun’s peeped from the backstage and spotted the group within the crowd with Tao waving a ‘Sehun is y’ banner. However, his eyes were wildly searching for a figure that he longed to see. But to no avail, it’s nowhere to be found.

 

With a frown, Sehun fumbled with the hem of his t-shirt, getting nervous as the second passed by. His turn will be up anytime from now.

 

He sent a silent prayer to the Goddess.

 

“Oh Sehun?” he turned to see the stage manager calling him. “You’re up next,” he signaled for him to be ready.

 

---

 

Kai reached Luhan’s room and knocked on the door. It took Luhan a few moments before his door clicked open. Kai pushed the door open, it was hell.

 

The room was trashed like someone has come in rob it. All things scattered on the floor and there’s Luhan, on the messy bed, sobbing with his head between his legs.

 

Kai rushed to Luhan’s bed and sat beside him. “Hyung, what’s wrong? Are you okay? What happened?” he cupped Luhan’s face.

 

Luhan was a mess. His eyes were red and tears were streaming down his face.

 

Luhan doesn’t say anything, he just stared at Kai. Kai wiped his tears away and pulled him into a hug.

 

“I- I love you, Jongin. I really do,” he mumbled over Kai’s shoulder and Kai froze. “Don’t ever leave me, Jongin. Like how Minseok do. Oh, Minseok,” Luhan sobbed.

 

Kai pulled away and stared into Luhan’s eyes. It was lost, there’s no Luhan in it. It’s like he’s already dead but he’s talking.

 

“Hyung, wake up-”

 

Luhan shook his head, “Get Sehun out of your head, idiot!” he screamed. “I know, it’s not me! It has been Sehun all the time!”

 

Then, it dawned in Kai. He’s forgetting Sehun.

 

.

 

---

 

Wrong. Something felt wrong.

 

Jongin ignore Luhan’s pleas and rushed out.

 

Sehun.

 

The only word he can mutter at the moment. He never did stop, he stumbled upon another fledgeling, and it's no time to waste. He must be there. Quick.

 

"Jongin!" He can hear faint of Luhan's voice shouting his name, panicking.

 

By the time he arrived, it was too late.

 

Too damn late.

 

---

 

“Dance solo by Oh Sehun!” the MC announced and Sehun stride to the center of the stage with a high level of confidence.

 

The crowd cheered and he can see his friends from not too afar.

 

Sehun took a deep breath and stood in his stance. Adjusting his cap again. The music cued in and he started the dance.

 

He glanced at the crowd from time to time, but there’s no sign of Kai. He realized that his dance moves aren’t as sharp as when he practiced.

 

He felt his leg became wobbly and the crowd seemed to scream louder than usual.

 

His insides felt hot, he was on his knees suddenly. He can’t see the light anymore since his eyes were closing. The energy drained from his body, he felt numb.

 

At the back of his mind, he can hear a faint voice saying, “Oh Sehun, my child, I’ll always protect you.”

 

Then it all drowned in red.

 

---

 

Kai kneeled down beside Sehun, holding him. Everyone was panicking and someone has gone to call the Healer. The rest of their friends scattered to call the teachers.

 

“No, you can’t go away just yet, Sehun.” he whispered into Sehun’s ears. Sehun’s already passed out and body is cold and pale.

 

They say it’s sign of the Change Reject.

 

Kai refused to believe and cried over Sehun’s almost lifeless body.

 

“I love you, Oh Sehun.” he whispered before Sehun’s body jolted.

 

“No!”

 

Chanyeol held Kai back and blood started to come out from Sehun’s mouth creating a pool of blood.

 

Kai screamed and everything went black.

 

---

 

When Sehun opened his eyes, it was really dark, and smells bad. He groggily got up and saw a few people were crowding him.

 

“Where am I?” He asks but nobody replied him.

 

He thought it was weird and looked at the properly and saw that they were the red fledglings. “!” He screamed and scrambled backwards on the bed.

 

They were all staring at him weirdly and Sehun got scared. Something in him said he didn’t want to look.

 

He got up slowly, still facing them cautiously but then he turned towards the one mirror in the room and  the breath went out of him in a rush. His Mark… it was filled… He had intricate tattoos covering his face like a mask.

 

He should be happy but he isn’t. Because the mark wasn’t blue… It was red.

 

He stifle a cry and then the door opened. Sehun faced it and saw the red fledgling who attacked him in the forest entered.

 

He stop in front of Sehun and just stared at him. Before he finally put a fist over his heart and bowed; the Vampyre traditional greeting. Others in the room followed suite.

 

“What…?” Sehun said weakly.

 

The boy smirked and say. “Welcome to the red Vampyres… Leader.”

 

Fin.

 

---

 

Cards

 

Initial: Vampire!AU, Character Death

Community: “… and I looked and looked at her, and I knew as clearly as I know I am to die that I love her more than anything I have ever seen or imagined on earth, or hope for anywhere else” - Vladimir Nabokov, Mystery, Romance