Yunho, the hero?

New Boy Next Door

Hello hello hello:

Big THANK YOU to all the new subscribers and a HUGE THANKS for the lovely comments. Keep them comming =)

 


 

 

Next day he woke-up later then usual. It was already lunch time. Unusually the house was silent.

After dressing some sweatpants and a tanktop he went downstairs to see why everything was so quiet.

In the kitchen table he found a note:

 

Dad didn't have time to come home for lunch. I took Seohyun and we are going to have lunch

with him near his work. You were still so asleep, I didn't want to wake you.

Lunch is is the fridge, just heat it up.

Love Mom

 

He was alone but at least he didn't had to watch over his baby sister. She wasn't a very interesting company.

As instructed he heat the food and took it with him to eat in his bedroom, possibly lying in bed. He was home alone, he could do whatever he wanted.

The food was tasty and he was savoring it when something caught his eye: through the window he could see Jaejoong sat on the eave of his window, his legs hanging on the outside in a very, very unsafe position.

Yunho stopped the chopsticks in the air, midway to his mouth, and ran to his own window, opening it.

He's gonna jump. He though in despair.

“YAHHHH, KIM JAEJOONG, DON'T DO IT. YAHHHH?!” he started yelling to the other but no response. The blonde kept looking to something he was holding in his hands.

Without hesitation Yunho ran out of his room, out of his house and jump the fence that separated the two houses. He only stopped when he was right under the other's window.

“YAHHHH!” he screamed again and flung his arms around, trying to get Jaejoong's attention. He finally succeeded.

“Yunho?” the other said surprised.

“Don't do it.... Don't... don't jump...” Yunho managed to say between uneven breaths from all the running.

“Don't jump???? YOU THOUGHT I WAS TRYING TO KILL MYSELF?” Jaejoong asked totally incredulous and then started laughing making Yunho start to feel embarrassed.

“Well... yeah. You looked all gloomy and... yesterday you seemed a bit revolted... when I called you from my window you didn't answer...” Yunho tried to justify his assumptions, still panting.

“Oh god, did I really looked like that to you yesterday? Maybe my mom is right and I'm being a total emo these days.” he chuckeled. “And I didn't answer you cause I didn't hear you. I was just chilling and listening music.” He explained and showed his headphones. Then he started to laugh again. “And what harm could I do to myself by jumping from here, really?”

Jae was right. He could probably break a leg or an arm but his window wasn't that high, if he jumped he could touch Jae's feet. Now he was feeling stupid and Jae kept laughing.

“Okay, okay. I got a bit carried away. But next time don't sit there like that. Let's spare me a heart attack, shall we?” Jae nodded in agreement, still with an amused smile on his face.

“I was looking at the view and listening to some music. No self-harm thoughts here, I swear.” he assured Yunho, who was just starting to regain his breath. “I just didn't know what to do with my time. There aren't many things to do around here, are they?”

“Absolutely nothing. Welcome to nowhere.”

“Geee, thanks.” Jae said with humor. “Hmmm, wanna hangout?”

Jaejoong's question caught Yunho of guard. The new neighbor seemed like and easy going and approachable guy. Maybe his mom was right: they could become friends and the rest of his vacation wouldn't ... so much.

“Yeah, sure. Let me just get past the mini heart attack I just had and go dress something else. I'll be back in a bit.” Jae nodded and entered his room.

 

In about then minutes Yunho was in front of Jae's house, waiting next to the little gate of the fence.

“Are you really waiting for an invitation? Just now you barged into my garden in flash mode.” Jae the moment he got out of his house. Yunho shyly opened the gate and entered Jae's garden, going to sit besides the later in his porch’s stairs.

“In, my defense that was a matter of life and death. I couldn't waste time with formalities-” Yunho tried to defend himself.

“Riiight!” Jae a bit more.

The awkward silence was back and Jae was starting to think if the whole hanging-out idea was such a great idea after all.

“I saw you sleep.” he blurted out before he could stop himself.

“What?” Yunho asked, a bit creeped out to be honest.

“Ehehe... I couldn't really sleep last night and I can see your room from my window. You fell asleep with your lights on. And... I saw you sleep. You have some weeeeird sleeping habits.” Jae was a bit embarrassed by the sudden confession but quickly got over it. Yunho started to think that his new neighbor might be a bit 4D.

“Oh, not you too. I sleep normally, exactly how other people do!” Yunho defended himself. He had heard those comments from other friends too, when they had sleepovers.

“Does this look normal to you?” Jae said and started to demonstrate how Yunho slept with his mouth impossibly wide.

“Yah, I do not sleep like that. And I do not role my eyes either.” Yunho complained but was laughing, infected by the other's unique laughter.

“Roll your eyes?? You do?? That I couldn't see. I should get some binoculars or something to witness that.” Jae said amused and Yunho facepalmed himself for revealing a secret that Jae didn´t knew yet, after all.

The conversation flowed easily. They started to find things they had in common and Yunho was thinking that becoming friends with that guy was going to be really easy.

“I may have to arrange a camera to record the best moments of your sleeping habits. Maybe I can attach a camera to Jiji and send her as a spy to your room.” Jaejoong was back to mocking Yunho and was having a good laugh out of it.

“YAH! If you mention that again I swear I'll kidnap the cat and you won't ever see it again.” Yunho threatened.

“Who are you saying yah to?” Jae scolded but in a playful way. They were using formal speech but neither of them new their ages and kept calling the other by -shi. “Wait. Actually, how old are you?” Jae asked.

“Definitely older than you so you can stop threatening your hyung!”

“What makes you so sure of that?” Jae came again.

“Well, I'm 16 and going to my second year of higschool.” Yunho stated, a bit proud.

“Same here!” Jae stated like it was obvious.

“REALLY? How can it be? Wait when is your birthday?”

“4th February. Do I have to show you my ID?” Jae joked.

“Mine is 6th February. Your actually older. Uahhh, did you stop aging or something? Or are you wearing a lot of makeup??” Yunho stared at Jae. To him Jaejoong seemed so fair and fragile it was inconceivable in his mind they would be of the same age.

“There we go again...” Jae rolled his eyes, tired of comments like that. “ What matter's is that I'm your hyung and you should treat me with more respect.”

“Pfff, what hyung? Is just a couple days difference.”

“Right, but there is a difference. Now start treating your hyung like he deserves or some footage of your nocturne life will be spread all over the web!” Jae seemed to have a great laugh of how pissed Yunho seemed about that topic.

 

 

 

“OMMMMMMA! Finally. I'm starving.” Yunho whined when his family entered the house at dinner time. His little sister instantly became excited when she saw her brother and wriggled her little arms until Yunho picked her up. He was in a good mood and the tiny human didn't seem so annoying that day.

“Annyong, adeul. So my 16 year old son who claims his not a baby anymore can't even manage to feed himself?” his mom .

“It's not like that. It's just that omma's cooking is delicious.” he said with a grin.

“Kiss-.” his father chuckeled.

“Why did you guys come home so late anyways? I though you were only going to have lunch?” he whined again.

“I decided that once I was already in the city I should go search some kindergartens for Seohyun. Once you start school again and I go back to work she will need to go to one. Were you really bored home alone all day?” she asked.

“Eh, not really. I hang-out with Jaejoong during the afternoon.” Yunho said absentmindedly while he played with the baby.

“Who?” his father asked.

“The new neighbor.” was Yunho's simple answer.

“Ohhhhh. Who must have been the wise wise person that said you would find something to do if you go outside?”. his father said with irony.

“Alright, alright. Save yourself the compliments. Actually I went out cause I thought he was trying to kill himself.”

“WHAT?” both his parents shouted.

“I was wrong.” he quickly explained to calm the others. “It's a long story.”

He shared the happenings of his day with his parents over dinner and they laughed at how silly Yunho was for thinking Jae was trying to kill himself from such a low window. By the end of the meal everyone was of the opinion that Jae seemed like a nice guy and Yunho's parent's encouraged him to invite the blonde over.