SooHun - This

Love Stories And Love Songs

This is the start of something beautiful

You are the start of something new

 

Ed Sheeran - This

 

 

Sooyoung didn't believe in fate. She knew better than believing in such crap, but everything changed when one day she missed her stop.

 

"Of all days that I can miss my stop, why today? Do you hear me, universe? Why today?" She sighed. "I really should stop sleeping during bus rides. Taeyeon's gonna flip!" Suddenly, she heard someone shouting nearby. She walked to where the sound came from and saw a rainbow-haired guy trying to protect a bespectacled kid from bullies. She hid behind a telephone booth and watched.

 

"Do you punks have nothing better to do than beat up this kid?" The rainbow-haired guy snarled at the bullies, gesturing to the boy behind him. The bullies shook their heads in fear. "Good. Now scram! If you ever think about getting back at him, I'll make you guys sorry you were ever born. Got it?" Sooyoung stifled her laughter as she watched the bullies nod meekly and run from the two as fast as they can.

 

"You can come out now!"

 

Sooyoung carefully stepped out of the shadow of the phone booth. She found him staring at her with a straight face. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop. It's just that-"

 

"I was great, wasn't I?" His straight face cracked into a wide grin, surprising her and the little kid. 

 

"Um, excuse me?"

 

He grinned cheekily. "I have a confession to make, you guys. I don't know how to fight. I was just playing with them." 

 

"What?" The kid exclaimed. "Then let's get outta here!" He grabbed his savior's and Sooyoung's hand and ran, dragging the two with him. After running for a good five minutes, he stopped and let go of them.

 

"Hey kid, why'd you do that?" Sooyoung complained, still panting heavily from all the running. "I mean, I know why you did that, but you didn't have to drag me with him!"

 

"They're gonna kill me when they find out you don't know how to fight, rainbow hyung!" The kid looked at the older guy in panic. "Oh, my name's Lee Sanghyun, by the way!"

 

"I'll tell you a secret, Sanghyun." He knelt in front of him. "To be honest, I was scared less of those bullies. But I guess if you aren't afraid of anything, you'll never really know how to be brave." He ruffled Sanghyun's hair.

 

Sanghyun nodded. "Thanks for protecting me, hyung! I hope I grow up really brave like you! I'll even have my hair dyed!" He bowed in respect.

 

"Okay, if that's what you want! Don't dye your hair rainbow-colored, though. That's my style!"

 

He grinned at him. "Bye, hyung! I'm sorry for dragging you with us, noona! I'm going!" He waved goodbye before leaving.

 

Sooyoung was watching the two the entire time and couldn't help but wonder how such a simple scene could be so endearing. She watched the rainbow-haired stranger beside her watch Sanghyun make his way to the subway. She snapped back into reality when the bus arrived.

 

"Oh, there's the bus! I better get going!" She flashed him a warm smile and climbed into the bus.

 

"Take care, noona!" His eyes turned into crescent moons as he smiled. Sooyoung swore her stomach exploded into a thousand butterflies when she watched him do so. 

 

She poked her head out of the bus window. "How'd you know I'm older than you?"

 

"I just do." He grinned. Sooyoung found herself grinning back at him. "I'll see you around?"

 

She waved goodbye to him as the bus started moving. "I almost forgot, what's your name?" She shouted at the stranger. The stranger opened his mouth and said his name but she was unable to hear him. She sighed in defeat as she watched his figure grew smaller and smaller.

 

"I'll see you around?" She muttered to herself, as if the stranger could hear her. She leaned into her seat, the image of the rainbow-haired goof grinning madly still in her mind.

 

A week has passed and Sooyoung still hasn't forgotten about him. She decided to drop by her favorite fast-food to release her stress. She was lining up when she heard a familiar-sounding voice.

 

"Noona, I'm on my way! Just let me order something! I'm starving! Yeah, I won't be late! Yeah, I know it's a dinner but I'm really hungry, okay?"

 

Sooyoung paused when she heard the voice behind her but thought nothing of it. 

 

"Welcome to Burger Buddy! What would you like to have, maam?" The cashier beamed at her overenthusiastically when it was her turn to order.

 

"I'll have the Giant Burger but can you please put the fries inside the burger, not as a side?"

 

The cashier shot her a weird look but carefully composed her face into a huge and unnatural smile. "Anything else?"

 

"A super extra large chocolate frosty please! With a lot of whipped cream!" She beamed in excitement. "That would be all!" Sooyoung got her wallet and paid for her order. She stepped aside to give way to the next customer.

 

"Sunny noona, it's my turn to order! I'll see you later! I told you I won't be late, jeez!" He put his phone back in his pocket and turned to the cashier. "I'll have the Giant Burger! But you know how the fries are on the side, right? I want my fries inside the burger! Oh, and I want one super extra large chocolate frosty with lots of whipped cream!" He grinned and paid for his order.

 

"Are you guys playing a trick on me?" The cashier snapped.

 

He looked at her weirdly. "What do you mean?"

 

"She ordered the same thing!" The cashier pointed to Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung's head shot up at what the cashier said. She glanced sideways and saw the rainbow-haired stranger looking back at her, only his rainbow-hair was replaced by light pink hair that looks more like cotton candy.

 

"Hey! It's you!" They said in unison.

 

"Here are your orders!" The cashier slid them two trays.

 

"We did order the same thing!" Sooyoung chuckled. They decided to eat together and settled on a table near the window.

 

"I told you I'll see you around, noona!" He grinned at her. "This is my favorite place! Burger Buddy helps me get rid of stress."

 

"No way! This is my favorite place too!" Her eyes widened in surprise. "And I thought I was the only one who liked fries inside my burgers."

 

"Yeah, and I thought I was the only one who liked my super extra large chocolate frosty piled up with whipped cream! My friends thought I was a weirdo. They hate whipped cream, they're the ones who are weird!" 

 

"That's what my friends said about my frosty too! By the way, my name's Choi Sooyoung." She held out her hand. "Remember that day we met and I asked for your name? I didn't exactly hear it." She smiled sheepishly.

 

"I'm Oh Sehun." He smiled back at her and shook her outstretched hand.

 

"I'm 23 years old. So am I really your noona?"

 

"Yeah, you are my noona. I'm 19."

 

She nodded her head. "Nice hair, by the way. Very... cute." She held in her laughter. 

 

"I lost a bet." He grinned at her. While they were talking, Sooyoung couldn't help thinking that maybe, just maybe, it was fate that brought them together. She had no idea how or why, but she knew that the crazy-haired guy in front of her was the one for her. He easily and effortlessly found a way through the walls he built around her and she can't say that she doesn't like the fact that he was able to do so.

 

"What kind of crazy bet did you do that you had to dye your hair pink?" She leaned closer to Sehun and asked.

 

Sehun ran a hand through his hair. "I bet my friends I wouldn't fall in love. Not in the near future, at least. Well, I did. Everything happened so fast." He smiled.

 

Sooyoung's smile faltered. She leaned back into her seat. "Oh." Then there was silence between the two of them. Sehun's phone suddenly rang and broke the silence.

 

"You're supposed to meet someone, right? I heard you talking on the phone while we were lining up." She felt hot tears threaten to fall from her eyes. "Maybe she's waiting for you. Answer it."

 

He nodded and took his phone out from his jacket pocket. "Hey noona! Yeah, sorry. Looks like I won't be able to make it to your and Baekhyun hyung's rehearsal dinner after all." He smiled warmly at Sooyoung and held her hand in his. "I guess you're right, Sunny noona. Fate isn't stupid." He paused. "Fate brought me to her, and I'm not gonna let her go. Not again."

 

And that was the day Sooyoung started believing in fate.

 


How much more cheesy can this one-shot get? /cringes/ LOL

Some SooHun for you guys! I was planning on making this angsty... I don't know what happened. XD Maybe I just couldn't write angst to save my life...

Lately my writing's been completely horrible, sorry about that. Especially the first part. That part was a bit... meh. /bows 10 million times/

Thank you for the requests and feedback, lovelies! ♥ keep 'em coming! :)