3

Thehun Bubbletea

 

JULY 20, 2013

 

“AWW, LOOK AT THAT. I haven’t seen him in ages,” a voice behind me says. I turn around and saw my husband, smiling like a kid who just found his long lost toy.

“I was planning on bringing it with me to the book launch,” He gives me an inquiring look,  and I say, “I think it’ll be a nice touch. I bet the readers would want to see the real thing.”

"I see,” he says. “But am I not enough? I mean, I am the leading guy in your book after all.”

“But your words on this dog’s tag is the reason why my novel is called 365 Days.

Sehun snatches Thehun away from me, and proceeds to playfully smack the dog. “You and your goofy smile. I can’t believing you’ll be stealing the limelight away from me.”

I stiffle a giggle. He can be so childish at times. “Stop it, Sehun. It was never about you in the first place.”

He puts the plushie down and leans on me, his face just a couple of inches from mine. “Really? Then why does 365 Days have three pages entirely devoted to how you felt when we first kissed?” He brushes the tip of his nose on my lips, and I feel warm all over.

I still can’t believe it’s been ten years since our story started. A lot of things happened in between, things I never thought possible. But we did meet again, after all. He is here, nibbling my nose gently. His warmth radiating all over me. Everything feels right.

“Now, now,” I say, playfully pushing him away. “I’ve got a book launch to attend to in 30 minutes.”

Sehun grins at me, love written all over his eyes.

“Oh, it.” I say, puliing him down to me.

 

The end.

 

- - -

Author’s note:

Last September 7, 2013, I went to a concert called K-Pop Republic featuring Dal Shabet, EXO-K, and SHINee. Unlike the parents of this story’s protagonist, my family  were quite supportive and actually bought me an SVIP ticket. We were told they are going to give away stuffed toys, and although I was feeling quite hopeful, I didn’t make a big fuss about it. I was like, “They’re giving away plushies? Cool.” I didn’t go, “ZOMG, I HAVE TO HAVE ONE! OMGGGGGG!”

 

But I did get one. From Sehun. It was crazy. It was not thrown away. He handed it over. Maybe my being tall helped, and the fact that I was insanely close to the stage. But I got one. I went home with a siberian husky plush from Sehun.

 

While there was no note attached to it, I went home ecstatic. In my head, I’m already romanticizing the whole thing. At first, I was so numb. It didn’t seem like a big deal. But a day passed and, in the words of my friend, I’ve experienced a “withdrawal.” I was hugging Thehun so tight, squealing like an excited pig.

 

I hope you enjoyed the story! :)