Miracles - Part 1/?

Collection of Chankey/Keyyeol ShortFics

“Kibum?” Chanyeol pouted, walking down the main hallway, glancing into the living room twice, “Kibummie are you on the porch again?” he called, carrying two glasses of freshly made iced tea, and waiting for his lovers reply.

“I’m here, Channie.” Kibum called softly, and a gentle smile grew on Chanyeol’s face as he looked out the window, watching Kibum swinging slowly in the new swing. One hand was holding Hamlet, and the other was resting gently on the large bump on his stomach, thumb drawing little circles on his purple shirt.

Chanyeol’s heart fluttered when watching him, feeling like his heart was going to burst. Kibum was 7 months pregnant with his babies; and Chanyeol was probably the happiest person in the entire city of New York.  He just wanted to shout to the world the love for his family, for his lover and his two unborn children. Unfortunately that was much easier said than done. However much Chanyeol wished to do so, they really couldn’t easily explain their relationship. The fact that they were a homoual couple was difficult enough for society to handle, but how Kibum was pregnant with Chanyeol’s babies was almost an impossible topic to explain. Kibum was a special case, and his babies were miracles. And even though carrying the babies was potentially life-threatening for Kibum, they both agreed that they wouldn’t be able to live with themselves if they were to abort them. Chanyeol supported Kibum 150 percent, tending to his every request and helping him up and down stairs, regardless of what he was doing.

 One time Chanyeol almost lit the kitchen on fire because Kibum had stubbed his toe on the bottom stair; and he had run so quickly to Kibum’s side that a hand towel had fallen onto the stove, catching fire. Chanyeol managed to put out the flame very quickly, but acquired a nice bump on the side of his head from Kibum hitting him for being so careless. Kibum had scolded him as he finished dinner about how, even if he was in a little bit of pain, he wasn’t going to kill over on the entrance rug or something. Chanyeol had agreed and smiled, but in the back of his mind he was always afraid. He was so afraid of Kibum going into labor, and not being able to get him to the hospital in time; or Kibum falling and hurting both him and/or the babies. Even though Kibum insisted he was fine and was going to be fine, Chanyeol still worried. Kibum and the babies were his world, and he would do anything to keep them safe and healthy. But he didn’t have a lot of control presently, and that scared Chanyeol like nothing else.

Chanyeol smiled, shaking off his thoughts as he sat quietly beside Kibum on the swing, placing his own glass on the side table and holding the other out to Kibum.

“Here baby, do you want some? I made it fresh.”

Kibum looked up and smiles brightly, blonde hair tickling his eyebrows in the light breeze, making his chocolate brown eyes look like they were glowing. Chanyeol gets enchanted every day when he takes the time to just stare at Kibum.

“Thank you Channie, I’d love some.” He folded the corner of the page and closed the book, laying it aside and taking the tea gratefully, pressing their bodies close and letting his head rest on Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“Kibummie?” Chanyeol whispered gently, rubbing his upper arm slowly.

“Yes Channie?” Kibum whispered back, snuggling closer into his warm embrace.

“I’ll always protect you… and our babies, I’ll never leave your side, and be the best father I can.” He let his fingers make their way slowly through Kibum’s hair, “I promise.”

Kibum’s eyes glistened with unshed tears and he nodded softly, holding onto Chanyeol’s hand tightly.

“I love you Channie.”

“I love you more, Kibummie.”