Push & Pull

Kencentric One-Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pair: KEo

 

Taekwoon didn’t fall short on noticing what he’s doing—or at least what he was trying to do—for the past few weeks.

It started out subtly, like letting the older main vocal use the only spare practice booth left (Ravi taking over the other one religiously) without his usual childish complaints to go first or his forceful aegyo-filled suggestion to practice together instead with an additional bargain of sharing his snacks.

It gradually became bolder when he deliberately trains with their trainer longer than he used to. Taekwoon would notice because he confessed to the eldest members of their group that he feels too intimidated in training formally. He actually needed to see Hakyeon or him inside the booth to rehearse properly. Ken had never trained alone with their vocal trainer except that one time when he was forced to by CEO Hwang.  

Taekwoon started to notice more of the latter’s schemes of avoiding him that he thought, in confidence, would just eventually die down by itself if he too remained calm and play it cool. After all the younger lad is peculiar by nature and he’s used to seeing the other male acting awkward at times and then back like a switch. He’d give him kudos for at least trying his best not to make his oddness obvious to the rest of the members though, especially to their leader whom has his nose poking on everyone’s business more often than not that Taekwoon is almost too sure his stage name, N, stands for nuisance.

He had enough though. Taekwoon was losing his wits to find any form of logic behind his dongsaeng’s sudden hostility towards him. Yes, towards him and only him. It’s what bothered him the most. It would’ve been a little better if everyone’s being treated the same way but it’s really just him. It’s like Taekwoon had acquired some sort of contagious sickness that the latter didn’t want to catch so he avoids him with the exception of them being on television wherein some fans had noticed their unusual fanservice, Taekwoon seemingly initiating or implying it (VIXX EP. 75) more than the younger.

Look at how Leo oppa looks at Ken oppa~

It’s so nice to see the main vocals together!

The bond of Ken and Leo are getting stronger.

My KEo feels!

Bond? Taekwoon laughs bitterly when he reads those comments over their Youtube channel before. If only they saw how Ken bolted right away upon hearing the PD’s ‘cut!’ and disappearing somewhere. He only returned when their almost done filming with the magnae line already saying their last remarks.  

It was hurtful and it really made feel bitter. Taekwoon wasn’t used to that kind of treatment. He was used to having the younger vocal around him, along with Hakyeon to ruin his day religiously. He turned cold towards him all of a sudden. Taekwoon thought that it was only him who’s in-charge of that image; stoic and cold outside but relatively warm and timid inside. Ken was supposed to be in-charge of being the bridge of all that is VIXX. He’s the combination of N’s brazenness and loudness, Hongbin’s warm smile and weirdness, Hyuk’s wits and childishness and Ravi’s undying determination and slight ersion.

To sum it up, he’s everything but Taekwoon and that’s okay. It really is. He actually likes the fact that they’re contradicting; the polar opposite of each other. It made him feel much fuller as a person, having to know that there’s Jaehwan that completes him at the end; perfecting his imperfections by fitting right through what he lacks as a person and making things better.

Having said that, what Jaehwan’s doing is making him feel incomplete and he wasn’t used to that feeling anymore. It made him feel like craving for something he can’t have and he was never good in holding back when his eyes were set onto something. He thought Jaehwan would know that part of him better than anyone else by now but he might be wrong.

 

“Wait! Hyung—OW!”

Taekwoon corners Jaehwan inside their shared room, arms forward to cage the younger by the door as soon as it closes. His gaze is dark and sharp towards the latter who was trying to avoid it with all his power even right at that moment. The younger’s eyes were calculative as if he was planning his escape but Taekwoon already knew and was relentle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter