Infinite

Worlds Apart

We sat around the wooden table. It was me, Luhan, Kai and the guy who looked like he was wearing eyeliner on, Baekhyun. They all seemed to have cold eyes. But then somehow between themselves they felt like brothers, like they belonged one to another. I didn’t understand it back then. There was a plate placed in front of me.

-          Eat – said Kai with a harsh tone – It’s last time you will eat here. After meeting Infinite, all your meals will be in with everyone else.

I ignored his comment. My eyes rested on the meal. It looked normal. Normal in a sense there was some rise and vegetables. I don’t know what I was expecting… I guess something weird, considering I was a prisoner, god knows where. I tried a bite and it tasted good too. Then on my right side Kai put two tablets.

-          You need to take these – he said.

-          No, I don’t take drugs – I responded looking at two strange looking things.

-          It’s vitamins. And you have to take them. Everyone does. If you won’t we will force it into you.

His face looked serious. I knew if I will oppose he will do whatever he wanted. Kai might look like a teenager but his eyes were like those that criminals have. Still he was quite good looking, bad boy type. If not the fact I felt like I was kidnapped I might crush on him. Well I normally would crush on any of these boys. Shame was they have been mean, cold, weirdo’s that kept me against my own will.

I took two pills in my hand and shoved it towards my face. But then they never went to my mouth. I learned the trick from my best friend who used to avoid any kind of medication her mother was feeding her with. Normal person would never be able to noticed, that tablets landed under my clothes. I needed to remember to get rid of them later. I had a sip of drink that tasted like water. Luhan was watching me, with this big eyes of his, like he knew. But then if he did, wouldn’t he say something?

We didn’t talk anymore. I was introduced to another rule: no talking during meals. It didn’t surprised me. I felt like I was five year old being told by my mom. As soon as we finished Kai, Luhan and Baekhyun walked me through town. What worried me was, I didn’t see any kids or adults, like it was a ghost town. I shivered on the idea. It seemed isolated, unrealistic, like it was stuck between space and time. Building seemed to be taken away from different times of the history. One had characteristic of old Roman buildings, some where new, like those built in New York city.

We stepped in front of something that looked like palace. Luhan sighed and went first. He mentioned me to follow and Kai , not so gently pushed me to front. Even so Luhan was still quite cold, he had a bit different side than Kai. Or maybe it was his angel look that deceived me, I wasn’t sure. I followed blonde guy just to step into freezing and dark hall. It was long and something about it seemed off. We were walking for quite a while before we stood in front of big metal doors. We stepped inside. The room was massive. Luhan, Kai and Baek, bowed to someone and I felt a hit on my head making me to bow too.

-          Ouch  - I scowled.

-          So it’s her – someone said. The voice sounds deep and rough.

-          Yes master Sunggyu – answered Luhan.

-          Let me have a look – said more gentle voice.

They stood straight and I followed. I was so tempted to say anything.

-          Stay quiet – it was Baek who whispered. It seemed more like begging. Tone of his voice not even a little similar to Kai’s.

I looked into the space where voices were coming from. There was seven chairs. Chairs where like those you see kings sitting on, on the old paintings. On the chairs were seven men, or rather boys sitting. Their postures was showing their inferiority, their power. I scanned their faces. They didn’t seem that scary on the first look. I must say they have been actually attractive, like idols from posters of my best friends room.

-          I am Sunggyu – the leader, stated guy with so small eyes, he almost looked like he was sleeping.  – we are Infinite, the elders.

-          Elders my – I murmured. I didn’t think anyone heard till I didn’t see one of guys little smile. He winked at me.

-          Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol, L and Sungjong are also the masters. We are the rules of this town. You must obey us. We create the peace and we are the power.

Was this guy high or something? They looked like a boyband group not like a scary rulers. I smirked.

-          Luhan , you will take position of main Watcher. Remember to take care of everything. You know what happened last time? You don’t want history to repeat do you? – the leader said.

I eyed Luhan who looked rather stressed now.

-          This time, if you fail, not only you but your brother also will pay.

This time I noticed something scary in Sunggyu’s eyes. It was like human life meant nothing to him.

-          Yes master.

-          I hope you three will not disappoint me. Also Baekhyun will take a position of third watcher. We didn’t have a traveller for long now and I think we should look into this.

I looked as one of the masters or whatever came towards the leader and whispered something.

-          Sungjong master wants you to follow him. Luhan, I will inform you when you can take her back.

With that my Watchers left. I was stuck in the room with seven guys. I was scared a bit, who wouldn’t be. So far I didn’t see any girl around at all and yeah…. It was creepy.

-          She seems like a trouble one. Remember we need to be careful. The prophecy time is close – said the Dongwoo.

-          Follow me – whispered Sungjong and pulled me with him towards doors. He seemed like a kid, girly face and all. But something in his eyes was deadly. He dragged me towards another room and closed the door. It was another room taken from a fairy tale. I looked at the walls to find paintings.

-          Ji yun – he murmured.

He stood close to me, to close for my liking. It like he was a hunter looking at his pray. His eyes seemed dark like those of criminals, murderers, which didn’t go to well with his face. his face had delicate futures, fragile almost.

-          Just don’t do anything stupid girl – he said to me. – Today I marked you as mine. As time will pass you will fully understand concept of this place.

-          You cannot control me – I hissed.

-          We can, and we will. The same as we control others. You see, there is something you don’t know. We have powers. We can control minds.

With that he looked deeply in my eyes. I felt drown to him. All I could see was his deep, dark eyes. It was like he was calling me. His voice tempting inside of my mind. I tried to fight, I had too. But my body was betraying me, moving closer to him. I was scared, I couldn’t pull away.

-          What are you doing to me? – I begged.

He looked at me confused.

-          How come you know that, you shouldn’t be aware… - he mumbled to himself.

He seemed angry a bit. Like he didn’t get what he wanted. He moved away and sudden pull I felt towards him was gone. My body returned to me and I sighed deeply. I didn’t relax however. They surly was something I never knew before. What was this place?

-          I will keep an eye on you  - he hissed to my ear, sending shivers down my spine. Then he left like nothing had happened. He did not look behind.

Within seconds Luhan came to the room, like he was waiting outside. He came closer and checked me up and down.

-          What? – I asked .

-          Nothing – he responded.  – Follow me.

We left the place and came back to the room. The door closed behind me and I was alone once again. I looked outside the window. I missed my family. I wanted to go back to my friends too. I felt soft knock in the door and Baekhyun’s head popped in.

-          Follow me – he said – I will take you to your job.

I was confused, what job?

-          Everyone here has a job – he said as if he read my mind. – You are new but still I will be going with you ever day. You work from sunrise to sunset, same as everyone.

I stared at him blankly.

I was never working before. I mean I was still very young and was attending school. He walked me again between buildings. We walked insomewhere.

-          Is that her – an old woman gestured at me. It was first female I have seen.

-          Yes.

Place was full of books. I mean you could smell paper everywhere.

-          You will be sorting them out – Baekhyun stated.  – two hours a day you will read them so you can get familiar with rules here and the history. Start from there. You can have the two hours first, then I will show you what to do with those books.

He forced a book in my hand and sat in the corner watching me, like a stalker. I opened the book and started reading. It seemed like a history book. Did I mentioned before I hated history.

“ It was after the war when Infinite got in charge. They returned the peace to the land…” Blah blah blah. I noticed someone else moving around the shelves. There was a girl with red hair. She didn’t look at me, or Baekhyun for that matter. She looked like a robot, without any reactions, like she was programmed. Thinking that Baekhyun, even so he seemed more human he also had moments when he was that cold and strange. I knew something is going wrong in this place. I wasn’t sure what. All I knew was that Infinite had some kind of powers. I needed to make sure I will find the reason why I am here and discover my way out. But where I should start?