Things That Make You Smile

The Perfect Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany glanced over at Taeyeon contemplating whether or not she should bring up her encounter with Hayeon.

 

"Are you the older one out of the two?" Tiffany started.

 

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany and nodded her head.

 

"What is it like having a twin? I've always wanted a sibling."

 

"I don't like it." Taeyeon mumbled.

 

"Why not? Wouldn't it be fun to play tricks on people, causing confusion?" Tiffany chuckled.

 

"No." Taeyeon said flatly. "It is not fun and it has never been fun." Taeyeon clenched her fists, her breathing becoming rapid.

 

Tiffany sensed Taeyeon's growing anxiety and immediately regretted bringing the topic up.

 

"Shh...it's okay. I'm sorry for asking." Tiffany stood up and walked over to crouch in front of Taeyeon, she held her hand out. Seeing Taeyeon look at her outstretched hand without flinching Tiffany placed it on Taeyeon's shoulder and rubbed up and down her arm to soothe the girl.

 

Taeyeon continued staring at Tiffany's shoes in front of her as her breathing slowed down.

 

She liked the warmth when Tiffany touched her, she wanted more.

 

"I want..." Taeyeon's voice was so soft Tiffany could not catch it.

 

"What did you say?"

 

"Hug...I want a hug." Taeyeon whispered.

 

Tiffany smiled and leaned forward wrapping her arms around Taeyeon's petite frame.

 

"You're getting more greedy these days." Tiffany chuckled and Taeyeon's hair. "But for you, my hugs are unlimited."

 

And Taeyeon smiled into Tiffany's shoulder…That smile was short-lived however, as she remembered back to the topic of their conversation.

 

"Tippani." Taeyeon pulled back but Tiffany's arms never left her waist. "Don't talk to her, don't let her do anything to you, stay away from her please. You have to tell me if she ever does something." Taeyeon's grip tightened around Tiffany shirt, the sleeves of her blazer slipped down revealing the multiple scratches and bruises, some fading, some looking new.

 

Is this why you don't want her near me Taeyeon? Is she the one who did this to you?

 

Tiffany decided against letting Taeyeon know of her meeting with Hayeon, she didn't want to add to the stress Taeyeon was experiencing. She pulled Taeyeon into her body again, rubbing up and down the girl's back.

 

I'll make her stop Taeyeon, I won't let her hurt you anymore.

 

The anger within Tiffany started to rise...

 

...And when you're angry…sometimes you lose rationality.

 

***

 

Yuri walked with Taeyeon and Tiffany up the school's auditorium. The dance competition was happening this afternoon and Yuri had especially requested the school principle to allow her to use the room upstairs, overlooking the stage, so Taeyeon would be able to watch the performance away from the crowd.

 

Yuri was about to open the door to the room when Tiffany's voice stopped her.

 

"Wait! Umm, Taeyeon I hope you don't mind but Seohyun, Sunny and Sooyoung also wanted to watch from this room too…but if you feel uncomfortable I can tell them to leave." Tiffany spoke.

 

Behind the door of the room, Sooyoung had her ear pressed against the door listening to the conversation. The girl's were growing accustomed to Taeyeon's presence, they were no longer afraid of her since Yuri explained all the rumours about her were false. She often accompanied Tiffany to watch them dance. They tried to make friends with Taeyeon but the girl was difficult to get through.

 

"So can we stay?" Sunny mouthed to her girlfriend.

 

Sooyoung shrugged and continued to listen.

 

"It's okay." Taeyeon said.

 

Sooyoung gave Sunny and Seohyun a thumbs up and the two girls jumped around happily. The door opened and Sooyoung tumbled out landing at the trio's feet.

 

"Ahehehe, Hi?" Sooyoung greeted awkwardly then stood up and ran back into the room, hiding behind her short girlfriend.

 

"Yah, you're too tall to hide behind me." Sunny stepped to the side.

 

"Huh!" Sooyoung gasped when her hiding place moved and she ducked behind a chair, peeking her head over the backrest. Seohyun rolled her eyes at her immature unnie.

 

Taeyeon couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

 

"Taeyeon, did you just...just laugh?" Yuri was shocked.

 

"She likes me." Sooyoung stood up and began making her way over, Taeyeon eyed the approaching girl warily, her grip on Tiffany's hand tightened.

 

"Sooyoung stop." Yuri held her hand out making Sooyoung stop in her tracks. "Just there will do."

 

"Umm...okay?" Sooyoung scratched her head.

 

"Hello Unnie, I haven't formally introduced myself yet, I'm S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter