『 o n e 』

\\ A T R A C T I O N //

The tense, accidental first meeting
Chapter one  | Attraction 

 

I was ready to hit the road - figuratively speaking, of course. Along with my best friend since forever, Kwon Min, we were heading out of our apartment and out onto the street, where the air was cool and the cars honked their horns at us as we walked along the street. I smirked at the drivers responses, knowing they must be male, since we weren't exactly dressed in everyday wear.

I was in my little black sparkly dress, matching black sparkly heels with my long dark hair left down and my eyes played up in that "smokey come-hither" appeal. Although my top half was covered - the nape reaching my neck and the sleeves full but loose, - my legs were on full display giving me the appearance of long legs, without actually having them. At 5,2 I was short, and what was worse was that I couldn't even claim I'd grow more, since I was 21 now and way out of my teenage years. 

Min, on the other hand, was a true head turner. 

With her long legs, S line body and pale, flawless skin, Min turned heads even without the looker catching a glimpse of her slim, V shaped face, dark eyes and pouty lips. The only thing she lacked than the girls of the coveted band SNSD was double eyelids, something which she refused to resort to surgery for and something which I had inherited naturally from my American Father. 

She was, she would say, beautiful enough without the double eyelid to overkill.

Once far enough down the main road that she was confident we could be seen. My the main traffic, Min tried to flag down a taxi.

"Ah, poo." I sighed, glancing into my clutch. "I left my cell." 

"If you score any numbers, just give them mine." She offered. I shook my head glumly.

"No... That's alright. I didn't plan to take any numbers tonight, anyhow. I just wanted to get some pics for my blog." 

"You're not giving up already, are you?" She demanded. 

"No no... I just don't have any interest in... You know." I mouthed the word 'idols' to her.

Sure, perhaps dating an Idol was every girls dream, but that was a road I'd already been down, and I wasn't about to go down in again. Instead, I wanted to be (to quote Super Junior) 'y, Free and Single'. I quickly changed the topic and we discussed how fabulous Min's hot pink mini dress with, going well with her dyed blonde hair with pink tips. We were kind of opposites, Min and I. Dark and light, some called us, because honestly, we just didnt seem to mesh outwardly, yet we had such similar personalities that those who did know us could swear we were sisters in a past life.

She'd accompanied me when I'd run away from home at 15, helped me get a apart time job and even held down her own to help support our apartment we'd managed to rent. We'd lived together ever since, and now, six years on, we were finally living the so called "dream" by attending an exclusive, V.I.P idol bash. 

It wasn't  so much the Idols I was looking forward to seeing, but the open bar and general upscale atmosphere!

Min soon managed to flag down a taxi, and we talked him into turn the music up and spent the ten minute drive signing at the top of our lungs and putting behind us the bad memories of the last two years. We were young, and we were ready to have a good time.

I knew immediately when we had reached the club by she sheer number of photographers and fangirls wearing trashy clothes trying to get past the meaty bouncers. Min paid the taxi man and we hopped out of the car and approached the bouncer, who ushered us forward, seeing new faces. Still, he looked sceptical. 

Min fished out our two signed, named invites from her bag and we both flashed our ID's. He nodded approvingly as he handed them back to us, his expression suddenly turning friendly now he knew we were invited guests.

"Thanks, ladies. You girls enjoy yourselves." He winked and slipped a golden band onto our wrists. I read "[S] V.I.P" - for special v.i.p and smiled approvingly. We were top dogs. 

Min gave him a wide smile.

"Oh we shall." She called over her shoulder as she pulled me in through the wide doors, leaving behind the screams of the fangirls and paps trying to work out wo we were - and whether we could get them in, too.

The club was, of course, spectacular.

High ceilings showing special V.I.P balconies, a huge lit up bar, dance floor and DJ box and girls dancing in cages, on poles, on ribbons hanging from the ceiling and then just everywhere in general. Everyone looked amazing, and it was clear we'd stepped into the world of the beautiful. 

Imediately I made a beeline for the open bar and ordered myself a vodka and coke and a shot. Min ordered the same, grinning at me in that way which I knew meant the fun was about to start.

"Actually, make that two shots each." She told the barman with a wink. 

He brought two more clear shots over with a flourish, before moving to serve someone else. I sniffed it and cringed at the choice. I hated sambuca. 

"One... Two... THREE!" Min yelled over the heavy beat of the dance track, and I downed my first shot, just managing to suppress a gag as the mixture burned down my throat and ticked my gag reflex.

She called out again and the second shot slid down my throat, this time with a little less burn. I knew from experience that they'd go down easier the more I had, hence why Min knew to start me off, quick. She ordered two more, and we quickly downed them before making a move, our glasses in hand.

We approached the wide staircase that lead up to the rooms on the balcony, and where two more bouncers stood. They observed our special V.I.P bands before letting us pass, and we both rushed up excitedly.

At the top, waiting for us and wearing a smart, navy shirt with a loose tie, slim fit jeans and converse with his hair artfully messy, was Min's cousin - And recently a famous Idol.

"Jong In-ssi!" She squealed, giving him a hug. He squeezed her back and gave her a smile.

"Glas to have you back, Unni. And seriously, call me Kai when there's fans about" He told her, giving the people on the dance floor a cheeky wave as Min pushed him back with an eye roll. 

"I see you've become more arogant." She noted, pretending to shake her head disapprovingly. "Still, It's great to be back on Korean soil. We've been hearing about your success from Japan, haven't we, Hana?" She asked, skilfully bringing me into the conversation.

I nodded and gave him a polite smile.

"Yes. Congratulations, by the way." I offered. His smile widened as he took me in, not even attempted to mask what he was doing. 

"Oh wow... thanks..." He commented, his eyes locked on my legs, "So this is the girl you ran away from Aunt and Uncles for." He asked of Min, striking an age old guilt in me.

Min just laughed and slapped his arm.

"Of course. This is Hana, my bestest friend. I don't care how famous you are now, Kai, you leave her alone. Only I can taunt her." 

I pouted and gave her arm a slap.

"Hey!" I protested. We both grinned whilst Kai watched our exchange closely.

"Ahh, I wouldn't dream of it, Unni. Come, girls. I'll show you to our amazing room." 

He opened the door at the top of the stairs and led us down the hall that followed. There were four doors, and he choose the one at the very far end.

"Whose party is this, again?" I asked no one in particular.

It was Kai who answered. 

"It's for SMILE Magazine. They invited all the Idols they've worked with this year as a way to thank us for helping their magazine achieve the best sales figures yet. That's why everything free." He explained. "Everyone without the golden band are just SMILE Staff. The goldies are us important ones." He winked at me as he said it, gesturing to hisown golden band and I giggled at his attempt at charm.

Pushing open the door to the private room, we found it bustling with bodies of young boys pretty much going wild, the balconies thick curtains drawn shut for privacy of the people bellow on the dance floor. At our entrance, they stopped what they were doing and stared at us, their eyes lighting up.

"Is this your cousin?" One demanded, sounding sceptical.

Kai laughed and hooked his arm around Min's neck, causing her to push him away roughly and shoot him a warning look. Nobody manhandled Min without her permission. 

"Yep, my lovely cousin, Min-Unni, and her best friend Hana-Unni." I felt a little taken off guard by his casual use of my name, though didn't want to be a prune.

"Hello, everybody! I'm Hana, please treat me well." I flashed them a grin and watched as they all stood quickly and bowed lowly, ooh'ing appreciatively. 

"We'll definitely take care of you!" One called, his tone blatently suggestive. 

"Shut up, Baek!" Kai muttered, shooting the speaker daggers. 

He smiled at me apologetically and offered his arm. I accepted and sat with the boys on the sofas, where I quickly joined in with their easy talking and childish banter, if a litttle awkwardly. They were all clearly too young for us to be socialising with, but I didnt comment in respect for Min. Jong In was the first family member she had seen since she had left home with me, six years ago. I owed her way more than this.

A man came in regularly taking drink orders so we didn't have to go down to the bar, and the drinks kept flowing. It wasn't long before I felt the warm buzz of tipseyness. I leaned over to tap Min's shoulder, distracting her from the story she was listening too about a performance or other. They were all very eager to impress. 

"Wanna dance?" I asked. The music wasn't as loud in here, though from behind the closed balcony curtains it could certainly be heard.

Min nodded enthusiastically.

"Where ya going?" The one called Kris asked.

He was, Min had explained in a whisper when we had first settled, the 'leader' though I found him just as immature as the rest. 

"To dance. Tell Kai where we've gone, please." I called over her shoulder as she pulled me along and out of the V.I.P area. 

I giggled as we swayed our way onto the dance floor and began to dance, moving to the beat of the music and letting my tipseyness and floaty mind fly away. A felt a hand grab my waist gently, and I turned to see a guy with a shock of white blond hair grinning at me coyly.

"Jung Ha Na." I offered, turning in his hold to flash him a smile. We danced facing one another, though his hand had left my waist. 

"Kim Him Chan." He smiled back. "You're beautiful." I smiled from the compliment.

"Thanks! Your a petty boy yourself." I sassed back. He laughed. 

"Just pretty? Ouch! You wounded my manly pride!" He joked. "You girls wanna hang out in our V.I.P room?" He offered.

I glanced at Min curiously to see her chatting and dancing to another bright blond haired boy. I blinked, taken back. Was it a craze now in Korea to have blond hair? 

"Ah, my group mate." HimChan offered, catching my gaze. "Moon Jong Up." 

"He seems a little young for her." I mused, though noted he had some killer dance moves which Min was enjoying watching.

"Why, how old is she?" He asked, taken back. "In fact... How old are you?"

I gave him an innocent smile and batted my eyelashes, as Min often does.

"I guess you'll have to find out when you take us to your V.I.P room." I suggested.

He laughed again.

"Ah, I like you already. Yeah, lets go. You coming, JongUp?" He called to his friend. 

Min looked over curiously, and she came to join us with JongUp, the four of us dancing in a sort of circle.

"Go where...?" Min asked me. 

"Their V.I.P booth." I wiggled my eyebrows, which caused her face to light up in a grin. 

She wasn't my best friend for nothing.

"Yeah sure, let us get some more drinks from the bar, first though." 

I remembered my glass waiting with the EXO boys and nodded in agreement. We told them we'd meet them at the top of the V.I.P stairs and set off towards the bar, weaving between moving bodies. 

As we walked I felt the floor swaying gently under my feet and giggled as I bumped into Min, causing her to laugh along. By the time we had reached the bar we were a giggling mess, and could barely find the breath to tell the barman what we wanted. 

"Two... Two... Two soju!" Min finally spat out. 

We giddily knocked back the shots, before ordering a refill. As I knocked back the second, I tilted my head alittle too far back, causing me to stumble and knock into the person behind me. Choking on my shot, I quickly swallowed and turned around with an apologetic grin... And ultimately knocked his glass over on the bar, sending beer spilling everywhere. I lept back with a gasp, wary of my dress.

"Ah, crap." I muttered, inspecting my dress. Thankfully none had spilled on me, so I looked up with a relieved sigh. "Sorry about that!" I smiled apologetically. 

But the guy didn't smile in return, instead patting down his dark jeans with a grim expression. I noticed quite a bit of beer had spilled on him.

"Ah, some hit you! Here, let me help-"

"Don't!" He snapped, moving away from me. "Just... Stay over there, will you?" 

I froze and raised my eyebrows.

"Excuse me? I was trying to be polite." He snorted at my words.

"Polite girls don't throw back soju like a middle aged man and spill other people's drinks." He pointed out with disgust. I felt my mouth pop open at his rudeness.

"Oh yeah? Well, polite men aren't rude to people trying to help them!" I sapped. He smirked, though it lacked any warmth. 

"I never said I was polite." With that he accepted a fresh beer bottle from the barman and strode off without another word, vanishing into the crowds.

I stared after him stunned and quite frankly pissed off.

"Can you believe that ?" I demanded to Min, turning to face her. 

She turned from where she was flirting with a guy in a smart outfit to give me a puzzled look.

"Huh? What? Ah, somebody spilled!" She gasped, moving away from the slash zone. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, I did." I muttered. She giggled and handed me over a Vodka and coke. 

"You clutz. Come on, then. Let's head up." We began to weave through the crowd towards the V.I.P stairs. 

"Do you know what band they're with?" I asked her as we headed up. She shook her head.

"Nope, though they look funny with matching hair colours." She giggled. I laughed too, because I had thought the same thing. 

Pas we stepped into the V.I.P hall, a door at the very end opened, and a familiar blond head poked out. It was JongUp. 

"In here!" He called. 

We headed inside and I noticed immediately the difference in the atmosphere to the EXO room. These guys - and there was six of them - were sat down calmly and it looked like they were playing some sort of drinking game. They also all had matching blond hair and talking, except for one with his earphones jammed in and scribbling in a notepad, who was wearing a-

I grabbed Min's wrist tightly. She turned to give me a curious look.

"That guy... Which the hat on... It's him whose drink I spilled!" I whispered urgently. 

She looked over at him curiously.

"He's the you were complaining about?" I nodded. "He's sorta hot." With that she sauntered over to the sofa and sat next to JongUp. 

I slowly made my way over, my eyes forever flicking over to him as I sat down next to HimChan. Not once did the look up. 

"Wanna play?" HimChan offered. I looked at him curiously.

"Play what?" I asked dumbly. I was too preoccupied with keeping an eye on the , waiting for the moment he recognised me. 

"Our drinking game!" He smiled. "Basically, what you do is..." I tried to listen, sipping on my drink idly, but I couldn't focus. He still hasn't looked up... How antisocial was this ? I supposed it explained a thing or two about him. 

I played along with the game, and soon forgot about him. Whenever one of us lost, we took a shot, and though both Min and I kept loosing at first, we soon got the hang of the game. It wasn't long before I found myself walking the very thin line between tipseyness and drunk. 

Min, who wasn't quite as good at the game as I was, was most certainly drunk. 

There was only HimChan, YoungJae and DaeHyun playing, the too busy scribbling in his notepad in the corner of the room and JongUp and the other JunHong, who was the Maknae of the group, were too young to drink. Still, JunHong joined in as the judge, making sure none of us cheated and JongUp helped Min.

HimChan was very social, laughing and joking and keeping the conversation flowing. JongUp seemed a little shy, though after a while he was soon chatting comfortably with Min, who I noticed he watched closely. Both YoungJae and DaeHyun were joking around with one another and making everyone laugh. JunHong - the Maknae, was shy and had trouble looking us in the eye, but was very sweet and friendly. It was obvious he respected his Hyung's. 

"Another game?" HimChan asked with an eye wiggle. Min sighed and leaned back.

"Not me. I wanna dance." She admitted with a slur. JongUp's eyes lit up.

"Me too!" He blurted. Min appraised him for a moment before shrugging and climbing to her feet, grabbing his wrist as she did so, dragging him up with her.

"Okay, I'll be on the dance floor, Hana." She told me. I waved her away distractedly as I focused on the game.

"We need some more players." HimChan noted. He got up and stumbled over to the , tapping his arm. "Ya! Take your earphones out!" He called.

As he glanced up and took out his ear buds, he gave HimChan a curious look.

"Hyung, come play with us! We need some more players!" HimChan complained. 

Then, finally, the turned his head to look at the other members, and his eyes locked onto mine instantly. 

We stared at one another a moment, his expression unreadable. Then, slowly, his head tilted to the side and his lips lifted into a sneer. 

"We'll well well, if it isn't the rude girl." He noted, his voice deep and raspy. 

I blinked, and finally managed to break out of the trance his full-on gaze seemed to have me under. My earlier anger returned at his attitude,

"And if it isn't the . Dried off, yet?" 

 


 

✔ He tilts his head slightly to the side when your eyes meet.
- How to tell he likes you -
 

Authors note:

Hope you liked this! The bit above in the black box is taken from the Cosmopolitan Magazine, in which they discussed signs a guy is into you and how he shows his attraction.

I hope to use all these in my fic as a way to show how they both express their attraction to one another. Expect to see a different one per chapter, and see if you can spot where they're all hidden in the chapters ;-)