Friend vs Friend

New Boy Next Door

          A/N: You guys

You're comments are allways so sweet and positive =´)

Thank you so much. Keep em coming =)

 

 



         

            “Yoboseyo?” Yunho picked his phone up without checking the id of the caller. He was sitting by his window and his eyes and attention were directed to his blonde neighbor’s window. The later still seemed to be asleep, he’s room was quiet.

           “YUNHO!!” Donghae screamed through the phone.

           “Aishh, why is this guy allways so loud?!” Yunho mumbled to himself. “What do you want?”

“YA, why the cold treatment? I call you as soon as I get home and this is what I get?” the other wined.

“If you didn’t try to make me deaf every time you all me I would… Wait. You’re home?”

           “Yes. I told you yesterday when I called you that I would be back today. Pffft not even paying attention to what I say. Anyway, I arrived at dawn and just had enough sleep to recharge my batteries. What do you say you come over and we can call Hyuk and Junsu and play some football? I’m sure they will be up to it. You can sleep here, cause I now is tiring go to back home cause you live far away. Why the hell do you live in the middle of nowhere after all? I think I would go crazy if…” Donghae kept blabbing on but Yunho wasn’t listening to him anymore.

 

 

           In the house right next to his, the teenage resident had just woken up. He got up from bed, rubbing his eyes in a cute, almost childish manner, to try to adjust his vision to the sudden brightness.  He went to his desk to check is phone and frowned when he saw he had no text messages or missed calls. It was late; he had slept in and was hopping that a certain brunette had tried to contact him. But the brunette had the habit to sleep until late so he shrugged. He turned his mp3 player on and connected it to its speakers, choosing a song that fitted his mood. When he finally found one he smiled to himself and started dancing around the room while he went from drawer to drawer picking up a change of clothes to wear after he showered. When he went to turn the mp3 player off, he saw a pair of dark eyes looking at him from a window in the house next to his. He could feel the blood rushing to his cheeks, what a situation to be caught dancing alone in your room, and decided to wave like crazy, greeting his spectator, to fight the embarrassment, while smiling from ear to ear.

 

 

          Yunho noticed Jae waking up and followed his every move. He didn’t try but he was sure that even if he did he wouldn’t be able to look away. His eyes were glued to the blonde. Everything the other did was fascinating. He giggled when his neighbor started doing a little dance and the sounds coming from his phone became nothing more than background noise.

          Finally he was noticed. He knew he was blushing due to being caught staring into someone else’s room but it didn’t mind. The person who caught him was blushing too and waving enthusiastically at him. A smiled formed on his lips. He didn’t quite new why, yet, but he knew he couldn’t go anywhere. He had a memory board to help fill.

          Jaejoong notice he was on the phone and started writing something on a notebook in big letters. He then showed it to Yunho. It was written “Going to take a shower and stuff me with breakfast. Want to go for that bike ride after?”

          Yunho smiled and nodded affirmatively. He absolutely couldn’t go anywhere.

          “Donghae, I’m busy today. I can’t go anywhere. Sorry.” He mumbled to his phone, without taking his eyes from the house besides his until the blonde disappeared after closing his room’s door after him. Yunho didn’t wait for a reply from the other side and hung up. He ran downstairs, suddenly eager to have breakfast too.

          “Honey, you ended up not telling me if Jaejoong liked my gift.” His mother said, casually, while they ate.

          “Oh mom… Why? Why would you do that?” Yunho remembered the gift embarrassment.

          “What? He didn’t like it? It was just like the one I bought for you. I just figured he would like it too!”

           Yunho almost face palmed.

          “It’s not that he didn’t like it. It’s just that… it’s weird, okay?” he tried to explain.

          “Weird?”

          “Yes. Now it’s like we have… couple shirts.” He added, frowning his face. His mother started laughing. “Sure, laugh. It is weird though. Why did you buy him something after all?”

          “How sensitive you are all of a sudden. I was sure we would like the hoodie and I’m even more sure he isn’t worrying about couple-shirts nonsense. And I bought him a gift cause he’s your friend. I have bought things for Donghae too. I was trying to treat your friend well. Pfft excuse me for caring.” He’s mother said with sarcasm. Yunho chuckled at her easy going ways.

         “Arasso omma. You did well. Thank you for caring about him. He asked me to tell you he loved it and to thank you.”

        “See? He is your friend and he had been putting up with you daily. I had to reattribute him.”

        “Ommmaaa! He isn’t putting up with me. We have fun together.” He sighed. His mother just chuckled at her own joke.

         “Whatever you say. I just hope you don’t get too attached. I don’t want you getting hurt. Clean after yourself before you leave. I’m going to give Seohyunie a bath.” She announced and left the kitchen. Yunho stopped the piece of green onion pancake in the air, halfway distance to his mouth, and gave his mother’s words some thought. It wasn’t the first time she said something of the sorts but he didn’t know what she meant.

         After a few minutes of thinking, he shrugged and just decided that his mother could be weird sometimes.

         He rushed to clean his dishes and run to the back of his house to get his bike.

 

 

        “How do you intend to go for a bike ride if your bicycle is dead?” he joked as he approached Jaejoong who was sitting on the floor, in front of his garage, looking at his bicycle and assessing the damages that the lack of use had inflicted on the vehicle.

         “I intend to do some CPR and bring it back to life!” Jae replied and stuck his tongue out.

         Yunho took a look at the others bicycle to see what he could help with.

         “Why don’t you start by giving it a bath? I’m going to grab some lubricating oil to make that bike chain work again.”

          Jae saw Yunho jump the fences that separated his yard from Yunho’s and then ran to his garage. While the brunet was away, Jae cleaned the bicycle with soap and sponge and was now removing the foam, showering it with water.

          “I thought you just showered. No need to shower again!” Yunho teased Jae, when he got back, after noticing that the brunet had gotten his clothes all wet while cleaning the bicycle.

          “The tip of the hose has different settings. I kind of lost control of it.” Jae explained, ashamed, with a little pout, from which Yunho averted his eyes cause that pout had the power of making butterflies appear on his stomach, out of nowhere. “I think it is clean now, though.”

          “Yeah, I think so too. Let’s inflate the tires while the bike dries and then lubricate the chain.” Yunho suggested and Jae nodded in agreement.

          A few moments of silent work passed until the brunet finally talked again:

          “Aren’t we gonna talk about what happen this morning?”

          “What do you mean?” Jae asked, very immersed in what they were doing.

          “I’m talking about that little dance session I happened to witness.” Yunho tried his best to maintain a stoic face and not start laughing.

          “Oh god. You’re gonna mock me for the rest of the day aren’t you?”

          “For the rest of the month.” Yunho assured him, now openly laughing. Jae shoved him, though he was smiling too.

          “You’re mean.”

          “You were the one who started the through-the-window-espionage.” Yunho joked again.

          “What I got myself into. I’m going to change into some dry clothes before you find something else to embarrass me with, Yunho the nanny.”

          “Go ahead, Jaejoong the cook.”

          “Cooks are y. Nannys are lame!” Jae shouted from his front door before he entered, leaving behind a laughing Yunho.

 

 

          “So, where should we go?” Jae asked when they were both on their bicycles and ready to go.

          “There isn’t much to see around here. There is a convenience store a few kilometers from here. We could drive there, drink something fresh and comeback. Lame, but is a plan.”

J - “Sounds good to me. Lead the way, Yunho the guide.”

Y - “Oh, so no nanny anymore?”

J - “Do you think I can let Yunho, the nanny, die? No way. Hmm, Yunho, the nanny has lot of bills to pay so he has a second job as Yunho, the guide.”

Y – “You’re imagination goes to weird places you know?”

J – “I’ve been told.” Jae says with a grin.

Y – “Oh, that remembers me: Jae, the cook as a second job too.”

J – “Really? What’s that?”

Y – “He moonlights as a singer. It’s his alter ego. And I haven’t heard him sing yet.”

J – “And you won’t so soon. You will have to blackmail me with a lot more embarrassing situations than just catching me dancing alone to make me sing to you.”

              “Challenge accepted!” Yunho said, enthusiastically.

              “NO! That’s not what I meant. You can’t…” Jae got interrupted.

              “CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!” Yunho said again with a mischievous grin on his face.

              “Oh…! Why do I keep getting myself in hard situations? It’s your fault. You meanie. I’m gonna run away.” Jae says with a chuckle and speeds, leaving Yunho behinf.

              “YAH! Come here.” The brunet yells and chases after the other.

 

 

               After almost an hour they reach the convenience place.

               Jaejoong insists on paying for the drinks, as Yunho paid for everything in their day out on the city. Yunho stayed outside to watch over the bikes.

               Suddenly his phone rings. Donghae again.

               “You liar!” Donghae says as soon as Yunho picks up the phone.

Y- “What the hell? What are you talking about?”

D- “I just talked to your mother. She says you had nothing to do today and that you are out with that blonde girlish boy that is now your neighbor.”

Y- “Why the hell did you talk with my mom? Did you call to my house?”

D- “Cause that’s really what matter here, isn’t it? Why would you lie to me? If you were that busy you wouldn’t have time to hang with the pretty boy.”

Y- “Stop calling him that. His name is Jaejoong.”

D- “Pfft, whatever.”

Y- “And I AM busy cause I have plans with him.”

D- “Oh, how sweet. You too are on a date.”

Y- “You know what, screw you. You are being a total jerk. Are you jealous or something??”

D- “Like I would. I just don’t understand why you would prefer to hang out with him rather than with me. Are you going to spend all your time with your new playmate now?”

Y- “No, I’m not gonna spend all my time with JAEJOONG.” Yunho yelled the name to remember Donghae of it. In his mind he was thinking how the last few weeks he had indeed spent all his time with Jae and how he didn’t mind to spend the next weeks like that too.

D- “I’m away for a couple of days and you quickly find a new bestfriend. I even met someone during my vacation. I wanted to tell you all about it but I guess you’re not interested.”

Y- “You were away for weeks and even if you weren’t I am not obliged to be ready to run to you whenever you want company. How rich, so you meet someone and spend your time as you wish and I can’t even make a new friend?”

D- “Whatever. Go run to the pretty boy. See if I care.”

Y- “Argh, call me when you stop being a jealous neurotic freak!” And with that Yunho hang up.

 

               Jaejoong picked two icecreams, two bottles of water and a couple of sodas. He paid for it and came out. He noticed Yunho was on the phone and was about to approach him when he heard his name being yelled:

               “Stop calling him that. His name is Jaejoong. ….. And I AM busy cause I have plans with him. …. You know what, screw you. You are being a total jerk. Are you jealous or something? …. No, I’m not gonna spend all my time with JAEJOONG! …. You were away for weeks and even if you weren’t I am not obliged to be ready to run to you whenever you want company. How rich, so you meet someone and spend your time as you wish and I can’t even make a new friend? ….. Argh, call me when you stop being a jealous neurotic freak!”

               Jaejoong could only hear Yunho’s side of the conversation but he was sure the brunette was talking to his good friend Donghae.

              Jae knew Yunho enjoyed his company cause he lived far away from his friends and rarely could go have fun with them. With his best friend away on vacations, Yunho basically spent his time on his room, bored to death. Jae knew his sudden friendship was helped by the fact that Yunho had no one else to turn too.

               Now that his best friend was back, Jaejoong knew things would be different. He had been taking too much of Yunho’s time and grew accustomed to the fact that his neighbor was always ready to spend time with him. But now, seeing that was causing trouble between Yunho as his old friend, he felt guilty to consume all of the brunettes time. He didn’t want the other to fill pity of him or feel obligated to spend time with him cause he didn’t know anyone else in town. He wouldn’t let his friendship with Yunho ruin Yunho’s other relationships.

               He took a deep breath and said in his most cheerful voice, trying to hide a hint of sadness:

               “You should spend some time with your friends. You don’t have to worry about me!”.