ix. Between Bestfriends

Kencentric One-Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pair: KenBin (friendship focus) + various implied pairs

Hongbin smirks when he hears someone leaving on the next room. His pulse was rising from adrenaline and he wasn’t even doing anything yet. It was just his mind reminding himself of the good old days that he was about to relive. He was glad that he was right about those quick glances meaning something more or else he would’ve missed an opportunity.  

Court.

His phone says and he grabs his sweats swiftly, pulling a black hoodie to match with it before storming out. This is exciting.

It was almost eleven thirty in the evening and it was chilly outside but Hongbin was smiling too much, his body warmed up on its own. He can already hear the echoing dribble from the abandoned court they played and filmed at earlier. 

“Jaehwan!” Hongbin, with a smile that seemed tattooed on his lips, called with his hands inside his pockets.

“You forgot your formalities in your room,”

“As if you mind,”

The older lad clicks his tongue before making a shot, half looking at the hoop and half at Hongbin who stripped off his hoodie to reveal a plain white shirt.

“Show off,” Hongbin jogs his way under the basket to catch the ball and quickly shooting it back in.

“You were like that the whole day,” Jaehwan blocks the younger lad from behind.

Hongbin chuckles, taking a quick step back before charging forward to pull a lay-up. The ball enters with a swoosh and Jaehwan chuckles, his hands on his hips.

“I miss basketball,” he admits honestly, that permanent smile not wearing out anytime soon.  

“I can clearly see that,” Jaehwan beams before throwing the cap he was wearing. It landed next to Hongbin’s hoodie that was lying on the grass.

“I also miss playing it with you,”

Jaehwan doesn’t reply and stole the ball from the younger, doing a fade-away shot and also making it in. He looks up to the empty dark sky but continued to smile as well.

“It’s the only time, I can see Jaehwan without the shadow of Ken,”

“Ken and Jaehwan are the same, if not Jaehwan is more thrilling than annoying,” Jaehwan meets his gaze and dribbles the ball, eyes not leaving the starless sky.

Hongbin chuckles while nodding his head, tapping the ball harshly for a steal. Jaehwan was on a quick defense, cornering him from the border lines. The younger dribbles the ball on his side before making a spin to continue dribbling it closer to the court. He was going to make a shot when Jaehwan jumped behind him and completely blocked it. The ball harshly hit the fence before rolling back at the center of the court.

“Let’s make a bet. Winner gets a piggyback ride back to the hotel,” Hongbin announces between pants as he dribbles the ball again.

“Childish,”

“I don’t get to act like that everytime unlike you,” the artwork winks before doing a long shot. The ball circles the ring before dropping inside the hoop where Jaehwan caught it expectantly.

“Okay okay. First to get fifteen points—I have a feeling Hakyeon’s about to find out we’re gone,”

Hongbin nods. “Prepare to lose!”

“Very childish.”

 

It was almost one in the morning when the game ended. Both had played way too seriously but without any regrets. The two young lads had fallen next to each other, chest bare and heaving. They were a panting mess from their fits of laughter and exhaustion that they clearly didn’t give a damn about. They’re thoroughly elated.

“I won,”

“Because you cheated,”

Jaehwan raised an eyebrow before tapping the younger’s chin gently and synchronizing their laughs again. They were a meter away from the fence’s lamp and it’s casting soft glows on their equally beautiful features. 

 

“What if he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter