Where am I?

Worlds Apart

It had to be late morning when I have woken up. I was lying on the soft, green grass in the middle of forest. I didn’t remember much – How did I get here? Why? And the most important question: Where am I actually? I had horrible pain in the back of my head like I have been hit in it. I tried to get up but my muscles didn’t want to listen to my brain. I put al my energy in the movement with no results at all. I felt heavy and scared. I thought I had an accident and I was paralyzed. Tears started to threat to fall while I was lying just dare wishing for some kind of miracle. With last drop of energy and hope I tried again. Somehow I managed to push my head a little up. My dark brown, wavy hair fell down on my shoulders. Everything around was beautiful and green. It looked like a pictures from fancy travelling magazines. I felt a bit dizzy for a moment and my body got heavier. My head fell down back to the ground. I didn’t try to get up any more.  Pictures started to move in my head and I felt sleepy. My eyes started to close against my own will. I think I was losing consciousness. I swear I heard whispering not far, or was it just my imagination?

I forced my eyes open for a moment but my vision was blurry. I couldn’t see properly but I could tell above me was an angel. Or at least he looked like one. He had white like snow hair. He looked at me with curiosity. One thing that surprised me was his outfit. He wore something that looked rather odd. He had a closer look and then disappeared from my already bad vision. I felt someone’s touch on my skin. Even so my body was in pain with every movement, I turned my head to check what is going on. My angel or stalker was now keeping me in his arms bridal style. I wanted to ask what was going on and who he was but I couldn’t speak at all. Now even if he was a murderer I would not be able to even scream. Was it him who put me in this state so he can do what he wants?

I never gave up without fight and now I was held in arms of complete stranger. I was not only scared but also angry. My body was useless. I looked at his face trying to adjust my vision. I focused my eyes a bit more. His face was beautiful. I mean he looked like these models or singers you see on tv screen and wish you would have a boyfriend like that. But his looks didn’t calm me even for a moment. I studied his big eyes when he suddenly, as feeling that I was distressed, looked deep into my eyes and smiled. This smile could light up stars even on the darkest night. I felt myself relaxing in his eyes.

-          Take her to White Tower. We will have to talk about it with the Infinite Members. – said someone else that I didn’t even notice.

Stranger was walking with me for about fifteen minutes. We came out of the forest and stepped into building area. Wind was touching my hair lightly. I felt very tired. Even so I didn’t think I was light weight at all, angel was carrying me like it was nothing.

-          Don’t worry, everything will be ok – I heard.

At least I was sure he was speaking the same language as I did. We came closer to a tall building that looked amazing. It looked like one of those old style buildings you can see in Rome. There were a lot of carvings of Angels I guessed and a dragon. When we walked inside I felt cold air on my bare arms. Strangers carried me without another word through long hall.

-          Who is it Luhan? – There was another voice coming from somewhere near.

-          We found her in the forest. I will put her in one of the rooms and report to the Infinite – said my angel.

-          It’s not the first case you know. It will be probably like the rest of them. But to be honest there was nobody for a while. I thought Infinite took care of this problem. You know they are only causing trouble.

-          I know  Kai – he responded.  – But since she already here we need to help her. And she will a Watcher anyway.  I will be back in a bit.

I was confused by all this talk. Both men was talking without emotions. Their voice with like stating facts, cold and with a distance. They didn’t seem like friends but they haven’t been enemies neither.

-          Finally- angel lookalike put me down on something that seemed like bed, covered me with a blanket and was gone from my vision.

-          Take care of her Baek. – I didn’t hear anything else as pain in my head became unbearable. My vision was gone once again. I heard movement around but my eyes where already closed. I felt someone touching my arms but I couldn’t do anything about it. I felt like I was stuck in the body. Something bite my arm and I felt suddenly warm and relaxed. I started to drift off to sleep and nothing was bothering me anymore.

 

I was awaken by sun who got through the big window landing straight on my face. I opened my eyes slowly making sure I am not dizzy again. Everything was back to normal with my eye sight. I also didn’t feel any more pain in the head. I couldn’t however still move my arms or legs but I managed to bit my lip which meant I could try to speak. I moved my head around. The room was small, painted white with northing overly new in it. I would actually say everything seemed to be stuck from 19th Century. On the walls were few paintings representing some kind of war and angels like on the building.  There was also seven people there who seemed to tower above all other people.  In the right corner of the room stood a red chair, similar to those I have seen in French movies. It was quiet and peaceful. I could even say it was too quiet and it made me nervous.  I still had no clue where I was or what is going on. I looked around trying to find anything that would give me an idea where I can be. Some memories flooded my brain : family, friends and our trip to Lost Forest. That was all I could recall at the moment even when I was focusing on those memories very badly. I was kind of hoping for some kind of miracle who would just explained what happened. Like on my command door flew open and someone walked in. I recognized the boy from before who carried me all the way here. He looked like a twenty year old but I couldn’t tell looking at his baby face. he didn’t close door behind him and he didn’t say a word to me. I wasn’t sure if I should stay quiet or say something. Finally I got the courage and spoken.

-          Who are you – my voice was shaky.  – How did I got here? Where am i?

-          I see you coming back to yourself – he said ignoring my previous questions.  – What’s your name?

-          Ji Yun, but you didn’t answer me – I complained.

-          You have a lot of time to find out what you need to know. Don’t panic.

What was he all about? I needed answers.

-          Who the hell are you?!

-          Luhan – he said uninterested and still calm as ever.

-          Who did I get here? – I asked again.

He laughed so quietly but it was noticeable.

-          I brought you from the forest. Don’t you remember?

-          I remember that but what is this place – I was getting annoyed.

-          You ask a lot of questions – he came closer, checked my pulse like a doctor  - Everything seems fine. Soon your body will recover but I would advise a lot of sleep. After all what your came through your body needs a rest.

-          Luhan – someone stood at doors – Infinite made a decision.

Who is Infinite? Can someone tell me what is going on? And who is he a doctor or something? I wasn’t sure what he was thinking but I didn’t plan to stay there long.

Luhan left the room pacing after the other male. I was alone yet again looking at four walls waiting to fall asleep. Dreams didn’t came however and it wasn’t long till I heard voices coming closer. I pretended to sleep and listen to the conversation.

-          She is sleeping. Again – came to me when the door opened.  – I didn’t think Infinite will choose us. After your last mistake I didn’t think you will be alive, not that you will get another chance. You need to do well this time, if not, you know what will happen.

-          I know Kai. You don’t need to remind me. This time nothing will happen – it was Luhan – I need to take care of Baekhyun too. Anyway I will look after her during the night. Then we can swap. It will be actually good for Baekhyun if I want him to become one of Watchers.

-          Ok – said Kai or whatever was his name and left.

As soon as door were closed I opened my eyes.

-          I knew you were pretending. I an sense this things you know?

-          Where am I? – I asked again.

-          In my house. Tomorrow I will introduce you to your schedule  - he said.

-          I want to know now what you mean – I said irritated.

-          I am sorry but I will have to keep unsure – he added.

I thought I will not be able to break his walls. I was curious, I needed answers…. Who was he and Infinite? What was going on? How I can come back home?

-          Can you tell me at least what is this place? – I asked with softer voice. I was never good regarding talking to boys but I had to try.

-          Kailani – he answered simply. – It’s everything I can tell you for now. You will find out everything during training. Now I advise you to be quiet and stop asking not needed questions or you will get something that will put you to sleep. I am not really sure how your body will handle that

Luhan sat down in the French chair and was looking at me. Well it was more like staring and it creped me out. On his face sun shined making his skin even more white that it already was. He sat still that I wasn’t even sure if he was breathing. But his eyes were big and  had some kind of warmth to it that didn’t work well with rest of his cold body. Like his eyes knew I will be hurt somehow but he couldn’t help me, or didn’t want to. I wanted to paint him in my memory, every detail of his perfect face, eyes, lips….I wanted those lips to tell me the through. I wanted him to explain to me what is Kailani and who he was. All those thoughts didn’t let me rest and soon my head was going back into pain. I badly wanted to be back with my family and friends. I was scared I will never see them again.

I started getting tired and darkness came against me. Soon I was off to dreamland….

I have woken up with scream. My dream or shall I say nightmare was enough scary  to make my eyes tear up. I still remember that beast, her hot breath on my neck. It was human who changed into dragon. But then there was another creature. It seemed human but the eyes were cold and evil. I was running from them and running but it seemed pointless. Then dragon came in front of me threatening to eat me alive. But when other creature came close to me they attacked each other instead. I run again looking back just to noticed blood everywhere.

I was crying now and even fact I could move my hands didn’t help. I was in shock. Only then, when my eyes adjust to darkness I noticed that someone was sitting on my bed.

-          Are you ok? – asked Luhan.

-          Nothing – I barked remember that he was one of mean guys and landed back on my pillow.

I was scared however to close my eyes in a case if the nightmare will come back. Luhan didn’t know what to do, he just put his hand on my head and watched me.

-          I told you I am fine. So you can sit in that little corner and leave me alone – I said angry. It seemed like Luhan felt bad about my reaction towards him.

He listened me. I didn’t feel like sleeping anymore and wanted to see sunrise. I have put pressure on my arms trying to lift my body to sitting position however it was still to heavy. Luhan came closer with a speed of light and helped me up. Was he the bad guy or not? He was confusing me now? He behaved mean before and was different now.

-          Thank you – I said quietly and didn’t get any response. I noticed a little tattoo on his neck and a red dot not far from it. It looked like the red mark was made on purpose instead of being a normal birth mark.

Luhan didn’t react at all and within second was back in his chair.

I was waiting probably an hour for the sunrise, thinking about my mother, father and friends. Will I be able to see them ever again? I was recalling some old memories from childhood and then something crossed my mind. I remembered when I was a kid I had a dreams about dragon constantly. It went to the point when my worried mother took me to the doctors to make sure I was ok as there was times when I refused to sleep. Of course doctor said it was normal. But why this dream came back again? Was I under stress and this was a reason?

Luhan seemed to hear my thoughts as his eyes were piercing through mine but he refused to react.

At this moment the doors opened and tall man walked in fallowed but a bit smaller one.

-          I see you are feeling better. It’s funny that in the past it took months to recover and now it’s a day, but then we didn’t have drugs like we have now.

-          Morning Hyung – said second one looking at Luhan.

-          Morning Baekhyun – the angel face responded. Then his face moved towards me. – This is Kai – he mentioned the tall guy – And Baekhyun, my borther. They also will be your Watchers.

-          I don’t need a nanny – I said angry.

-          Don’t talk back – Kai hissed. – You need to learn all the rules in this city. Infinite decided that Luhan will be your main Watcher. You are lucky that he was given this task not me directly or you would have talk that much.

-          Can someone tell me what the hell is going on?  - I responded ignoring what he said earlier.

-          You are in Kailani – Baekhyun said.  – This land survived centuries and build a law over times that keeps the nation safe. We depend on Infinite. They build this nation and they enforce the rules. We trust them.

-          I don’t care – I responded – I want to go home. Kidnapping is a crime you know?

Kai laughed.

-          We didn’t kidnap you. Luhan saved your life actually. You came here by chance. You should be glad Lulu here is to weak and didn’t left you there. I guess he couldn’t stand the possibility that you could die after your body was pressured by the Gate.

There was to many things I couldn’t understand. Now they were talking about some kind of Gate. I felt dizzy again. I caught my head in my hands.

-          Its effect of the transition through Gate. Lets talk to Lay maybe he can help us.

They all left me alone. I was scared, angry and miserable. I wanted to run away, to go home. I wanted to my parents I was wrong all this time. I shouldn’t go to Lost Forest.  I get the determination I needed to try to sneak out. I looked at the window. I involved how much energy I could to my hands and grabbed for the window frame. I popped it open and tried to climb onto it. I was almost there when doors opened again.

-          What are you doing? – asked my Watcher.

-          Can’t you see? – I barked.  – You really think I will stay here?

-          Stop. You will hurt yourself. Anyway making to much noise it’s against the law here.

He catch me while I was falling down and sat me in bed.

-          It’s last time when I’m helping you like this.

-          Why is it against your stupid law too?

-          Yes. No noise, no asking unneeded question, no going out to forest, no going into Infinite House and no not registered relationships.

-          Are you kidding me? – I asked.

What was with this stupid rules? Where the hell did I end up? I looked at the guy who stood next to me. His perfect face stated he didn’t joke.

-          Get ready you will meet infinite soon – he said before he turned around – And don’t try to escape. My brother is watching outside.

With that he left me alone full of confusion and anger.