flashback

94608000 - The Story Of His Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*flashback*

-86300-

"Appa! Appa! How are you feeling today?" I walked into my dad's hospital room. His face has turned even more pale then yesterday. He looked less lifely and was talking less. Worriedness and emptiness filled me from within. Is he going to leave us so soon? 

-85559-

"What does those numbers mean? The set of numbers hovering above dad's head had gotten lesser and lesser over time. In fact his numbers were lesser than mom's. Will the numbers ever get to 0? What will happen then?" Thoughts of all kind bombarded my head. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get an anwser to ay of my very own questions. 

-75000-

"Dear, it is getting late why not you go beck home and rest? You still have school tommorrow." Hearing that, I turned my head to take a glace of the clock. '9:10pm' Not wanting to cause any extra burden on my parents, I reluctantly obeyed and made my way back home. Thoughts of what the set of numbers meant never left my mind. They were just pushed towards the back of it. 

"Ringgg~ RInggg~" I jumped out of my bed and hurriedly went to prepare everything in the shortest time ever. 'Maybe I could squeeze in some time before I have to go to school to visit dad.' I thought to myself. A voice deep inside of me tells me that dad would not be able to live for long. This voice tells me that i should spend more time with him before I regret it. I guess no one wants to live a life filled with regrets and guilt. 

I got out of the house within a matter of minutes. I rushed into a taxi and told the driver the name of the hospital that dad was in. Soon, I arrived at the new room which they had transfered my dad to. I was told, hours after I left last night, my dad had yet another episode of a minor heart attack but nothing big really happened. My mom, who had stayed behind to look after my dad, had requested for him to be transfered to a specialised unit so that my dad would be able to receive 24/7 attention incase another episode happpens. 

I walked into the room. The smile on my dad's face comforted me. At least he is happy. 

  -39000-

6.10am - There is still an hour before school started and school is just a ten minustes walk from the hospital. This gave me more time to spend with my dad. People said that time flies when you are happy. That is incredible true.

-33000-

7

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter