Paumé : Past

Paumé

Author: PorcelainCreations (asianfanfics) / baekhyunbyun (livejournal)
Pairing: Baekhyun//Chanyeol ; Baekyeol
Genres: fluff, angst, tragedy
Rating: PG-13
Length of chapter : 1016 words
Setting: Story rotates in the modern time, in South Korea and France.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Baekhyun wakes up by a gentle pat on the shoulder, he groans. “Baek-ah, we’re here already! Don’t you want to have fun with us?” his mother nags, receiving a quiet scowl from Baekhyun, audible only to his ears. How do you define the fun in a stupid business pictorial?  “We’ve been doing this for 10’000 years, mom!” Baekhyun started, trying to play a little sarcasm. “10’000 years? Are you that stupid when in it comes to counting? And have you even had a pictorial? You always, all the time, ditch every single one of these very important family photos.” His mom said, eyebrows starting to furrow.  “Can’t you give me a break already? I do not want a picture. ” He finished, right after his father parked the car, and tilted his head facing the back seat where Baekhyun sat. “What’s your problem, Byun Baekhyun? You are going to be the next successful entrepreneur in our family! Don’t you see how lucky you are? We’ve chosen you to be the success of our family, instead of your rat-dog elder brother! That bastard never even…” Baekhyun shut his eyes close and plugged on his earphones, not wanting to hear anymore from what his father would tell about his older brother. He loved his brother. He loved him very, very much, more than anyone in his family. They were the best partners, anyone could think of. The friendship of the brothers was so strong you couldn’t even understand half of their relationship as best of friends, as brothers.  They were one. They understood each other for they were in the same situation. A one, stupid situation. They promised each other that they would never leave each other’s side, until that one night, almost a year ago, when Baekhyun’s brother left him. Left him alone, with his cold strict parents who he hated the most.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

A shadow, shaped as a ring, circulated the bright half moon on a Thursday night. “It will storm soon.” Baekbeom told his brother, offering a gentle smile. “Well, we better go back home, hyung?” Baekhyun sighed.  “Do you have an umbrella?” the older one asked. Baekhyun lightly nodded and opened up his umbrella, shadowing it on top of their heads. Walks from the school library to their home was one of the best things the two brothers can share; it consists of quiet and calm breathing for a 15 minute distance, which the two enjoyed. It was a self-reflect moment. Where they think of their problems, and often discuss them once they get back to their room.  This walk was their only freedom. Away from their parents. Away from their cruel reality.  Baekhyun thought it was because their parents actually have a kind heart, enough to think that him and his brother needed some time alone, too. But it was all wrong. Baekbeom knew the truth. It was only because their parents would give them the freedom to observe society. To observe them, for future business purposes.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 

All of a sudden, Baekbeom stopped, right in front of their house. Which made his younger brother stop as well. “Hyung?” he asked, clueless to what his brother was doing. “Go.” He replied, still offering his younger brother a gentle smile. “Hyung?” Baekhyun said again, still very clueless to what was happening. “Go, Baekhyun-ah, Go to your room, sleep soundly, don’t think of me. I’m just here in your heart, okay?” the taller one pointed at Baekhyun’s chest. “What are you talking about?” Baekhyun asked, smacking his brother lightly on his hand, trying to fight his tears. “Baek-ah, Hyung will be out for a while, maybe forever, I don’t know.  This may be difficult for you, but this is for my own good, maybe for your own good too, if you choose the right path. This is what I would tell myself, but I can’t see how this is the truth, I refuse to believe it. Here, Remember that mom and dad are not that mean okay? They only want a bright future for us, Always think of their purpose, why they want us to do all these.” Baekbeom said while holding his hands with his brother’s. “But, if you really can’t handle the pain at home, find yourself. Travel elsewhere. Identify your own identity. Follow where your dreams take you to.” His older brother said, leaving a gentle kiss on the shorter one’s forehead. “Is this what you are doing hyung? Leaving me…. so that you can follow your dreams, and all that ? You said Mom and dad are actually doing this for our future, but you refuse to believe it? Because you are too coward, am I right?” Baekhyun said, tears falling from his eyes countless times. “Maybe.” His older brother said, still having that gentle smile with him. “hyung..Please…” the younger one pleaded, but got cut off by his older brother, “You gotta trust me in this okay? I love you, never forget that.” Baekbeom said hugging his brother, before waving a goodbye.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

His parents never nagged him so much as how he was nagged when his brother was still here. He hated it. Hated every bit of it. But no matter how much his parents forced him to do things he never wanted to do, he couldn’t manage to hate on his brother. He knew how his brother felt. Slaves. They were treated as royal slaves, forced to do everything, but lived in a good lifestyle, studied in different prestigious business schools all over the world, and ate precisely made breakfast. “Make me satisfied” was their quote everyday. It was a statement their parents would tell them every time as if it was a password for a very significant treasure. But deep, deep down, he doesn’t want to admit that he loves his parents, no matter what happens, they are still his parents, even if the world turned upside down, even if his brother comes back.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------