xviii. Blood Works

Kencentric One-Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Teaser Fic : Blood Works (AU)

Pair: KEo + various fandom pairs

Genre: Fantasy

“Pssh… we’re better-looking than those people.” Jaehwan clicks his tongue as he folded his arms across his chest. Taekwoon looks at him and sighed and changed the channel to sports instead.

“What? You don’t believe? I sing and you play the piano! All we need is a catchy group name and a record label and will eat them alive on stage!”

“You make me dizzy Jae,” Taekwoon waves his right hand, signaling the pacing Jaehwan to go back to the sofa and just stay still.

“We can go by the name of… V.I.X.X!” Jaehwan ignores him and continued with his outburst of ideas. “Sounds cool, right?!”

“And what does V.I.X.X. stands for?” Taekwoon asked reluctantly, riding along the younger’s usual excessive energy and randomness in the morning. Well actually anytime of the day but most especially in the morning. 

“Hmm… Voice…Visual… Value in Excelsis!” he claps his hands together excitedly and Taekwoon looked at him bewildered as ever.

“How do you even spell V.I.X.X?”

Jaehwan writes it down on a piece of paper swiftly as if to make his idea clearer for the older lad which did nothing but the opposite.

“You have three V’s and not even a single X. It doesn’t make any sense…”

“Such a smarty-pants!” Jaehwan pouts, crumpling the paper and throwing it to Taekwoon who dodged it casually. “Can’t you just agree with me without so much interrogation?”

Taekwoon sighed and raised both of his hands up. “Whatever. I was just curious so I asked,”

“Did I ever ask you why you’re still here, living with me? I did not, right?”

Taekwoon froze on his tracks when he turns to leave the impending nonsensical quarrel between them. He felt a little offended with the question, although there have been times he wondered if Jaehwan would ever ask him that. Now that he did, he was still caught off guard and he ends up looking back at Jaehwan stoically.

“Do you want me to leave?” he asks softly, just taking a side glance at Jaehwan who gasped exaggeratedly upon hearing his question.  

“No!” Jaehwan replied quickly running up to him and clinging onto his shoulder. “Do you want to leave me?”

Taekwoon meets Jaehwan’s pleading gaze and sighed. When he saw Jaehwan’s eyes turning red, he quickly pacifies the boy by patting the latter’s head gently. “If I wanted to leave, I wouldn't be here talking to you,”

Jaehwan smile returned and he rubbed his head on Taekwoon’s arm like a kitten. The older had fought back the urge to embrace the endearing kid in his arms.

“Right!”

“Right what?” Taekwoon raises an eyebrow, tucking his hands on his pockets.

“Because Taekwoonie hyung is upgraded to being my bodyguard!” Jaehwan announced.

“How is that an upgrade?” Taekwoon clicked his tongue to relay his distaste to such title. “Making me an underling is an upgrade?”

“Pssh… don’t be grumpy! It’s like that movie we watched! Do you remember The Bodyguard!?” Jaehwan smiles giddily, bouncing next to him and patting his back.

Taekwoon quickly recollected his thoughts until he finally remembered the only not monster-related film he watched with Jaehwan. He swatted Jaehwan’s hands lightly and flicked the latter’s forehead that earned him a pout.

“So you want me to be a Caucasian man and you as a black woman?

Jaehwan stares at him for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter