Compensatory Ficlet

Kencentric One-Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinxed (KEo)

Taekwoon almost threw himself out of the van as it stopped, earning a deafening cry, “YAH! Are you crazy?!”, from Hakyeon. He didn’t care though because his mind wasn’t functioning right the moment they arrived at the airport and heard the news about Jaehwan being taken to the hospital for food poisoning. If he had the chance to jump off the plane he would’ve done the same thing.

“Oh, hyun—“

“Where’s Jaehwan?” Taekwoon cuts in as soon as he took a step inside the dorm not even minding to remove his shoes by the entrance

“In the room, he’s… sleeping.“ Hongbin blinked several times as his hyung slammed the door at him.

 

Taekwoon hissed at himself when he slammed the door not knowing the other was asleep. Jaehwan, groaned as he slowly woke up to meet the other main vocal who was slowly walking towards the bed.

“Hyung, you’re back…”

“Yeah…I’m sorry for waking you up,” Taekwoon replies attentively, going to Jaehwan’s side. He winced at the sight of the saline solution attached to the younger. 

Jaehwan sees through the reaction and grabbed the latter’s hand reassuringly. “I’m fine. This would help me feel better quickly.”

Taekwoon understood but he still can’t help but worry about Jaehwan. He was on the other line with Hongbin yesterday when Jaehwan was sent to ER—upon arriving back to Korea since the two had to attend to their filming schedules—and he can still hear the younger’s soft whimpers. Although it wasn’t serious as he imagined it to be, it still scared the hell out of him.  

“I was worried sick.” Taekwoon admitted, sighing heavily as he knelt on the floor and kissed Jaehwan’s hand that held his own tightly. He feels the younger male’s fingers threading through his hair and he finally feels the lump on his throat gone.

“Hyung…”

“Hm?”

“I think you jinxed me.” Jaehwan suddenly deadpans as he untangled his hand on the latter’s head.

“W-what… do you mean?” Taekwoon asks, looking up to him in confusion.

“Remember your wish for me on my birthday? You wanted me to be healthier?” Jaehwan explains. “I wasn’t really sick last year but now I keep on getting colds and the food poisoning…”

“Are you telling me it’s my fault?”

“Mhm.” Jaehwan nodded his head without a second thought. Taekwoon bites his lip, feeling bitter. “Sorry then.”

There’s a brief moment of silence between the two, guilty eyes and peculiar ones meeting. Taekwoon wanted to look away feeling a little upset at what’s been told but Jaehwan gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

“Forgiven but—“ Jaehwan sternly mutters but then cracks a genuine smile on his face. “—you can make up for it.”

Taekwoon suddenly finds himself breaking into one of his coy smiles, bringing back Jaehwan’s right hand to kiss it again before he squeezed in the bed right next to the younger. He cradles the other main vocal close to him, feeling his soft locks against his cheek; a familiar scent of lemon filling his senses and relieving him more.

“Will this be enough?” he asked suggestively.

Jaehwan smiles brightly, cozying up close to the older lad with his pale cheeks finding more color as he kis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter