*~Chapter 2~*

The Angel of My Heart

The very next day, I’m waiting for Ji-hyo to come but I haven’t seen any sign of her coming. Suddenly I was erupted by someone’s voice which sounds familiar to me --- Ye-bin’s voice.

                        “Jong-kookie~” I immediately felt a cold chill behind me, Ye-bin’s voice sounds different. Something must had happened to her, or maybe not.

                        “Ya, why does your voice sound different? Did something happened?” I asked her.

                        “Nothing, I just don’t feel well toda…ahh…ahh…CHOO!!” I was shock with her loud sneeze, I suspect that she has flu. She never been sick like this for ages since the first time we met, she always makes me worry about her, she always been so healthy.

                        “Ye-bin ah, are you sure that you are really okay? Because you don’t look like you’re fine.” She only nods her head and looks like she forced herself to smile cheerfully.

                        As we are talking, I noticed that the angel---Ji-hyo finally arrive after a few hours, I was amazed by her beauty which can never be beaten by other girls. I want to go and talk with her but my body won’t budge from my seat! What is wrong with me? Jong-kook, you have to be brave and talk to Ji-hyo. Because if I don’t do it now, when can I know things about her? I said to myself.

                        But, things don’t go so well. I was disappointed when I saw her talking with our school famous boy, Kang Gary, and she even looks very happy chatting with him. Ye-bin saw me looking in despair, she said something that I will always remember and be grateful.

                        “Jong-kook ah, if you like her why don’t you just tell her instead of giving up here and regret all your life for this? Don’t give up so easily, the Jong-kook I know won’t give up because something stop him. Try, wait and you’ll be given something you’ve always wanted before.” Her advice is so magical that I couldn’t stop thinking of it all day.

 

                                                                                          ***After Recess***

 

                        Before recess finish, Ye-bin told me to just directly tell Ji-hyo that I like her before Gary takes her first because she overheard the conversation between Ji-hyo and Gary during recess. Other than that she also encourages me before going to do her work as the Student Council president. When I go back to class, once again I see both Gary and Ji-hyo chatting and laughing and I almost give up but then I remember what Ye-bin had told me before. I bravely step forward and finally talk to Ji-hyo.

                        “Ji-hyo ssi, can we talk for a while?” I crossed my finger and hope that she would talk and noticed me.

                        “I’m sorry Jong-kook ssi, I’m busy talking with my sweetheart over here. Can we talk another time?” my heart shattered into pieces as soon as I hear her answer. I almost cry but I hold it in, I can’t believe that Gary took her first, my first love. I slowly go back to my seat and decided to stay quite all day till school has ended.

                        “Jong-kook?” Ye-bin asks me with a curious and worried look on her face. I want to hide what had happened but I can’t so I decide to tell her all what happened.

                        “Ye-bin ah, you’re my best friend forever right?” I said.

                        ‘Of course I am. Now tell me what happened, did it work out between you and Ji-hyo?”  She asked with anticipation.

                        “No, nothing works out between me and Ji-hyo. Oh and did you know that Gary and Ji-hyo are dating?”  As those words come out of my mouth I start to drop some tears with a broken heart shattered into millions of pieces. Just think about that makes my heart sank to the bottom, why fate is so cruel to me?

                        “Jong-kook, you see this world is big and wide. You can find some other girl in this school, don’t give up that easily will you?” I can’t find any other girl in this school or the whole world, because--- she’s the angel in my heart.

“Ye-bin ah, I can’t.”

                        That word, reminds me and Ye-bin about the past where both of us live together in the same neighbourhood, went to the same elementary school and faced the same challenge together.

 

***Flashback***

 

                        That summer vacation, Ye-bin and I met an amazing beauty little girl that was about our age at the theme park. That girl seems to have lost and separated from her parent. We both decided to help her find her parent.

                        “Hey, little girl, are you okay? We can help you if you need one.” Ye-bin said to that girl. That girl only nods and wipes her tears away, but she’s still sobbing.

                        “I lost my parent when I came back here, they said that they would wait me here.”  She said while sobbing at the same time.

                        “May we know what’s your name, girl?” I said to know more about her details.

                        “My name is Cheon Seong-im.” She has such beautiful name too, no wonder she was born pretty.

                        Later on, we decided to bring Seong-im to the nearest information counter, there we ask the announcer to announce a missing little girl. After a few minutes, her parent finally arrived here panting and happy that they finally find their only daughter.

                        “Thank you for helping our daughter, kids.” Her parent said and was grateful that they even blessed us both, they said that they have just moved to our neighbourhood a few days ago. They also said that Seong-im will be going to the same school as ours. We are so happy that we will a new friend, not just a new friend but we might be best friends until we grow up!

                        I actually like Seong-im and told Ye-bin about it and she was also happy for me, she also said that she was jealous that I have someone to say “I love you” , I can only laugh until my stomach hurts because of laughing very hard.

            The very next day, I decided to tell Seong-im that I like her. When I arrive, she is already there. I brave myself to walk through the crowd and confront her, finally I can tell her how much I like her since the first time we met.

                        “Seong-im ssi, I just wanted to say that I like you.” I said it and I’m eager to know her answer.

                        “Jong-kook ssi, I’m sorry but I have already liked someone else. Maybe some other time?” her answer broke my heart into millions pieces and sank to the bottom. I step away from her and the crowd, now everyone know that I like Seong-im and was rejected by her.

                        During recess, Ye-bin rushes to my seat and I’m confirmed that she would like to know the progress between me and Seong-im.

                        ““Ye-bin ah, you’re my best friend forever right?” I said.

                        ‘Of course I am. Now tell me what happened, did it work out between you and Seong-im?”  She asked with anticipation.

                        “No, nothing works out between me and Seong-im. Oh and did you know that Seong-im likes someone else?”  As those words come out of my mouth I start to drop some tears with a broken heart shattered into millions of pieces. Just think about that makes my heart sank to the bottom, why fate is so cruel to me?

                        “Jong-kook, you see this world is big and wide. You can find some other girl in this school, don’t give up that easily will you?” I can’t find any other girl in this school or the whole world, because--- she is my first love.

“Ye-bin ah, I can’t”

 

***Present***

                        Now I remember that I have faced things like this before, and I also got the same result. That’s why I only close to Ye-bin than the girls in my class, because I don’t want the same thing happened. But it did.

                        Seong-im actually studied overseas after 3 months later. Ye-bin said that she can’t contact her after that and neither do I, but both of us hope that she would come back here and play together again like in the past. She’s still remain as my first love and I still can’t forget what she told me that day, just the same as what Ji-hyo had told me.