Chapter 1

The Player Or The Husband
 

Chapter 1

"Appa. I have classes." My father looked at me from across the table with pleading eyes.

"But, Grace… Kyungmi." I sighed. He was pulling out my Korean name. Due to the fact I was born in America, I have two names. My family life is confusing.

My parents have been friends since high school. My father studied here for a couple years, which is how they met. They stayed in touch for a while but after my mother got married to my older brother's father, they lost touch. Jeremiah's father left my mother for someone else and Mom was heartbroken. Coincidentally, Dad came to America on a business trip with one of the groups his business has sponsored. They ended up running into each other and went out for some drinking. One thing led to another and nine months later the blue-eyed half-Korean with two names showed up in this world. I closed those same blue eyes and sighed again.

"Kyungmi. This will really help out with the company. And you will get to work with some big names! It will get your name out there!" He moved to the edge of his seat and reached over the table, grabbing my hands. "You'll get more jobs!"

"Appa!" I pulled my hands away. "I don't want to be an actress. I want to teach music."

"You'll be working with idols! Come on!" Oh, gosh. Here they come. "Please." There they were. The puppy dog eyes. My father always got what he wanted when he used those stupid eyes on me. Then again, it also works vice versa. But whoever used it first always won. He beat me to the punch line.

I sigh escaped my lips again and I dropped my shoulders. "Fine. What am I doing?"

Dad nearly jumped out of his seat and started clapping. I couldn't help but to smile. I loved this man. Even if he was a pain most of the time.

"Okay, you're actually going to be doing two different things. There's a drama that would absolutely love for you to play the lead in. It's a story about a high school transfer from America who catches the eye of the young playboy of the school. They manage to be in the same class due to his connections and intelligence even though he is a year younger."

I nodded slightly. That didn't seem too bad. I mean, I'd played roles like this millions of times before. "And what's the other?"

He hesitated. Oh no. He never hesitates. "Well… There's a show that wants to try something with younger people and they really want you to do it. They haven't left me alone about it."

The smile dropped from my face. "What show?"

He hesitated again. He glanced down at the cappuccino he had in front of him. Slowly, he reached for it and took a sip then put it back down. "This is really good. You should try it."

"Don't change the subject, Appa." I almost glared at him.

He dropped his head and whispered, "We Got Married…"

I froze. "What?"

"Just give it a shot! They can find a new couple if you don't want to. They won't say no to me. Or you." He was sinking down to begging.

"How much will this help out Grace Entertainment?" My dad was the sole owner of the biggest entertainment company in Korea. They did everything, from debuting idols to investing money into other companies. The interesting part about this business was the fact that no other companies thought of Grace Entertainment as competition. It was thought of more as a business opportunity.

My dad worked with several different companies including huge names like TS Entertainment and SM Entertainment. My dad usually has his people working for other companies. He even trains idols so they can debut with other companies and he would get a certain percent of the profit and be able to use them in any way that he needed.

"A lot. The writer and lead male asked for you personally. They came to my house personally and asked for me to convince you. This will definitely help our connections with TS Entertainment. All I know about We Got Married is that they wanted you to do it. He is from SM Entertainment and they thought that you would be the best fit for him." My dad was now speaking in a tone that was a mixture of pleading and business. I got this tone fairly often, especially when he was trying to convince me to do a job.

After a moment, I sighed. I couldn't just leave my dad hanging. I couldn't make him tell them no. I would at least give it a shot. The drama should be fine but I was worried about We Got Married. I didn't know what kinds of things would be happening. I didn't know who I was marrying. I was only 19! I was going to be marrying someone and I was only nineteen. Yes, it was only a virtual marriage but it was the fact of the matter.

"Fine. I'll do it." I sighed once again and my dad smiled.

"They want to get started right away."

"How soon?"

"We leave tonight…" So many bombs were being dropped right now. Awesome. I glanced down at my watch. That gave a few hours to pack. The good thing about having a rich dad, I didn't have to pack much. Only the things I needed for the classes I was going to continue to take online.

"Alright. But you're coming to help me pack." I stood up and took my purse off the back of the chair. After straightening out the white dress that I was wearing, I placed my purse on my shoulder.

"You are so beautiful." My dad stood up and walked over to me. "This dress is… I love it." He shot me a smile and walked over to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and pulling me to the door.

My heels clicked on the floor with every step. This was an everyday look for me. I was wearing a strapless, ruffled high-low dress with a plain brown belt. My shoes were a pair of tan Coach Pumps. Even though I was wearing heels, I was still significantly shorter than my dad. With him standing 6'2" and me at 5'4", there was a significant difference.

I wrapped my arm around his waist and smiled. "I love you, Appa." I felt my shoulders being squeezed and I smiled.

"I love you too sweetie. Now come on, let's get you ready to get married!" I sighed, despite the smile on my face, and shook my head. This man was something else.