Baby Steps

The Perfect Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Give up on Tiffany...Give up on Tiffany...The words echoed in Taeyeon's mind.

 

But Taeyeon did not want to give up on Tiffany…

 

…nor did she want to disobey Hayeon.

 

She had never done so before so should she start now? Her parents and Yuri had advised her on countless occasions that she didn't have to listen to Hayeon if she didn't want to. The problem was, Taeyeon did want to...even if she didn't agree with the things that Hayeon said. Hayeon had helped her a lot, had helped heal her when nothing or no one else could. But now the girl had taken on the role of protector with too much vigour. Taeyeon knew that even if Hayeon did not like it, even if she herself did not want to, she would have to eventually make her own choices. Hayeon would not be happy, but she would soon see the good from it...right? Taeyeon hadn't agreed to Hayeon's compromise yet and Hayeon wasn't at all pleased with her hesitance. Taeyeon still had time to provide an answer as Hayeon wouldn't be able to race for a good couple of days due to her shoulder injury plus she didn't have a bike anymore either. Taeyeon could use these few extra days to continue her interactions with Tiffany, the results of which would determine her answer to Hayeon’s proposal. In the mean time, she just had to avoid her sister. Taeyeon had a bad habit of telling Hayeon everything, well it was more the fact that Hayeon had a talent of getting Taeyeon to spill out every little secret. 

 

Taeyeon opened up her wardrobe and eyed the rows upon rows of medications lined up on the bottom shelf. Hayeon had put them there for her but she never touched them. She had always gotten her medications legally prescribed by Dr Stevenson. The drugs Hayeon stole were of much larger dose. Taeyeon bent down and picked up a box putting it in her school bag, she would need the bigger doses for what was about to come.

 

***

 

"Good morning Taeyeon." Tiffany greeted the shorter girl with a smile before sitting down. Taeyeon was much too distracted by her thoughts that she missed Tiffany’s greeting.

 

Tiffany didn’t find the “no-greeting” strange at all, in fact it would be more strange if Taeyeon ever did reply to her.

 

The movements next door made Taeyeon lose her train of thoughts and she finally noticed Tiffany’s presence. Taeyeon lifted her head to face Tiffany, She drew a deep breath as she straightened her glasses and opened .

 

"M-morning." Taeyeon mumbled ever so quietly and quickly hid behind her book again. Tiffany froze as she heard the greeting, she almost didn't catch that single word that escaped from the girl's lips or was she just imagining things? Tiffany did not believe it, she had to confirm it, had to prove that she wasn’t hallucinating.

 

“Good Morning Taeyeon.” Tiffany tried again.

 

 “Morning.” Taeyeon said timidly albeit much clearer this time.

 

Tiffany didn’t know how to react. After 2 months of one-sided greetings she finally got a response from the girl and although it was only one word, it was an astronomical feat. It was the second time Taeyeon had spoken to her and she wasn’t going to let this chance escape. She had to keep this conversation going, strike the iron while it’s hot they say. But she still had to keep calm or else she would scare Taeyeon off.

 

"Umm…So you never answered my question...about being friends, I'd be really happy if you accepted but I'll understand if you don't." Tiffany said softly.

 

There was no answer from the other girl however Tiffany did see a slight nodding movement of her head.

 

"Was that a yes?" Tiffany clarified.

 

Taeyeon peeked over at Tiffany and nodded with more exaggerated movements this time making Tiffany beam in response. Nodding was enough, at least Taeyeon still answered her question. Unfortunately, any further interaction was cut short as Mrs Baek began the morning lesson.

 

***

 

Recess came and Tiffany was about to ask Taeyeon if she wanted to each lunch together but she was interrupted by Jessica.

 

"We're going to get lunch at the cafeteria and then go to the dance studio to work on our choreo for the comp, you wanna come with?" Jessica asked Tiffany as they packed their bags. Tiffany watched as Taeyeon scuttled out the classroom, she wanted to follow but was held back by her friends.

 

"Yeah come watch, we need some constructive criticism." Hyoyeon added.

 

"That's what I'm there for." Sooyoung pointed to herself. "I will point out every single flaw and mistake I see, got eyes like a hawk." Sooyoung narrowed her eyes.

 

"Cheh, you don't even know the basics of dance." Hyoyeon rolled her eyes.

 

"Sure I do." Sooyoung then proceeded to shuffle before breaking out into the robot with a look of determination in her eyes. "Did you guys see that?" Sooyoung fini

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter