3/3

Just Another Day

 

Taecyeon's POV

The moment that his hand left mine, everything seemed to move in slow motion. I knew for certain that he couldn't see me, but I could see him perfectly. I saw the terrified look on his face and I saw every step he took backwards to escape the rabid fan girls. I saw his back touch the shelf and I saw the girls continue to advance on him.

What are they, wolves?

I also saw the shelf begin to move.

No. No. No.

It was like time stood still. I had no time to think, only to react. My instincts took over. I pushed the girls that were around me away as if they were made of nothing but paper. The move was effortless and seemed instantaneous. If it was any other place, any other time, anyone else, I would have felt bad, but it wasn't. It was here, now, and it was Jaebum.

As I moved closer to him, time began to move again. The shelf had chosen the direction in which it would fall. It had chosen Jaebum. The girls had finally seemed to notice what was happening and they began to back away.

Stupid girls. Don't you know that it was caused by you?!

Just as with the girls that had surrounded me, I pushed aside the girls and ran to Jay.

Please, let me make it.



Jaebum's POV

I knew as soon as I felt the shelf move that I was in danger. My first instinct was to get away from it as quickly as possible, but the crazy fan girls were in the way and they felt like a brick wall. They wouldn't budge.

Move! I thought angrily. Why did this have to happen to me? I mean, I wasn't even supposed to be here. If Taec had just let me go home when I wanted to...

Stupid Taec. I'll get you back for this.

Just as I began thinking of ways to exact my revenge, I heard the shelf behind me give an ominous groan. I looked back in just enough time to see the shelf falling. On me. I crouched down, covered my head with my hands and braced myself for the impact.

Please don't let this hurt too much.

However, the impact never came. I heard cans falling all around me, but I didn't feel them or the shelf fall on ME. Instead, I felt something warm and sturdy against my back. Not a single can made contact with me. I opened my eyes and saw two arms on either side of me. The arms were strong and sturdy, not the arms that would belong to one of the girls.

"T-Taec?"

"Are you OK, Jay?" he asked, concern evident in his voice. At the sound of my name a tingle ran down my spine. What the-

"Ya, I'm fine, but you-"

Taecyeon sighed and I could hear a hint of a smile in his voice when he said, "Good. I'm glad you're OK."

I quickly crawled out from under him and, still crouching, turned to look at him.

"What do you mean you're glad? Look at you."

I looked around. Everyone was just staring. What the are they doing?! Can't they see he needs help?!

"Someone help me get this off of him," I said angrily as I stood up and tried to remove the shelf from Taec by myself. The d*mn thing was heavy. How did he stop this thing? I can't move it even an inch.

As I tried in vain to move the impossibly heavy shelf, a few male employees came to help me.

About d*mn time.

Together, the employees and I managed to lift the shelf high enough for Taec to slide out from underneath it. As soon as we saw that he was out, we released our hold on the shelf and it fell to the ground with a deafening thud.

Taec stood up and dusted himself off before he turned to face me.

"You're sure you're fine?" he asked again, as if the answer would have changed between then and now.

"Yes, I'm fine, but what about you?" I asked, more worried for him than I was for myself. After all, I didn't have so much as a scratch on me, but Taec-

"Taec! Oh my god! You're bleeding!"

Taecyeon's POV

I don't know how I managed to make it in time, but I did. Just as the shelf was about to crush Jay, I slid myself in between them. The shelf was much heavier than it looked. Definitely much heavier. However, I didn't care how heavy it was. I only cared for one thing right now.

"T-Taec?"

God, my name had never sounded so good. It was proof that he was OK.

"Are you OK, Jay?" I needed to be sure.

"Ya, I'm fine, but you-" he began.

"Good. I'm glad you're OK," I interrupted. Who cared about me? He was safe. That's all that mattered.

I inwardly groaned in protest as he crawled out from the wreckage, taking his warmth with him. Once out, he turned to look at me.

"What do you mean you're glad? Look at you," he said angrily. Why is he angry?

"Someone help me get this off of him," I heard him say as he attempted to lift the shelf alone.

Just as I was about to tell him to leave it be, I heard the sound of footsteps, which, was soon followed by the sight of three pairs of legs. I felt the pressure from the shelf ease and I crawled out from beneath the shelf. As soon as I was out I heard a thud. I stood up and dusted myself off. Not that there was any dust on me, but it was a habit. Feeling presentable, I turned to face Jaebum. I needed to know that he was ok. I needed to be EXTRA sure.

"You're sure you're fine?"

"Yes, I'm fine, but what about you? Taec! Oh my god! You're bleeding!" as he shouted this, he moved towards me and reached up to wipe away the blood that was apparently coming from my right temple.

"We need to go. Now," Jay said as he initiated our contact once again by grabbing my hand.


3rd Person POV

The two men pushed their way past all the fan girls who had recovered from their shock and the employees of the super market. They heard many "Oppa, sorry"s and "Forgive us, dear customer"s as they made their way to freedom.

Even after they were free from the overbearing fans and the unhelpful employees, Jay continued to drag Taec behind him. He was walking at an alarming rate and refused to speak. Taecyeon was beginning to become worried.

"Uh... Jay?"

Jay didn't respond.

"Jay?" Taec repeated worriedly.

No matter how many times Taec called his name, Jay refused to respond or even acknowledge him. It wasn't until they were in a secluded park that Jay finally led Taec to a bench and sat down, pulling Taec to sit beside him as well.

"Are you ok?" Jay asked as he turned to face Taec and wiped away the blood from his temple. The bleeding had already stopped. As with most head wounds it looked worse than it actually was.

"Ya, I told you. I'm fine," Taecyeon responded as he pushed Jay's hand away from his face.

"But-"

"But nothing. I'm fine. Look, it even stopped bleeding," Taec insisted.

Jaebum looked at Taecyeon with a worried look, but kept his mouth closed. He knew that when Taec wanted to be stubborn that there was nothing that could make him budge. Taec, in return, looked at Jay with an equally worried look.

"What?" Jaebum asked when he noticed the worried expression that his companion wore.

"I'm just... making sure you're ok," Taecyeon said as he continued to look at Jaebum.

"And I told YOU, I'm fine. Honest."

"I know, but I was just... so.. scared," he said as he shifted his gaze from the older man's face, "when the shelf began falling, I thought my heart would stop. I didn't want to lose you. My only thought was 'please, not him.'"

Jay remained silent.

"I..." Taecyeon couldn't continue because he wasn't sure how to express the emotions he was feeling. He wasn't even sure what he was feeling.

Jay had remained silent for everything that Taec had said. Now, he too, was staring at the ground. What the h*ll... What is he saying?

Taecyeon's revelation of his thoughts at that time made Jaebum feel emotions that he couldn't explain. Feelings that he wasn't supposed to have.

Jay tried to think logically about his emotional response to the confession. He tried to reason with himself that it was simply because they were close as band members, but Jay knew better. He knew that the feelings weren't so easily explained.

Aish, Scr*w it. I give up.With that, Jay laid his head on Taec's shoulder and closed his eyes. He allowed himself to breathe in the scent of the man on which he was now resting. Taecyeon tensed when he felt the touch of the older man.

"J-Jay?"

"Thank you," Jaebum said with his eyes still closed.

"For what?" Taec asked, a little thrown off by the unexpected statement.

"For... everything. For tonight. For yesterday. For tomorrow. Thank you for being alive." As Jay finished speaking, he raised his head and looked Taec in the face.

Taec knew that no response was needed. So, instead, he pulled him into an embrace where no communication was needed. Neither of them knew how long they were in the park and neither of them really cared. It wasn't until Jay spoke that they even realized that they were cold.

"I think we should go home,"Jay spoke into Taec's chest.

"Hn," was Taec's response.

"It freezing out here and I don't want you to catch a cold," Jay said as he reluctantly rose from his position on the bench and Taec's embrace.

"Well, you could always keep me warm," Taec said as he wriggled his eyebrows in his usual greasy fashion and tried to pull his other half back into an embrace.

Jaebum chuckled and remained standing. He was determined to return home. He was serious when he said he was afraid of his larger beau catching a cold.

"Come on, let's go."

Taecyeon sighed and stood up.

"Ok, let's go," he said as he caught a hold of Jay's hand and began walking in the direction of their apartment.

As they were walking, a thought occurred to Taecyeon.

"Hey Jay, we didn't get bananas."

"Hm? O, ya. I guess we didn't."

"Won't Chansung be mad?"

"Whatever. After what we went through, I'll be d*mned if he thinks he can get mad at you. Don't worry, I won't let him say anything."

Taec squeezed Jay's hand as he heard him say this.

"Thank you, Jay."

"Hm? For what?"

"For everything."

 

Note: Fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff. That's all this was. Fluffy fluffy~ If you finished reading this three-shot, thank you~!!!!               감사합니다~   <3 <3 <3