♡Chapter 3 ♡

Her Past, Future & Present

Chapter 3

Song Ahri POV

Safely hidden away from sight I creep under the bridge. I swing around to see if anyone might've been following me. Only once the coast is clear did I crawl into a deep tunnel located to the right of the bridge. I keep crawling for a metre then scurry out of the opening. I turn towards the old building. I know it seems like a lot of trouble crawling though the tunnel and what not but I use it as my precaution. The tunnel is quite small and well if one of those men in black happened to follow me home, they wouldn't be able to fit though it thus enabling me to quickly run away.

I go around the back of the building and go towards the back door which was nailed down with wooden planks. Now normally if anyone were to see this door they'd think they couldn't get in but when I came across this place a week ago I un-nailed the nails that were connected to the door frame. So now when I open the door the wooden planks open with it. I twist the knob to the right and pull granting me easy access to the building. Turning I pull the door back in; closing it behind me.

I glide through the building that was as quiet and scary as a horror movie scene. When I reach the couch in the reception room I flop down on it causing dust particles to fly up. I raise my arm to cover my face. I haven't had time to clean this place up yet. I mean why would I when it's only a matter of time before I have to move on. Being a run-a-way from a rich family is hard you know? They had resources and power. It's not exactly hard to find someone with those sorts of things. I place my back-pack behind my head and look up at the ceiling. A cold breeze causes me to shiver. 

This place gives me the creeps. It was an old hotel; probably made in the late 1970s. It was rotten and moldy and probably was inhabited by a series of species unknown to man. But never-the-less, it was home. For now. Sitting up I grab my bag that had little to nothing, and I dig through it pulling out a little lantern and then placing it on the floor. I pull out my lighter and lit the birthday candle that lasts around a good 20 minutes. I close my bag and return to my earlier position. I sigh. Letting out what seems like the weight and consequences of my life. 

I can't keep doing this. Can't keep running away. It's been 4 years. Tomorrow marks the 5th year I've been running... it also marks my 20th birthday. I've learnt heaps of things over the past years;

-My dad was relentless in pursuing me.
-How to conserve every bit of energy I had only to use it for the more important priorities.
-That a spoon, a pen or even a piece of string could be used as a lethal weapon.
-There's plenty more but most importantly...that the only person you can trust is yourself.

I remember a time when there was a person I could trust besides myself. I hold my lighter up. Tears glide over my cheeks leaving a trail of glitter that shines in the candle light. Flashes of my grandpa's bright, joyful smile flow though my mind. Each flash causing another stab of longing. 

Another gush of wind envelopes me and I could feel my toes go numb even though I still had my boots on. I tug my arms from my sleeves and tuck my legs in close. I fall asleep leaning against the cold lonely couch.

 

THE NEXT DAY

 

I look in the mirror. The girl looking back at me wore the same outfit as yesterday (minus the hoodie), had her hair pulled back in a ponytail with all her belongings contained in a ragged old back-pack.

(minus the cardigan)

I cup my hands underneath the tap; capturing water then bringing it up to my face washing away grime and sweat. I slip my toothbrush and comb back into my back-pack as I swing my arm through the straps and pull it onto my shoulders. 

I push open the public bathroom door. I look down at the note.

Miss Young Ahri,
Please make your way to 
521 APGUJEONG-DONG, GANGNAM-GU, SEOUL. Be there at 10:00AM.
It's a pleasure to have you on board with SM entertainment.

Tucking the note back into my pocket I cross the road to the train station. 

...

I glance at my watch which now states that it's 9:37AM. Damn, those buses are always late! I cross my arms. I could feel the second hand ticking away as if it were taunting me. I drop my head and stare up at the bright blue sky. In my peripheral vision I could see the bus coming.

"Well bout bloody time," I mutter as I lift my hand and wave at the bus only when I see it signalling to stop do I put my arm down. I open my wallet and pull out my bus card. The doors to the bus opens and I take a few steps before scanning my card. The bus was really crowded I couldn't even see a single seat that wasn't vacant from where I was standing. Sliding though a batch of people then hopping on the tips of my toes I locate a seat near the back. I bump into an old lady as she was about to sit on the disable seats. I bow apollogetically to the lady only to hit my head against a pole causing me to blank out for a few seconds. 

The lady laughs softly, "it's okay deary."

I quickly give her a nod and continue to make my way to the back. I could hear her saying to her friend, "Younsters these days, always so clumsy."

My cheeks heat up with embrassment. I sigh a sigh of relief once I got to my seat. I take off my back-pack and place it on my lap, hugging it to my chest. Beside sat a guy with a big pair of shades and a cap. He's hunched down as if he was trying to gather the least amount of attention. I know the exact feeling. 

I sit idly as I stare at my hands. Too bad I can't stare outside the window, I glance longingly at the occupied seat. As if sensing my gaze he lifts his hat off his face and looks at me. His brown dyed hair pokes out from underneath his hat. 

A blush creeps over my face as I realize I must've looked like an idiot assessing him. I turn my gaze towards the opening doors. Another 3 stops then I'm getting off. I take note of the time. 9:48AM! I sigh in frustration. The signalling siren of the bus alerts it's passengers that they're stopping. Curiously I take a look at the sliding doors. An old lady steps on, a little kid trailing her like how a baby duckling would to it's mama. The old lady pays for the tickets and struggle through the hoard of people pulling along the little boy. I shift a little in my seat. I follow the lady''s glance and determine that there weren't any seats available. I abruptly stand-up and vacant my seat causing the stranger beside me to stiffen with surprise. 

I motion the old lady to the emptied seat. Her eyes lighten with gladness and smile gratefully as she tugs the little boy over. The guy notices the them and follows suit and gives up his seat without question. I grab hold of the dangling grip holder hanging from the ceiling. The guy does the same and stands beside me. In this crowded bus the term 'personal space' was like the words to the latin language. I can feel his breath on the back of my head and smell the faint smell of his musky cologne.

It smells rather nice, sort of masculine... 

WHAT am I thinking? Not liking at all the thoughts that my senses were conjouring up I heave a deep breath in. That was the worst thing I could have done; because I'd inhaled a deep breath of his scent. Oh my gosh, what am I a dog? The scent tickles my nose and causes me to sneeze.

"Bless you," he whispers into my ear, his voice a clear melody like tone. I exhale; breathing in air. I hug my back-pack harder against my chest and straighten up, trying to ignore his body pressing up against my back. 

"Thank you," I reply.

What if he's a ert?

The thought causes me to blush and a new sense of fear rises in my chest. The bus jolts to another stop causing me to lose my grip on the handle and stumble forward. Expecting to have my face flattened against the floor I'm surprised when a grip prevents me from being so, only to be instead in the arms of the stanger. The unexpected movement must've caused his cap to drop now revealing the most softest light brown hair. 

... "Are you alright?"


Author's Note

It's the 3rd chapter guys! 
What do you guys think so far?
By the way that's SM entertainment's real address. I try to make my fanfic as close to reality as I can. :) 

Thanks SO MUCH FOR SUBSCRIBING. Honestly I didn't think a lot of people would; considering all the new fanfics that are created everyday.

XOXO

- luhan-hubbie