04 The magic didn't last after 12 midnight

Not His Juliet

 

04 The magic didn't last after 12 midnight



Jong In rushed his way to the hospital and went into the ward, “Krystal!” He exclaimed as the girl was about to hurt herself.

“Jong In..” She broke down into tears when she sees him, “You came here to see me because you love me don't you?” She asked.

Jong In went over to her and took the knife away from her and passed it to Lay, he hugged her, “I always love you no matter what happens, I am like an elder brother to you don't I?” He said.

Krystal pushed him away, “Why can't you accept me? Because of that girlfriend you claimed? What about your unrequited love with my elder sister, don't you feel sorry?” She yelled.

Jong In remains calm, “I really can't love you the way that you want me to. I love your sister a lot but I think I should move on and I found someone whom I like.” He said.

“Someone whom you like? Just who is she? Is she prettier than me? How did she even catch your attention?” Krystal wanted to know, she just wouldn't believe.

“You will know her soon.” Jong In said in a calm manner.

Just then, “The dinner party tomorrow, I am attending.” Krystal said.

Jong In gave her a glance, “Stay here, you should rest.” He said.

“Why? Is it because you planned to bring that girl along for the dinner party? Isn't it a great chance for me to meet her?” Krystal said in such a sarcastic manner.

“You should rest.” Jong In said and stood up, “Don't ever leave the room without my permission.”

Jong In left the room, Lay was guarding by the door, “Lay, arrange more men to stand by and take guard. Never let Krystal leave the room till the party tomorrow is over.”

Lay looked at him and Jong In said with a cold voice, “I do not want anybody to ruin tomorrow's party.”

Lay bowed and watched Jong In leave and then disappear when made a turn at the end of the corridor.

 

When Jong In finally reached home, his footsteps were heavier than usual. He didn't even want to go up to shower and change out of his clothes and he just let himself dropped onto the sofa couch.

He looked up onto the ceiling wall, letting his tensed up back muscles to relieve by getting into a more comfortable position.

Then he remembered about Jae Yoon, he took his phone out and then typed out a message, “Have you reached home safely?”

I got the message while I am sitting on bed, getting ready to sleep, “I did, have you?”

“Just did. Anyways, see you in school tomorrow.”

“Goodnight.” I replied and placed my phone by the side and fell asleep soon.

Whereby Jong In felt that his eyelids are really heavy and he fell into deep sleep soon.

 

The next morning, Jong In arrived at my house again, I got into his car carefully so that I won't hurt my ankle further.

“Be careful.” He said as I walk over and he opened the door for me.

“Thank you.” I got into the car, fastened my seat belt and turned to him, “Have you eaten breakfast?” 

“I will just get something from school later.” He said.

I frowned upon hearing, “This can't do.” I reached out for my bag and took my lunch box out, “Finish this before driving.” I said.

He looked at the box, “What's inside?” He asked and I opened the box for him, “Here you go, kimbap.” I said and passed a pair of chopsticks to him.

He smiled, “I haven't eaten this for quite some time already.” He took one and placed it into his mouth, I looked at him as he starts chewing, “Is it alright?” I asked.

He smiled and nodded, “You cook really well.”

“Of course.” I replied cheekily, “Have one more?” I had him to finish the food before he drives the car.

While driving, “Is it alright for me to finish everything?” He asked.

I nodded and assured him with a smile, “I got free lunch from you too, and this shall be in return.” I said.

We reached school pretty soon, he got off the car before me and opened the door for me, “Be careful.” He said in a gentle tone.

I stepped out carefully, my ankle felt better, I held onto his hand and he pulled me closer to him, in which leading to me leaning against him, “Be careful.” He said gently and then pulled me away, “I shall walk you back to your classroom.”

More and more people were staring and looking at us, I felt pressurized, “Are you afraid?” He asked.

I shook my head, “Just worried. Don't worry, I am strong.” I said.

We arrived at my classroom, “Then I shall pick you up later.” He said and then left.

Amber didn't say hi to me like she usually does, then I remembered that I forgot to call her last night, “Amber..” I called her name when I sat down beside her.

She ignored me, “Amber..” I called again.

“Don't talk to me anymore.” She stood up and walked over to the back seats.

I let out a soft sigh, the teacher walked in and classes started like a normal day, just without the usual mood.

 

Lunch time was spent with Jong In ever since I agreed to be his 'girlfriend', lunch was prepared by him as usual.

I don't have the appetite to eat at all, he noticed her poking her food but not eating, “What's wrong?” He asked.

I placed my chopsticks down and looked at him, “When will this end?”

He looked up at me, “Backing out so soon? I thought you were strong.” He said.

“I am but, I realized I am losing important people in my life so that's why I am asking.” I said.

“Till she signs the divorce paper.” Jong In said clearly, “Once she signed it, you are free. I will clarify by saying that we no longer love each other and everything would be peaceful from then on.”

“Make sure you keep your words.” I said and placed the lunch box down, capped the cover back and then gave it back to him.

“I am going back to class now.” I said and kind of slightly limped my way out of the classroom.

Looking at how difficult it was for her, Jong In placed his food down and went over to carry her up, “It will take forever for you to get back.” He carried her all the way back to her class.

He placed me down gently, “I will fetch you later after school, just stay here and wait till I come.” He said.

I nodded and then he left.

I spotted my table being vandalized as a result, I just ignored it and sat down. 

Time passed really slowly, as though a second was an hour, an hour was a day. 

Finally, the school bell rang. I waited for him to appear while the rest of the other classmates left right after the bell rang.

Amber didn't even look at me, she just left with the other classmates.

 

I waited alone in class and I heard his footsteps, “Sorry, I was busy with some work.” He said.

I stood up, took my bag and pushed the chair back under the table and went out, “It's okay, let's go.” I said.

And we went to his car, then back to his house. I changed into the dress, the stylists were around to help us get dressed and be ready for the event later at night.

Jong In came over before I had my make up, “Eat something first, you didn't have anything during lunch.” He said so while standing by the door.

I stood up and went to him, “You didn't have much either. I am fine, if you are hungry, you should..”

He pulled me closer to him by my waist and looked into my eyes, I was taken aback, “Eat with me, I can't eat alone.” He said.

I battled my eyelids and looked into his eyes, then I pushed him away from me, “Fine, I shall accompany you.” I said and went down with him.

He prepared food already, “Since when did you prepare these?” I asked and eyed the dishes laid out on the dining table.

“Just eat.” He said and passed me a pair of chopsticks.

We had dinner together, it was quiet as none of us spoke anything. The stylists were having their meal as well.

“Later, just follow me wherever I go and don't wander off on your own.” He said.

I nodded.

 

“Have you tried the shoes that I passed to you last night?” He asked.

I nodded, “It was a size bigger.” I said while still looking down.

“Han Jae Yoon, don't you know that it's rude to not look at the person whom you are talking to?” Jong In asked and looked at her.

I raised my head up and looked at him, “Sorry, I just.. wasn't in a very good mood today.” I said.

“Fine. I am going up to get my hair styled. You could finish up and go up later.” Jong In stood up and went upstairs.

I couldn't eat anymore and so I went up to have my make-up done.

We met again near the doorstep, I wore those heels, “Didn't you say it was a size bigger?” Jong In asked.

“It still fits, I just hope it won't come off.” I said.

He took his phone out, “What's your shoe size?” He asked.

“39.” I replied.

He send a text, “Alright, the shoes would come awhile later, let's go now. Just be careful with your steps, I would accommodate to your walking speed.” He said.

We got into the car and went over to the venue.

 

The moment I stepped into the ballroom, everything could be described with a word - Grand.

It was extravagant, everyone was in formal suit, the lightings and music was nice.

A waiter came to us and served champagne, we both took one each, “You can just drink a little, it's champagne.” Jong In whispered as we walk towards a group of businessmen who were with their own partners too.

Seems like Jong In knew them pretty well, they were talking about work and the topic drifted to personal affairs.

“Jong In, I heard Krystal admitted into the hospital, is she alright? Are you too demanding towards her?” With that, the man who said so showed a dirty look.

Jong In had to maintain his calm, he shook it off with a faint smile, “You are thinking too much Si Won. I am not demanding at all. Krystal was just too stressful due to school work.” He said.

“Really? You seem to be one who would force it into her, are you sure you aren't tiring her out too much, Jong In?” Another man said so with a dirty smirk.

He spotted me, “Oh who is that hot chick? You two seem close, I spotted you two exchanging little whispers before coming over. Is she your second?” He asked and eyed me from top to bottom.

Jong In pulled me closer to him and covered me slightly by hinting me to stand behind him, “Eun Hyuk, watch your mouth.” He sternly said.

“Oh? Look at how protective you are. She's hot.” Eun Hyuk had his eyes on me again, it made me feel uncomfortable which then leading me to holding onto Jong In tighter.

“Eun Hyuk, you are making her uncomfortable. She's a close friend of mine, show her some respect.” Jong In snarled.

Eun Hyuk just laugh it off, “If she's a second, just admit it. I could understand that you are at this age whereby you have the energy and desire, Krystal alone wouldn't be enough for you.” He said.

Jong In stared at him with his icy cold eyes, “Say a word more and I make sure you lose everything.” He threatened. 

That made him shut up, who would dare speak when Jong In said so, and everyone knew clearly that he had the power to do so.

“Now excuse us.” Jong In said and held my hand tight while we walk over to an empty corner.

 

He told me to take a seat while he stand beside me, I looked up at him who was still fuming, “Jong In?”

“What?” He still sounded pissed.

I smiled, “Thank you.” I said.

He looked at me, gaze softened, “What are you thanking me for?”

I smiled at him, “Thank you for not letting him take advantage of me, I appreciate that a lot.” I said.

His gaze softened and he pats my head gently, “Of course I should. I am a man, since I brought you here, I should take care and protect you from any harm.” He said.

I told him to take a seat and he did so by seating on the armrest of the couch, “I am glad that we are friends now.” I said.

He smiled, “Since you said that important people are getting further from you, I shall compensate a little by becoming a friend.” He said.

I looked at him, not feeling too good, “Hey, they are getting further because of you.” I pouted.

“That's why I said to become your friend.” He said.

And the emcee announced that the dance was going to start but, the shoes aren't here yet, “I guess we would have to dance still, just be careful, take it slow, I will guide you.” He said and asked for my hand.

I placed my hand onto his, “I will do my best.” I said.

And we walked over to the dance floor, the music starts. 

 

It was slow and people starts moving to the music, I follow Jong In's steps and remembered what he told me last night, it ended up pretty well.

“So far so good.” He said while his hand was on my waist and we are slowly moving along with the music.

I smiled and it was just then I got distracted when I spotted that Eun Hyuk guy staring at me.

My shoes came off as I was mentally distracted, “Careful.” Jong In held onto me as I was about to lose my balance.

Then he squatted down once I regained balance, he took my shoe and took my leg up so that he could place the place back onto my foot.

I just stared at him as he did that, nothing could come out from my mouth that was slightly opened.

He stood up once again and smiled, “Clumsy you, let's wait for the shoes to come, I don't want you to get hurt anymore.” Jong In said and we went over to the side and took a seat.

The reporters took photos of us, seems like the purpose of the day was achieved.

He came to me with a glass of water, “Are you alright?” He questioned as he scanned me.

I nodded, “Just that I spotted him staring at me and I got distracted, I am sorry.” I apologized.

“Him? Lee Eun Hyuk again? That brat..” Jong In took his phone out and went to one side and made a call.

I wonder what he was talking over the phone..

He came back once again, “I should send you back home now, it's late, your parents would worry.” He said.

I shook my head, “It's alright, I live alone.” I said.

“Alone?” He questioned.

I nodded, “My parents rarely are at home.” I said.

“But still, you are tired after one whole day. Let me send you home now.” He offered.

“But is it okay if we leave now?” I asked, looking at the people whom are still around.

He nodded, “I just had to make my appearance, plus I achieved what I want already.” Jong In said and eyed those reporters.

He helped me to stand and pulled me closer to him, the shutter lights were flashing again, “See? We are done for the day.” He said so close to my ears and then he left a kiss on my forehead.

 

The reporters came swarming around us, “Kim Jong In ssi, who is this lady related to you? Is she your girlfriend?”

Apparently, the marriage between Jong In and Krystal were not made public due to Jong In not accepting the marriage wholeheartedly.

He planned to get Krystal to sign the divorce paper and let everything cease before even letting the media know about their marriage. 

Jong In remained poker face, “I am sorry, please respect her. You can take photos of me but not her, she's a close friend of mine in school.” He said and hugged me so that he could cover me.

“But you and the lady had pretty intimate actions between each other, are you still denying that she's not your girlfriend?” Another reported asked.

I wonder what he would answer, didn't he want me to be his girlfriend? Why can't he just say so?

“She is.” He said.

He still said so, it was expected but I didn't know why I feel hurt instead.

“Can both of you show a more intimate action?” Another requested.

Jong In tried keeping his calm, “Isn't this intimate enough?” He asked.

I grabbed onto his coat due to uneasiness and he looked at me, “Don't worry.” He said and left yet another kiss on my forehead.

“She's still shy and I didn't want her to be photographed as she's still a student. Please do understand this.” Jong In said and then he carried me up and we left the ballroom.

We got back into the car, he was panting after carrying me while he runs, “Thank you.” I said.

He smiled, “That's something I should do.” He said and catches his breath before getting ready to drive me home.

“Jong In, can you not send me home now?” I asked.

“You don't want to go home?” He questioned.

I nodded, “Going back to an empty house has no fun at all.” I said.

 

Upon hearing, Jong In softened, “Then where do you want to go?” He asked gently.

“Can I stay over at your place? I mean, I could sleep on the sofa in the living room.. Just don't bring me home tonight.” I said, I really don't feel like going home.

“I could let you sleep over in one of the guest rooms, how could I let you sleep on the sofa? We are friends aren't we?” He asked and lets out a smile that was as though healing.

I smiled back and we went back to his place, “Krystal?” Jong In saw her seating on the sofa.

I went to him right after I removed my shoes and was surprised to see her sitting there too.

She lets out a cold laugh, “Seems like you and her are taking the act too seriously.. Jong In, I know you too well, she isn't your girlfriend.” Krystal said.

Jong In stared at her, “Where's Lay? Why are you here?” He took his phone out and called Lay, “Where are you now? Bring Krystal back to the hospital.” He said.

“I am sorry Mister. I am on my back there now.” He said.

Jong In hung up the call, “Krystal, leave the house when Lay comes over to fetch you.” He said.

“You are chasing me away? Kim Jong In, I am the female owner of this house, don't you forget the fact!” She stood up and shouted.

“I am tired.” Jong In didn't even bother to talk to her, he turned and held my hand and we went upstairs.

 

Krystal followed him right up into the room and he pushed me aside, “What are you doing!” And as Jong In spoke, Krystal placed something into his mouth which immediately melted,

“What did you feed me with?” Jong In questioned, she just smirked, “Since you aren't touching me, I shall make you do so.” She pushed him into the room and I was just left outside.

I heard the main door opening and stood up with my own might, my ankle hurts, I saw Lay coming up, “She's in the room, she seems to be a little off.” I said.

Lay nodded and then went in the room, Jong In immediately told him to pull Krystal away.

After the commotion, the whole house was back to quiet when both Lay and Krystal left the house.

“.. After I leave, wouldn't Jong In have no one to release it with? He wouldn't do it with her, I guess?” Krystal thought and could do nothing as she is now tied up and sent back to the hospital.

 

I decided to walk into the room, “Jong In, are you alright?”

He didn't reply. 

 


Do comment and upvote this ^^

I am sorry if I can't reply to your story comments but I have seen it and I really thank the readers whom have commented <3