2

Hate U, Love U
|Chapter 2 ||
R e m i n i s c i n g  T h e  M e m o r i e s
 
 
“Good morning class” their teacher greeted as she came inside “We have a Chinese transfer student from Canada”
*A Chinese from Canada? Those two words remind me of XianHua* JungMi thought and waited for the new student to come in with full anticipation.
“Come in, please” the teacher called the new student “Introduce yourself to the class” she said as soon as the new student reached the front.
“Hello~ My name is Henry Lau” the new student introduced himself in straight English.
The girls inside the room squealed while the boys envied Henry for having such good looks. JungMi felt disappointed as she was expecting XianHua, her childhood best friend.
 
“Class, be quiet. Mr. Lau, you can seat beside the girl over there” the teacher said and pointed the chair beside JungMi since the student who is seated there is absent “Anyway, I need to leave now because I have some important matters to do in the office” she continued and left.
 
Henry grabs the chance to find JungMi who he didn’t know, is just seating beside him. His eyes roamed around the classroom then landed on the girl on his right side “Uhmm. Hello, what’s your name?” he hesitatingly asked.
“Park JungMi” JungMi briefly introduced and slightly bowed.
Henry’s jaws dropped and eyes widened *Really? You are JungMi already? My long lost childhood best friend?* without hesitations, he hugged her which shocked JungMi.
“Y-- Yah. What are you doing? Le-- Let go of me” she hissed as she struggle at Henry’s arms. Good thing they are at the back so no one saw them.
Henry suddenly realized what he is doing and quickly let go of JungMi “I’m sorry” *Pabo! I forgot she doesn’t know me since I’m using my English name*
“Why did you do that?” she asked, angry.
“Because…” Henry is trying to think of what he’ll answer *Should I tell her now? No. Maybe I should surprise her later during break* he thought and continued “I just thought you’re beautiful and I wanted to hug you”
JungMi scoffed and stared at him in disbelief “Huh! Are you crazy? What a lame reason” she said and shook her head.
 
Their teacher for their first class then came but JungMi couldn’t concentrate on class. She was zoning out and thinking about the good memories in the past.
 
“JungMi-ah…” XianHua called JungMi in front of her room but no response “JungMi-ah…” he repeated but still, no response. He slightly twisted the door knob and he realized that the door isn’t locked. He went inside and found JungMi’s sleeping figure. He stared at her angelic sleeping face for a while and piched her cheek *Why so cute?* he giggled before trying to wake her up “Milky…”
“Hhm~” JungMi woke up “Mochi? Wae?” she asked while rubbing her eyes.
“I wanna give you something” XianHua smilingly said.
“What is it?” JungMi asked curiously.
“This!” XianHua brought out a cute, pink clip.
JungMi took the clip from XianHua “Wow~ It’s pretty” she said as she is smiling brightly while examining the clip.
XianHua grabbed it back from JungMi “I thought of giving you a clip so that I can see your face clearly” he said while clipping it on JungMi’s bangs.
“Gomawo Mochi~” JungMi thanked him “I should give you something too” she mumbled while looking around her room to find what to give to XianHua. She beamed as soon as he found her silver bracelet on her side table. JungMi held XianHua’s wrist and put the thing onto it “This bracelet was given by my mother. I can still remember how she put it onto my hand. So better take care of it, arasseo?”
“Really?! You are really giving me this?” XianHua questioned and JungMi nodded “But your mother might get angry”
“I’m sure she’ll not. She is definitely happy that I gave it to the person that makes me happy” JungMi assured “Oh!” she grabbed XianHua’s wrist again “My name is also written there!” she showed him where her name is engraved “See?”
“Wow~ It’s my pleasure to have this then” XianHua said, admiring the bracelet and then looked up “I promise to wear this everyday and make sure this won’t lose. And you should too, arasseo? That’s a very unique one. My mom made that especially for you” XianHua said as he is pointing to the clip on JungMi’s hair.
JungMi gaped in amusement and nodded “I also promise!” she shouted.
 
JungMi suddenly turned to Henry and caught him staring at her “What are you staring at?” she asked coldly *Aish~ I’m starting to hate this guy*
Henry slightly jumped “Ahh… The clip… Who gave you that clip? It suits you” Henry said, stuttering.
JungMi rolled her eyes “None of your business, mister”
*I’m certain you are the Park JungMi I know. That’s the clip that I gave you, right? I’m happy that you still have it. Well, I still also have the bracelet you gave me* he thought and the bracelet which is inside his pocket.
 
 
 

 
 
Chapter 2 is out~ Please do make a comment. I really wanna know your thoughts. Enjoy reading :D
 

mrs_henrylau89